Transfer targets for next season.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Transfer targets for next season.

Post by divas » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:A few rumours going around that Gray has been interviewed for the Poolies job.No doubt he will raid the Boro for loan players that may have interested us.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
You’re joking aren’t you? The same bloke who wasn’t interested in taking young loanees here because they weren’t ready for mans football?

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Apparently Lewis Exall had a great game in goal against Spennymoor last night, TW and AW had a lengthy conversation with him after the game against North Ferriby. Could be a potential goalkeeper replacement if the Pears deal is turned down.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Sounds like Bradford PA will be having cuts next season - could be some players up for grabs!

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:Apparently Lewis Exall had a great game in goal against Spennymoor last night, TW and AW had a lengthy conversation with him after the game against North Ferriby. Could be a potential goalkeeper replacement if the Pears deal is turned down.
Wasn't that Ross Durrant they spoke to?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:43 am

al_quaker wrote:Sounds like Bradford PA will be having cuts next season - could be some players up for grabs!
Adam Boyes please.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:06 am

Quakerz wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Sounds like Bradford PA will be having cuts next season - could be some players up for grabs!
Adam Boyes please.
What a signing that would be

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:14 am

From Cleveland

ReeceStyche’sManbun

Post by ReeceStyche’sManbun » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Now with the season over I would like to think we will bring in a striker, a goalkeeper and another winger. Also if Tommy fancies getting someone who can play in the attacking mid role like Syers then that would be mint as well

Strikers- Would love Adam Boyes or Dayle Southwell, proven at this level and probably the level above as wel, wouldn’t mind TW looked in the Evo Leagues as there are some decent little players in there like Shaw from Grantham.

Keeper- Pears Or Talbot please

Winger- Ashley Hemmings- Scored 16 goals this season for Boston, people say he’s out of contract so we would be daft if we didn’t at least ask about him, also he’s left footed which I don’t think have many of in an attacking sense.

Attacking Mid- I’ll admit I’m being greedy here but with the top effort that the best fans of non league have put into the Boost the Budget then why not get another player (only if we shift some players). For me would like to see Hopson have a fair crack under a manager who actually wants to develop players, or Jordan Nicholson at Brackley, Played under Tommy at Nuneaton and has a relatively decent goal scoring record.

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:33 pm

It'll be interesting to see what the outcome is from the V9 Academy which is set to take place early June. Wheatley in particular I think has a very good chance of being snapped up.

I think what's really important is that we have Galbraith and Glover sign new deals in the coming weeks, and then it'll be up to TW to make the decisions on existing players.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:42 pm

I think decisions have already been made on Scott and Mills judging by the fact that they didn’t make the 16 today even though 5 players from Wednesday were injured as well as Hunter and Collins.

It will be a shame to see Scott end his Darlo career, although I think Gray gave him a 2 year contract last summer? The guy is one of the few original players left and has given us 6 years. As for Mills he just hasn’t done anything to justify playing for Darlo, and Tommy had a huge amount of faith in him.

Obviously Burgess and Mars won’t play for us again, but the big question here is whether we get any takers with them being contracted.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Pretty sure Scott is out of contract this summer, signed a new two-year deal in the summer of 2016. Out of contract with Galbraith, Portas & Milburn.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Quakerz wrote:I think decisions have already been made on Scott and Mills judging by the fact that they didn’t make the 16 today even though 5 players from Wednesday were injured as well as Hunter and Collins.

It will be a shame to see Scott end his Darlo career, although I think Gray gave him a 2 year contract last summer? The guy is one of the few original players left and has given us 6 years. As for Mills he just hasn’t done anything to justify playing for Darlo, and Tommy had a huge amount of faith in him.

Obviously Burgess and Mars won’t play for us again, but the big question here is whether we get any takers with them being contracted.
Apparently Whitby want to make Burgess’ loan deal permanent so hopefully there will be some kind of deal where we get a fee or he will rip up his contract in order to play regular football.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:56 pm

Quakerz wrote:I think decisions have already been made on Scott and Mills judging by the fact that they didn’t make the 16 today even though 5 players from Wednesday were injured as well as Hunter and Collins.

