Coming soon - Boost the budget

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Dodger
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coming soon - Boost the budget

Post by Darlo Dodger » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:28 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:If you do Internet banking you can also set up a one off standing order or bill payment and the account details are sort code 308443 account number 30283268 reference name&BTB cash&cheques can be accepted at Dolphin Centre
Cheers.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:32 am

divas wrote:
Allan Quatermain wrote:You know what is great to see? The number of smaller pledges going into this fundraiser at the minute. Not everybody is able to contribute at the same level as others but seeing the smaller amounts shows the breadth of interest across the whole of the fanbase in supporting the cause despite differing availability of surplus cash.

Nearly £65k now.

Well done to every single contributor!
Spot on! Almost 100 more people have taken part this year which is great to see and provides a good barometer of the understanding and enthusiasm for a fan owned club.

If we could get another 25/30 people joining and hit the 300 mark we’d not be too far off £70K which would be a fantastic achievement. Provided TW can do some wheeling and dealing to move a few of the out of favour players out I’ve no doubt he can build a stronger team for next season despite a slightly reduced budget
286 investors at present only 14 to go to reach another landmark

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:06 pm

Currently at £66,556 from 289 investors.

So 11 more will hit the landmark 300 and 15 more will hit £70k at current run rate.

Anyone left who hasn't joined yet but is going to?

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:09 pm

Darlo Dodger wrote:I have repeated my (modest) monthly pledge that I started last season. I do not think it is possible to add any additional one off payment without cancelling the current pledge (which I do not want to do).
I would however be happy to put a bit more cash in for a final push before the deadline so I am wondering if the club or DFSG board members would be willing to accept cash which could be collected just before or at the final game at Stockport?
If there are any more like me who are willing to put a bit more in over and above the monthly payment it could get us significantly closer to the target.
Good news.

Michael Price has upgraded the fundraising platform today so you can make multiple pledges to the same pitch from one account now.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:30 pm

300 up :clap:

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:41 pm

£69,197 from 303 investors.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fantastic amount raised and hopefully we can keep this momentum going over the next 24 hours. Regardless of a couple of previous results I do believe that we are developing an exciting side, and with an extra push that'll give TW & AW a bit more flexibility will only enhance this.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:56 am

Past the 70k mark now

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:48 am

Darlo2807 wrote:Past the 70k mark now
My god what an effort by Darlo fans,great feel about our club right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:13 am

Lol I know we shouldn't compare etc but I bet MG is saying to himself "they didn't do that for me" no Martin, we didn't, cos you're a c***

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:16 am

£71,037....88% of the way there!

One last big push today. Can we get to £75k? £80k? I will be increasing my pledge this evening when I get in from Stockport. What a brilliant effort by all.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:26 am

shawry wrote:Lol I know we shouldn't compare etc but I bet MG is saying to himself "they didn't do that for me" no Martin, we didn't, cos you're a c***

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Quite right, and his ourburst at the forum certainly stopped me and a lot of others from contributing to his BTB.
If "Boost the Budget" is going to be an annual fundraising, then I am in for the long haul now, after all we are owners of DFC.
Despite an eventful season on the pitch, off field the club has made significant progress with a lot to look forward to next season.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:44 am

Darlofan97 wrote:£71,037....88% of the way there!

One last big push today. Can we get to £75k? £80k? I will be increasing my pledge this evening when I get in from Stockport. What a brilliant effort by all.
Same - will be increasing mine when I get in later.

Something else I love about the way this funding has been pitched is that compared to previous seasons when we've been told 'Gray is just working within the budget he's been set', none of us really had much say in what that budget was.

This season we've basically been told 'this is the base budget the club can afford, but its is up to you fans how much higher that budget goes, and this is what we think we can achieve if you raise x amount'.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:17 am

banktopp wrote: If "Boost the Budget" is going to be an annual fundraising, then I am in for the long haul now, after all we are owners of DFC.
Me too mate.

Sometimes it's difficult to accept that a club like Spendy can outpay us for players because they have a generous benefactor, and one who seems very unlikely to s*** on them. And then when the ground needs doing up, the ground improvement fairies come out.

But at the same time, we don't want a benefactor because we are never lucky enough to get a good one.

So "we" as a group become "the" benefactor, and that's a good feeling.

Jeez, 80k, we're gonna do it - and that's a huge extra chunk on top of the basic budget.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:19 am

Spyman wrote:

Something else I love about the way this funding has been pitched is that compared to previous seasons when we've been told 'Gray is just working within the budget he's been set', none of us really had much say in what that budget was.

This season we've basically been told 'this is the base budget the club can afford, but its is up to you fans how much higher that budget goes, and this is what we think we can achieve if you raise x amount'.
Agreed :clap:

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:30 am

£71,245 from 311 investors - incredible!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:36 am

Have worked out some basic maths regarding the budgeting and what was said. 40,000 raised said it equated to a 25% reduction in the budget. So each grand raised less than the 80,000 amounts to a 0.625% reduction in the budget. So even if we stopped now, with 72k that's only a 5% reduction from last year. Each grand raised towards the 80k takes 0.625 off this, so every bit counts.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:47 am

£72,320 with what seems a late surge as many thought would happen.

I personally thought we would be hitting 50k, maybe 55k max this has surpassed my expectations.

I guess this puts the ball in Tommy's court now, we can see what he can do with a decent budget, a pre season and more of his own players.

