You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:51 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 334
Team Supported: Darlington
As above - waterlogged pitch


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 1023
Team Supported: Darlington
Yackley_Quaker wrote:
As above - waterlogged pitch

Not surprised going to be a busy end to the sesaon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10968
Team Supported: Darlington
I'm surprised that only one other National League North game has been called off so far and that's FCUM v York. I guess a lot of games are local derbies today, so don't they don't need to be called off until lunchtime.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 1068
Team Supported: Darlington
Just seen pics of Sheffield under snow! Spennymoor won't be the only postponement. :(


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Posts: 784
Location: Newton Aycliffe
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I'm surprised that only one other National League North game has been called off so far and that's FCUM v York. I guess a lot of games are local derbies today, so don't they don't need to be called off until lunchtime.


Only 5 fixtures currently not P-P.

_________________
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2229
Team Supported: Darlington
Wonder if we'll end up playing at Harrogate next week now that Spenny are having to switch their games away from Brewery Field. Looks like Brad is going to have to dig a little deeper for a new pitch along with all the other outlays. They've got the seats in but the ground is unfit to host football. The situation is a real mess for club and fans.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1261
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Wonder if we'll end up playing at Harrogate next week now that Spenny are having to switch their games away from Brewery Field. Looks like Brad is going to have to dig a little deeper for a new pitch along with all the other outlays. They've got the seats in but the ground is unfit to host football. The situation is a real mess for club and fans.


Pitch works have long been scheduled for this summer, from long before the current problems.

Its apparently only one area on the pitch that is the problem in front of where the tractor entrance to pitch is.

The pitch has always been poor, but ironically 2 years ago it was better than Bishops when you played a couple of home games there when Bishop was unfit. That's clearly no longer the case and it needs work doing. The number of home games played this year is minimal and probably currently the worst in the top 2 steps of non league football

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1233
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Wonder if we'll end up playing at Harrogate next week now that Spenny are having to switch their games away from Brewery Field. Looks like Brad is going to have to dig a little deeper for a new pitch along with all the other outlays. They've got the seats in but the ground is unfit to host football. The situation is a real mess for club and fans.


Switched to BM I would have thought. We'll just give them the home dressing room.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3419
Team Supported: Darlington
Vodka_Vic wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
Wonder if we'll end up playing at Harrogate next week now that Spenny are having to switch their games away from Brewery Field. Looks like Brad is going to have to dig a little deeper for a new pitch along with all the other outlays. They've got the seats in but the ground is unfit to host football. The situation is a real mess for club and fans.


Switched to BM I would have thought. We'll just give them the home dressing room.



Not sure that's allowed?

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1233
Team Supported: Darlington
Leamington and Blyth with pitch inspections now. This rain never ends.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1219
Team Supported: Darlington
In addition to his seven figure outlay?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:08 am
Posts: 181
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo
Why has Spenny games been switched to Harrogate? Surely Blackwell Meadows, Gateshead, Hartlepool or Bishop would be better alternatives.

I hope our game can be switched to Blackwell if it comes to it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1605
Team Supported: Darlington
been quite impressed with how our pitch has held up - was looking a bit bad a few weeks ago, but on Saturday it looked ok, just a few bad areas, considering it had been raining quite heavy as well.

_________________
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1261
Team Supported: Darlington
murtonquaker wrote:
Why has Spenny games been switched to Harrogate? Surely Blackwell Meadows, Gateshead, Hartlepool or Bishop would be better alternatives.

I hope our game can be switched to Blackwell if it comes to it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Bishop - FA refused to allow it to be used as not graded for NLN

Other 3 - all not available, not sure of reasons, but may be to do with saving their own pitches.

Game Spennymoor v Darlington will almost certainly not be at Blackwell as it would mean Darlington getting unfair advantage over rest of league as they would get an extra home game. Different criteria apply to league games as to cup games re switching/ conceeding home advantage.

Stupid thing is FA say its exceptional circumstances that force game to be not at Spennymoor.
Then the FA refuse to allow exceptional circumstances to allow game to be at Bishop or Consett.

Exceptional circumstances only apply when FA wants them to.

At least its not as bad as Gateshead who had to play a home game at Boston a couple of years ago as it was the nearest ground with appropriate rating that was available.

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10968
Team Supported: Darlington
I would prefer to play the game at Spennymoor, even though I live near Darlo!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm
Posts: 92
Team Supported: Darlington
Wonder if spenny considered the arena? Much closer than harrogate for there fans and would have thought MP would welcome a bit of extra income.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 1068
Team Supported: Darlington
Now their game v North Ferriby is off! Could have been a nice easy 3 points instead they are having to find yet another slot to fit this in :o


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3419
Team Supported: Darlington
jjljks wrote:
Now their game v North Ferriby is off! Could have been a nice easy 3 points instead they are having to find yet another slot to fit this in :o


'The Vibe' !

