Spennymoor Thursday

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Thursday

Post by Spyman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Finishing 9th as an example compared to finishing 14th or 15th and we gave some game time to a couple of fringe players who most have already assessed as not good enough?

I know what I'd choose.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:52 pm

I think the time to rest or rotate players is on Saturday, tonight's game is too important.

jonn

Post by jonn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Are we allocated only part of the ground tonight? Any seats or will it be standing only?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:18 pm

I believe we're allocated the open end behind the goal and as you're looking down the ground the left hand side or in other words the side opposite the main stand. Neither side or end contains any seats, so it may well be standing only.

jonn

Post by jonn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Thanks

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I think the time to rest or rotate players is on Saturday, tonight's game is too important.
Yes, there's more points available for winning tonight's game, isn't there :crazy:
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Spyman wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I think the time to rest or rotate players is on Saturday, tonight's game is too important.
Yes, there's more points available for winning tonight's game, isn't there :crazy:
It's more important because it's a local derby and a lot of Darlo fans will pay good money to go up and watch the game. We've not played since last Saturday, so our players should not be tired. We need to play our strongest team and then if necessary, rest a few on Saturday.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:04 pm

Spennymoor isn't a derby. Nor are they rivals.

The only people who perpetuate this myth are Spennymoor fans. Our "rivalry" means more to them than us.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Spyman wrote:
It's more important because it's a local derby and a lot of Darlo fans will pay good money to go up and watch the game. We've not played since last Saturday, so our players should not be tired. We need to play our strongest team and then if necessary, rest a few on Saturday.
Darlo fans paying good money to Spennymoor.

What about the Darlo fans paying good money to attend a home game on Saturday?

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Tonight has the potential to be a much tougher game than Saturday's. So you would want your strongest team to play against the strongest opposition. Hopefully Saturday against lesser opposition it would be the obvious choice to play some fringe or younger players. Tonight there should be a cracking atmosphere, not a game for the faint hearted.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Spennymoor isn't a derby. Nor are they rivals.

The only people who perpetuate this myth are Spennymoor fans. Our "rivalry" means more to them than us.
Indeed. A local game does not a derby make

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Spennymoor isn't a derby. Nor are they rivals.

This!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Saturday against lesser opposition
Pete, seriously, if this season has shown anything it's that there is no such thing in this division.

jonn

Post by jonn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Commentary tonight?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:45 am

Darlo_Pete wrote: Hopefully Saturday against lesser opposition it would be the obvious choice to play some fringe or younger players.
No it's an obvious choice to play the strongest team possible on Saturday, and again on Wednesday.

The last thing we want is to field a bunch of kids in our last two matches and end up losing and slipping down the table.

We need to put on good shows and finish as high as possible, to encourage fans to be excited about next season.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:06 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote: Hopefully Saturday against lesser opposition it would be the obvious choice to play some fringe or younger players.
No it's an obvious choice to play the strongest team possible on Saturday, and again on Wednesday.

The last thing we want is to field a bunch of kids in our last two matches and end up losing and slipping down the table.

We need to put on good shows and finish as high as possible, to encourage fans to be excited about next season.
I agree with you, but some people on here were clamouring for us to play some fringe players. I was just trying to say that last night was not the time or place to try them out and if we had to do that Saturday was a better option than last night.