York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York City

Post by AndyPark » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:57 pm

How much did Darlo pay out in fees?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:13 pm

Doesn’t really say.

Aldershot spent £112 on agents fees and I can only assume we were below them otherwise our omission from the short list seems odd.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:38 am

James Caton, Greg Mills and Luke Trotman are the only players listed on there for Darlo.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:07 pm

This paragraph is taken from the Yorkpress web page - there is a lot more info on there too.

"YORK City’s financial management consultant Peter Rookes believes the club’s new board face a “mammoth task” if they remain in control of affairs at Bootham Crescent next season.

Rookes is predicting a “challenging” campaign after the club’s accounts revealed an operating loss of £500,000 for 2016/17.

If an interested party is not found to buy JM Packaging’s 75 per cent majority shareholding in the Minstermen before the April 30 deadline, then City directors Steve Kilmartin, Ian McAndrew, Dave Penney and Richard Adams will be tasked with overseeing a break-even budget for the 2018/19 season."

The words "break-even budget" will send a chill down the spine of certain individuals, as they are way over budget now!

And things aren't going too well on the pitch either - in 7th place and getting booed yesterday by their own fans - and if Chorley or Blyth get themselves going, things could get even worse.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Glad to see the Ferret Faced F**k going through some tough times.

Long may they continue

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Discussions have taken place with hartlepools new owner and an unnamed manager in waiting, goodbye York, if it is to be believed. Time will tell I suppose.

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Wouldn’t Pools be after a more high profile boss than Gray - his record this season doesn’t stand up well. I think a Ronnie Moore or Lee Clark to be more likely

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:59 pm

IT will be Ronnie Moore unbelievable Jeff said he would pay for his wages himself..

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:15 pm

They'd be better off looking for some upcoming manager, who has already got a good record in non-league football. Gray doesn't qualify under either category!!

divas

Post by divas » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:17 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:They'd be better off looking for some upcoming manager, who has already got a good record in non-league football. Gray doesn't qualify under either category!!
I’m sure Gray would consider himself so

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:20 pm

divas wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:They'd be better off looking for some upcoming manager, who has already got a good record in non-league football. Gray doesn't qualify under either category!!
What he achieved at Darlo was fantastic, but it has now been tarnished by what he's done at York.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:24 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
divas wrote:
What he achieved at Darlo was fantastic, but it has now been tarnished by what he's done at York.
Not sure I follow your reasoning Pete. An actor makes a brilliant film. His/her next film stinks. That doesn't make the first film any less brilliant.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:26 pm

biccynana wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
divas wrote:
Not sure I follow your reasoning Pete. An actor makes a brilliant film. His/her next film stinks. That doesn't make the first film any less brilliant.
Darlo_Pete < Logic.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:37 pm

biccynana wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
divas wrote:
You're only as good as your last job. People can see that he can't handle a budget properly and his recent record at York should mean any prospective employers would steer clear of Gray.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
divas wrote:
You're only as good as your last job.
That's as maybe, but it's not the same as saying someone's (brilliant) previous work is tarnished by their most recent (poor) work.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Doddsy wrote:Glad to see the Ferret Faced F**k going through some tough times.

Long may they continue

A scandalous slur on Ferrets.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:40 am

The York fans seem to be desperately hoping and praying that Singh comes in for Gray... and takes his backroom staff and most of his signings with him to Hartlepool.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:17 am

LoidLucan wrote:The York fans seem to be desperately hoping and praying that Singh comes in for Gray... and takes his backroom staff and most of his signings with him to Hartlepool.
Seems from what the York fans are saying, that Gray has wasted a significant chunk of his budget on players no better than what he had available when he joined.No doubt he has put them on 2 year contracts and if the new board decide to cut his budget for next season to make them more "sustainable" then they are in big trouble looking at the size of Gray's squad.Looking at where we are now, I would settle for us over York any day of the week.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:23 am

How long is Gray's contract?

Having thought about it I can't see Singh/Artlepool coming in for Gray - I expect Singh used Gray as an 'in' with us and beyond that has no real afinity with him. He's a Boro supporter and seems far more interested in Hignett.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

magic1

Post by magic1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:55 am

Spyman wrote:How long is Gray's contract?

Having thought about it I can't see Singh/Artlepool coming in for Gray - I expect Singh used Gray as an 'in' with us and beyond that has no real afinity with him. He's a Boro supporter and seems far more interested in Hignett.

I'm told that Hignett is still being paid by Pools and that is part of the reason for giving him a job, although it appears Raj enjoys snuggling up to him also so who knows

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 am

Good point and talking of football chairmen, I've been thinking too - McGill might have blown a lot of sunshine up M.G's rear end to get him on board at York- he might of said things that weren't 100% correct, like -----

'I'm in for the long haul'
'the budget will always be good'
'I have zero intention of putting the club up for sale'
'stick with me and I'll make yours and my dreams come true'

And now M.G might feel a little peeved. :silent:
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:24 am

It could well be 5 years but that means nothing to Gray who could easily resign and then pop up somewhere else like he did when he left us.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:18 pm

OK so unless a miracle happens York City will be insolvent on 30th April.
I have worked for a company before that I knew was on the verge of going bust - and it is literally dog eat dog. As an employee you have to look after yourself - so I would imagine the York players will be thinking of there own careers, there next moves etc. As much as Gray will be telling them to not think of "off the pitch" scenarios -its human nature to do that.
Gray might be able to use it to motivated the squad, but if they were to drop out of the playoffs the wheels might start to come off.
I think Gray and his merry men will all be gone in the summer but thats football, grass isn't always greener on the other side.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:31 pm

Singh mentioned keeping a tight ship at pools. Wont achieve that with gray and his army of staff he keeps

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Oh dear Martin,another defeat.Its all going a bit Pete Tong.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Not too late for the transfer window says MG. Just need to hire a fung shui expert for the backroom staff to be complete, an automated blame caster and a Chairman with millions to spare.
The fickle finger of fate has just flicked another bogey at MG. I will have a pint of that cold German stuff, schadenfreude. Mmmmmmm delicious!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Over the last ten games played, York are now 13th in the league form table. They have reaped 12 points out of the last 10 games - that's only 4 more points than the woeful North Ferriby UTD.

It's almost as if Martin Gray's doesn't know what he's doing!

:shock:
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Gray seems to have gone to York at the wrong time, I wonder what budget he had available to spend on signings. He didn't use it wisely anyhow.

His few signings have been largely poor and without Parkin they have no real threat at all, you could say he has been unlucky in one sense. Parking injured, poor squad, McGill wanting to guarantee he can get his money back causing the share issue. Add the fact that Mr Gray doesn't seem to have enough in this league to be able to sign decent players as he doesn't have the tools/resources.

Personally be happy to play York again next year as it gives us a decent home and away fixture, hope they sort the issues out off the pitch and if they can they could turn this round...just maybe without MG.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:16 pm

His total record at York W11 D5 L10 (League), W12 D5 L11(All comps)

You have to say that with a full time squad playing week in week out against part-timers, and with all of the financial backing that he needed, that's very poor.

Gary Mills was sacked after starting the season with W5 D4 L3 (League)

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:16 pm

His stock is rapidly nose diving, it won't be long before he jumps ship rather than have a sacking on his CV.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"