I was sympathetic to their problems until it was pointed out to me that perhaps they should have spent a little more money on upgrading their pitch - and a little less money on upgrading their team.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1233
Team Supported: Darlington
There literally must be nowhere for the rain to go. With more rain tomorrow in the North East, there must be doubts about Tuesday at least, if not our game. Even if it doesn't rain, it'll need vertical-draining and lots of water pumped off, or they need to borrow a super-sopper from Chester-le-street.
Never known rain like this though. Yorkshire's CC1 match is still off despite there being no rain for a few days. It is literally standing water in places with nowhere for the rain to go.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:46 pm
Posts: 633
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)
Vodka_Vic wrote:
There literally must be nowhere for the rain to go. With more rain tomorrow in the North East, there must be doubts about Tuesday at least, if not our game. Even if it doesn't rain, it'll need vertical-draining and lots of water pumped off, or they need to borrow a super-sopper from Chester-le-street.
Never known rain like this though. Yorkshire's CC1 match is still off despite there being no rain for a few days. It is literally standing water in places with nowhere for the rain to go.


So as things stand Thursday is on? And as things stand it's at Spenny, not Harrogate or anywhere else?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:09 pm
Posts: 254
Team Supported: Darlington
Spennymoor's game against Kidderminster scheduled for tomorrow night has now been moved to Harrogate Towns ground.

Decent chance we will be playing our game against them on Thursday there as well.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2229
Team Supported: Darlington
Spennymoor say they will reinspect the pitch to see if the swamp can host thursdays match.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 491
Team Supported: Darlington
Zero rain between now and Thursday night with loads of sun.Surely it’s going to dry out by then.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 10:43 am
Posts: 106
Team Supported: Darlington
Out of interest, what happens when a team plays a 'home' game on another ground? In this instance, do Spenny pay Harrogate a fixed fee and then take the gate receipts, do they share in agreed percentages, or what? Whatever way, I guess there is an income loss to Spenny - including fewer of their own fans attending.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5718
Team Supported: Darlington
Emdubya wrote:
Zero rain between now and Thursday night with loads of sun.Surely it’s going to dry out by then.


If the amount of water has soaked a few feet under the surface then it will take more than a few days for it to dry out


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:46 pm
Posts: 633
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)
Gow9900 wrote:
Spennymoor's game against Kidderminster scheduled for tomorrow night has now been moved to Harrogate Towns ground.

Decent chance we will be playing our game against them on Thursday there as well.


Why not play it at BM... save both teams travelling miles to Harrogate... even if it's at Spenny we'll have more fans than them anyway so what's it matter...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Posts: 1108
Team Supported: Darlington
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Gow9900 wrote:
Spennymoor's game against Kidderminster scheduled for tomorrow night has now been moved to Harrogate Towns ground.

Decent chance we will be playing our game against them on Thursday there as well.


Why not play it at BM... save both teams travelling miles to Harrogate... even if it's at Spenny we'll have more fans than them anyway so what's it matter...


Not allowed to have two home games as that would be deemed an unfair advantage.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10968
Team Supported: Darlington
Nooooooooooooo I don't want to play this game at Harrogate. Game has to be played at the Brewery Field.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5718
Team Supported: Darlington
Beano wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Gow9900 wrote:
Spennymoor's game against Kidderminster scheduled for tomorrow night has now been moved to Harrogate Towns ground.

Decent chance we will be playing our game against them on Thursday there as well.


Why not play it at BM... save both teams travelling miles to Harrogate... even if it's at Spenny we'll have more fans than them anyway so what's it matter...


Not allowed to have two home games as that would be deemed an unfair advantage.


Lancaster v Shaw Lane in the Evostik on Saturday was actually classed as Shaw Lanes home game as their pitch wasn't playable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor game off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2344
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
Beano wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Gow9900 wrote:
Spennymoor's game against Kidderminster scheduled for tomorrow night has now been moved to Harrogate Towns ground.

Decent chance we will be playing our game against them on Thursday there as well.


Why not play it at BM... save both teams travelling miles to Harrogate... even if it's at Spenny we'll have more fans than them anyway so what's it matter...


Not allowed to have two home games as that would be deemed an unfair advantage.


Lancaster v Shaw Lane in the Evostik on Saturday was actually classed as Shaw Lanes home game as their pitch wasn't playable.

Same as Lancaster last week they had to play the away game at home..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], JE93 and 43 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group