Flood Alert issued for the Skerne

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Flood Alert issued for the Skerne

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:25 am

Anyone know if Blackwell Meadows is under water?

Darlo_Pete

Re: Flood Alert issued for the Skerne

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:17 am

It's just a flood alert, which should be lifted at lunchtime unless we get anymore heavy rain. The problem for BM is that although it's far enough from the river not to get flooded, when the river is high there is nowhere for the drains to shift the rainwater.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:28 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:It's just a flood alert, which should be lifted at lunchtime unless we get anymore heavy rain. The problem for BM is that although it's far enough from the river not to get flooded, when the river is high there is nowhere for the drains to shift the rainwater.
BM is also fortunate to be immediately downstream of a weir, which reduces the potential for the Skerne to flood at this point. Mike Wilkinson mentioned at a public meeting in the early days of the planned ground share that flooding from the Skerne was generally not an issue for BM.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:43 am

What about the houses where Feethams used to be? They need some worms airlifting in?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:51 am

Magical Quakers wrote:What about the houses where Feethams used to be? They need some worms airlifting in?
I'd only think the houses on our former pitch at feethams would only be affected if there was a flood warning or severe flood warning. The builders may also of done some flood protection work, which I am not aware of.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:14 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Magical Quakers wrote:What about the houses where Feethams used to be? They need some worms airlifting in?
I'd only think the houses on our former pitch at feethams would only be affected if there was a flood warning or severe flood warning. The builders may also of done some flood protection work, which I am not aware of.
Thank you to our Weather and Flood correspondent Darlo Pete for the updates...Image

dfclincolnshire

Post by dfclincolnshire » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:

Are you aware of anything ? Sources tell me you speak 3 languages, English, Irish and bloody rubbish !