Leon's contract is up. If he does leave then that's the final player form the start of the NL season gone, other than Brown but he left and re-joined.

We will have a smaller squad and as you say the fact he has not even been in the squad really suggests it will be some kind of miracle if Leon stays.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:58 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:

Apparently Whitby want to make Burgess’ loan deal permanent so hopefully there will be some kind of deal where we get a fee or he will rip up his contract in order to play regular football.
Think the latter is more likely. I don't think we'd want a fee as we just want to get shot.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:09 pm

It’s a shame Shields have Baxter (who always follows the money) we could have tried to move Marrs on.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:11 pm

I wouldn't have thought we'd be short on takers for marrs. You never know, Gray coukd take him to York, he seemed to like him.

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:13 pm

Marrs has good pedigree and you'd like to think that there would be interest higher than the Northern League. Didn't he win POTS at Boston and then we'd signed him that summer?

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:21 pm

Shane Byrne midfielder who has just cleaned up at the awards night for Brackley. Played under TW at Corby & Nuneaton after coming through the youth system at Leicester. I’d imagine he’d be right st the top of TW’s shopping list should Brackley not be promoted.

Henshall and Daniels at Nuneaton may also be of interest depending what happens with the ownership situation there. Henshall was very well thought of when young playing numerous times for England schoolboys.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:22 pm

Quakers83 wrote:Marrs has good pedigree and you'd like to think that there would be interest higher than the Northern League. Didn't he win POTS at Boston and then we'd signed him that summer?
Location is the issue for Marrs I believe, he wants to stay local which obviously limits the options.

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:30 pm

divas wrote:
Quakers83 wrote:Marrs has good pedigree and you'd like to think that there would be interest higher than the Northern League. Didn't he win POTS at Boston and then we'd signed him that summer?
Location is the issue for Marrs I believe, he wants to stay local which obviously limits the options.
I read he was based around Cramlington - if true then an obvious club would be Blyth, but I agree that it would limit down the options.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:07 pm

What do people make of James Caton's cryptic tweet "Looking forward to my break in Dubai and then working towards what I know will be exciting times for myself with many opportunities"?
Seems like he's on his way. He finally got himself straight for the Leamington game, turned that around and played a blinder v Blyth too, but got injured at just the wrong time for himself. Just shows how important it is to take your chance when it does come the first time. If he does go, he did at least play a key part in our revival, albeit fleetingly. I also think that his revival in form prompted Gillies to up his game too.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:What do people make of James Caton's cryptic tweet "Looking forward to my break in Dubai and then working towards what I know will be exciting times for myself with many opportunities"?
Seems like he's on his way. He finally got himself straight for the Leamington game, turned that around and played a blinder v Blyth too, but got injured at just the wrong time for himself. Just shows how important it is to take your chance when it does come the first time. If he does go, he did at least play a key part in our revival, albeit fleetingly. I also think that his revival in form prompted Gillies to up his game too.
He is doing a university course I believe but still contracted, I don't think it will ever work for him here but considering what he will be getting then he may not want to walk away.

The lad has some talent just not sure he has the application, wants to float around and wants the ball just doesn't really do any dirty work and seems to give up too easily.

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:58 pm

Regarding the out-of-contract players I guess we will find out soon as contracts expire on the 5th of May.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing us take up the extra year on Gillies but that would depend on other outgoings.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:25 pm

I think TW is a straight forward sort of a guy, Caton will not be in his plans so he will move him on, my biggest concern is Galbraith at the minute I think we will lose him. I think TW is going to have a busy summer moving players out and bringing players in!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:56 pm

TW meeting with 3 players next week that he has had lined up for 2 months according to the Echo.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:08 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:TW meeting with 3 players next week that he has had lined up for 2 months according to the Echo.
Boyes, Hemmings and a central midfielder please

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:10 pm

How about Tom Elliot at Nuneaton? Fits the criteria.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:15 pm

Quakers83 wrote:How about Tom Elliot at Nuneaton? Fits the criteria.
3 goals this season, no thanks

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Darlo2807 wrote:
From a highly-rated centre midfielder?

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:17 pm

Quakers83 wrote:
Darlo2807 wrote:
From a highly-rated centre midfielder?
My mistake, thought he was a striker.