Scott, Mills, Milburn & Hume Released

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

D_F_C
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott, Mills, Milburn & Hume Released

Post by D_F_C » Tue May 08, 2018 4:51 pm

I’d say that every player we’ve released could play at this level, but because we want to be at the top end of this league, arguably we need slightly better players. Shame about Portas, worried that he could be hard to replace. Thought we might have given him a chance to prove himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue May 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Maybe Tommy has a replacement in mind? Tom Portas was certainly a favourite of mine, but with the Boost the Budget money exceeding expectations (the club budgeted for 60k) then I think we're looking for upgrades. Sad to see him go, but exciting times too.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue May 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Only Burgess & Caton to go now...

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue May 08, 2018 7:47 pm

D_F_C wrote:I’d say that every player we’ve released could play at this level, but because we want to be at the top end of this league, arguably we need slightly better players. Shame about Portas, worried that he could be hard to replace. Thought we might have given him a chance to prove himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lot of these are Gray's signings who have played a huge part in our rise through the league's but Wright obviously feels less of the sentiment we do - and quite right. He's got a job to do and he wants a squad he can call his and be judged on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC