Tonight’s Games

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

jjljks
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tonight’s Games

Post by jjljks » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:11 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Spenny will still make the playoffs, they will beat Ferriby and Southport.
In theory Spennymoor do have the best chance but not if the Ferriby keeper puts on another great display and Joe Tait his usual :lol:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Nuneaton's game has now been switched to tomorrow night at Alfreton's ground, 55 miles away.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:25 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Nuneaton's game has now been switched to tomorrow night at Alfreton's ground, 55 miles away.
Get Ashley Chambers up here in the summer.

Imagine the partnership between him and Styche...

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:36 pm

We might get him if they can't pay the players' wages and can't meet the leccy bill.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:58 pm

AndyPark wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:Nuneaton's game has now been switched to tomorrow night at Alfreton's ground, 55 miles away.
Get Ashley Chambers up here in the summer.

Imagine the partnership between him and Styche...
I heard he didn't want the extra travel time and wanted to stay in the Midlands. Would be a terrific signing though - really impressed me on Saturday.

A month or so ago it looked like Bradford were the bottlers. What a turnaround.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:04 pm

Spyman wrote:A month or so ago it looked like Bradford were the bottlers. What a turnaround.

Won 4 on the bounce haven't they? Great form heading into this part of the season :thumbup:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:15 am

AndyPark wrote:
Spyman wrote:A month or so ago it looked like Bradford were the bottlers. What a turnaround.

Won 4 on the bounce haven't they? Great form heading into this part of the season :thumbup:
Good point which made me look at other clubs' current form. Surprised to see North Ferriby ahead of York City then Spennymoor & bottom - Southport! (We made it to mid table)

Top 4 are Kidderminster, Salford, Telford and Bradford in that order. Kiddy looking good for promotion via playoffs if they can keep this going.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:56 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Spenny will still make the playoffs, they will beat Ferriby and Southport.
How can you say that, when Spennymoor are in free fall?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:46 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Well Ferriby and Southport are hardly pulling up trees in the results business. I just think Spenny will win Thursday and do the business Saturday and I will be surprised if they don't.

Spenny are a decent team but this league is a relentless beast, you drop off 10% and you get beat. The end is in sight for them, all they need is to put it all on the line on Thu night get that 7th position and hold it on Sat.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:51 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Well Ferriby and Southport are hardly pulling up trees in the results business. I just think Spenny will win Thursday and do the business Saturday and I will be surprised if they don't.

Spenny are a decent team but this league is a relentless beast, you drop off 10% and you get beat. The end is in sight for them, all they need is to put it all on the line on Thu night get that 7th position and hold it on Sat.
But North Ferriby have been playing better recently, apart from when they played us. This could be one of there last 2 games in existence, so they will probably be going all out to get some sort of result. Spennymoor's form has been horrendous recently, with loads of games, there is no reason why their form will turn around almost overnight.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:54 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:

North Ferriby and Spennymoor have both gained 8 points from their last 10 games

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:57 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

But North Ferriby have been playing better recently, apart from when they played us. This could be one of there last 2 games in existence, so they will probably be going all out to get some sort of result. Spennymoor's form has been horrendous recently, with loads of games, there is no reason why their form will turn around almost overnight.
Ferriby have lost the last 4 in a row, in the 5 game form table they are 4th bottom (Spenny 2nd bottom), 10 game form table they are 3rd bottom (Spenny 4th bottom).

So when you say Ferriby are playing better I presume you mean before they lost 4 in a row and better is 3 points from 15 rather than 0?

Spenny at home with everything to play for, I would be backing Spenny to turn it around with a win.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:09 am

I think they'll get back on track against N Ferriby. But in terms of their recent form and number of games played, making progress in the play-offs will be a big ask.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:18 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

Ferriby have lost the last 4 in a row, in the 5 game form table they are 4th bottom (Spenny 2nd bottom), 10 game form table they are 3rd bottom (Spenny 4th bottom).

So when you say Ferriby are playing better I presume you mean before they lost 4 in a row and better is 3 points from 15 rather than 0?

Spenny at home with everything to play for, I would be backing Spenny to turn it around with a win.
Well one of us will be wrong and one will be right. :D

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:23 am

Tait will get sent off on Thursday the way his luck is going!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:23 am

Spenny 1 North Ferriby 0 HT
Then they blew it and Ferriby equalised to finish 1-1
Just remind me who is surprised.......... :o

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:03 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

Well one of us will be wrong and one will be right. :D
Well done Pete, I just thought Spenny would have enough to beat Ferriby. They were very close to making it in the playoffs but not close enough.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:15 pm

It's rare for me to be right, but it happens once in a blue moon, oh hang on perhaps I shouldn't mention moon on here. :D