Just what we needed after last season, a nice calm summer to look forward to.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:54 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:Have worked out some basic maths regarding the budgeting and what was said. 40,000 raised said it equated to a 25% reduction in the budget. So each grand raised less than the 80,000 amounts to a 0.625% reduction in the budget. So even if we stopped now, with 72k that's only a 5% reduction from last year. Each grand raised towards the 80k takes 0.625 off this, so every bit counts.
By my maths, even if we raise the whole 80k, it's still a reduction on the current budget. I reckon the basic budget is approximately 170k and the 80k extra budget makes around 250k.

The 80k has been sold as "enough to mount a play off challenge" not "equal to/more than the current budget".

We started off the season with a 334k playing budget which has been reduced to 284k during the season, these figures were given out at one of the forums.

So if we use 284k as a mathematical starting point, a 40% reduction on that gives you 170.4k

Add 40k and that makes it 210.4k. This is very close to a 25% reduction on the current budget (a 25% reduction on 284k is 213k, and it was suggested that 40k would mean "around" a 25% reduction not exactly a 25% reduction).

So if we add 80k to the base budget, we would have a budget of 250.4k.

In reality, this is a part time league and although there are always going to be a few heavily backed and/or full time clubs, really 250k should be enough to be there or thereabouts.

It has been said that Gray's playing budget last season was 250k and he achieved 5th place with that.

The biggest problem is that fact that we increased that to 334k for this season and he gave some average players bloody good 2 year contracts. We could be lumbered with them next season making it very difficult to make many changes - because they could be sat there eating up a good chunk of what is still going to be a reduced budget.

I just can't see how we are going to be able to move on the likes of Caton, Marrs, Burgess without paying up some or all of their next seasons contracts.

For me, it's not going to be until next close season where Tommy can wheel and deal fully, and finally call it his own squad.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:22 pm

I got that strap line from the Boost the Budget page, where it said that 80,000 was a 50% reduction on this season's budget, so what is that a 50% reduction on exactly? Is that the 284?. I guess though that we can take off that how much less TW and AW wages are on the entourage. Let's say that's 20k, then that would reduce expenditure to 264, so any real reduction is on that theoretical 264 (unless anyone knows how much that is). So if we do hit the 80k, that would be a 14k reduction in real terms.
Last edited by Vodka_Vic on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:24 pm

I think a fair expectation for next year is a good crack at the playoffs. Even with that budget, it will be one of the top ones in the division. :thumbup:

I'm confident we can do it. A partner for Reece should be the priority for the off season, along with a goalkeeper.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:39 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:I got that strap line from the Boost the Budget page, where it said that 80,000 was a 50% reduction on this season's budget, so what is that a 50% reduction on exactly? Is that the 284?. I guess though that we can take off that how much less TW and AW wages are on the entourage. Let's say that's 20k, then that would reduce expenditure to 264, so any real reduction is on that theoretical 264 (unless anyone knows how much that is). So if we do hit the 80k, that would be a 14k reduction in real terms.
It didn't say that the 80k was a 50% reduction in budget, where are you getting that from?

It said that 0k was around a 40% reduction, that 40k was around a 25% reduction, and that 80k was...? enough to mount a play off challenge.

When I'm talking about 334k and the current 284k - as far as I'm aware that would just be the playing budget, not also including the staff budget - so TW+AWs wages would be irrelevant.

Gray had 334k this season, if that is just playing budget, by the time you add his entourage on (which cost 72k in the Evostik League) then the total budget would be over 400k. I heard from a reliable source that when AA was interviewed for the Darlo job he was told we had a 400k budget in comparison to Blyth's budget of 200k, so that all seems to match up. Interestingly, Gateshead's full time budget is supposedly 609k, AA was apparently told that when he went for an interview there.

There is no doubt though that our staff costs are now less, as well as the playing budget

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:56 pm

In the preamble on the Boost the Budget page it says that 40k on Boost the Budget means a 25% reduction. The Supporters Group are stating that. I'm just doubling up on the maths and saying 80k means 50%.
Anyway, I didn't realise that the 334 was just the playing budget. If so, that really was wasted. With that sort of budget we should have been up in the play-offs all season. The money really was wasted on those 2 year contracts. All in then if we raise the 80k then playing and management budget is probably around 300k which is a 25% reduction on 400k. Does that seem about right?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Seems a good guesstimate to me.

Budget should be 250k ish for players, and TW + AW are unlikely to be costing as much as Gray and all his blue coated hangers on.

I'd say 300k in total is a good shout. Of which 80k the fans will have contributed if we hit target. (leaving the club to fund 220k)

If you think at the start of this season it was quite possibly over 400k total budget, of which the fans contributed 40k (leaving the club to fund over 360k) you can see why we very nearly ended up back in the shite once again.

We should be much more sustainable next year and the good thing is TW seems happy to work within that framework, where as ratty was always wanting more.

BUT, even with that budget and the fans huge contribution, it won't have been worked out on average gates of 1,000. A final gate of 1,090 was very, VERY worrying to me.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Money is piling in now, £73,555 from 329 investors.

I make it over £7,000 raised in under 24 hours

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Quakerz wrote:Money is piling in now, £73,555 from 329 investors.

I make it over £7,000 raised in under 24 hours
Over £74k now!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:42 pm

£74.3k......340 investors.....92%!

Can we hit £75k by the end of the evening?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Spyman wrote:

Agreed - wouldn't mind this becoming a regular fundraising platform each season.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:32 am

75k up

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:15 am

£75.5k....just £4.5k to go.

What is the deadline on this? Is it midnight tonight?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:31 am

Darlofan97 wrote:£75.5k....just £4.5k to go.

What is the deadline on this? Is it midnight tonight?
End of Monday I believe