York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

don'tbuythesun
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York City

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri May 04, 2018 9:56 am

It's a bit sad that a thread that's not about our team has over 52,000 views isn't it? I know we were angry about what happened but perhaps we can finish it by sending a few b and q buckets over.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Fri May 04, 2018 11:17 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:It's a bit sad that a thread that's not about our team has over 52,000 views isn't it? I know we were angry about what happened but perhaps we can finish it by sending a few b and q buckets over.
Perhaps we should deliver them in person at our pre-season friendly against York. All turn up with a bucket to rattle at Martin.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Fri May 04, 2018 11:20 am

Ha excellent idea and cheaper than fancy dress !!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:40 am

banktopp wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:It's a bit sad that a thread that's not about our team has over 52,000 views isn't it? I know we were angry about what happened but perhaps we can finish it by sending a few b and q buckets over.
Perhaps we should deliver them in person at our pre-season friendly against York. All turn up with a bucket to rattle at Martin.

That's a fantastic idea - would be bloody funny to see and I am sure any clips of fans rattling buckets at MG would go viral on social media. Getting some good publicity for Darlington

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri May 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Are we actually going ahead with this friendly?.Would much prefer the club to try and get a decent game at BM instead.Can’t for a minute see the gestapo on the turnstiles at York allowing a load of buckets into the ground ,but the league game at home would be a different story.
That’s assuming Marty boy lasts that long.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Fri May 04, 2018 12:44 pm

York would be better off offering us £10k in lieu of the friendly then arrange a more lucrative game themselves.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri May 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:York would be better off offering us £10k in lieu of the friendly then arrange a more lucrative game themselves.

I like that.

But it won't happen.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Fri May 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Emdubya wrote:Are we actually going ahead with this friendly?
Couldn't give a toss. I thought at the time, and nothing has changed my mind, that we should have told YCFC, in the immortal words of Roy Keane, that they can stick it up their bolloc£s. A pre-season friendly against a team that finished three points above us, offered to us as if they're doing us a favour.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri May 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Perhaps wear them as headgear, those orange b and q ones are only a quid. Remember the inflatables? Maybe collapsibles?!

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue May 08, 2018 1:15 pm

Russell Penn signs for York from Gateshead

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue May 08, 2018 2:03 pm

Would be an absolute hoot to take buckets. We could suggest that Marathon Bet do a comp for best fan arranged demo!

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Tue May 08, 2018 2:22 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Russell Penn signs for York from Gateshead
We going to do this every time York sign a player?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue May 08, 2018 2:34 pm

I wonder if this is the start of Gateshead being pulled apart. The owners want out and say they have been talking to some interested parties but there's no news yet. Meanwhile virtually all the squad are now free agents and the manager is out of contract. If there isn't a deal to buy them soon you could see most of the players getting themselves sorted elsewhere. Clearly Gray's first in the queue.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue May 08, 2018 2:59 pm

JamesDarlo wrote:
Yep, that is why this thread is so long ;)

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Tue May 08, 2018 8:43 pm

jjljks wrote:
JamesDarlo wrote:
Yep, that is why this thread is so long ;)
This thread will never die :thumbdown:

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Tue May 08, 2018 8:51 pm

biccynana wrote:
Emdubya wrote:Are we actually going ahead with this friendly?
Couldn't give a toss. I thought at the time, and nothing has changed my mind, that we should have told YCFC, in the immortal words of Roy Keane, that they can stick it up their bolloc£s. A pre-season friendly against a team that finished three points above us, offered to us as if they're doing us a favour.
Didn’t DJ say he expected this to raise 10-15k for the club? In reality they are doing us a favour.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue May 08, 2018 8:55 pm

I'll still go to the 'friendly' as I am seeing it as a day on the piss in York with my pals, aswell as a 4 day bender in Eindhoven :D :D :D

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue May 08, 2018 9:49 pm

AndyPark wrote:I'll still go to the 'friendly' as I am seeing it as a day on the piss in York with my pals, aswell as a 4 day bender in Eindhoven :D :D :D

Bucket may come in handy then ;)

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue May 08, 2018 9:51 pm

Touche jjljks, touche :clap: :clap:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed May 09, 2018 6:09 am

AndyPark wrote:Touche jjljks, touche :clap: :clap:
Enjoy your day out, fill the bucket, then tip over MG when we score - Definitely gets my vote on next Marathon bet goal celebration competition (just don't get nabbed!)

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed May 09, 2018 6:26 am

Lol.

There’s a thread on the Hearts FC board that has 2041 posts and 8.2million views. All about the shambles that is The Rangers and the financial shenanigans behind that club. It’s eye watering what their owners get up to. e.g. Gerard’s war chest has gone from £30mil, to £20mil to £6mil in the space of a week. The £6mil being raised by a share issue, which coincidentally is the same amount of debt which needs paying off by end of June I think.

Honestly RS looks like a saint in comparison.

SFG

Post by SFG » Wed May 09, 2018 9:41 am

LoidLucan wrote:I wonder if this is the start of Gateshead being pulled apart. The owners want out and say they have been talking to some interested parties but there's no news yet. Meanwhile virtually all the squad are now free agents and the manager is out of contract. If there isn't a deal to buy them soon you could see most of the players getting themselves sorted elsewhere. Clearly Gray's first in the queue.
Another York City signing from Gateshead today - Jordon Burrow striker

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:03 am

SFG wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:I wonder if this is the start of Gateshead being pulled apart. The owners want out and say they have been talking to some interested parties but there's no news yet. Meanwhile virtually all the squad are now free agents and the manager is out of contract. If there isn't a deal to buy them soon you could see most of the players getting themselves sorted elsewhere. Clearly Gray's first in the queue.
The signings that York are making aren't going to blow anyone away - I expect it to be a close fight for the title and I can't see many teams steam rolling this league. With the budget restrictions we have I think we should make the playoffs, but I cannot see York finishing in the top two either.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 09, 2018 11:08 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
SFG wrote:
The signings that York are making aren't going to blow anyone away - I expect it to be a close fight for the title and I can't see many teams steam rolling this league. With the budget restrictions we have I think we should make the playoffs, but I cannot see York finishing in the top two either.
Hopefully we'll be above York next season, a spell in the bottom half of the table will work wonders for them. :D

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed May 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Danny Johnson could well be the next one out of the door. Looking bad for Gateshead now the exodus has started.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed May 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Jordan Burrow is a nice big target man. Fits perfectly into MG's pragmatic style. Expect plenty of long balls heading his way next season.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed May 09, 2018 2:22 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Danny Johnson could well be the next one out of the door. Looking bad for Gateshead now the exodus has started.
Wouldn't say no to him here :lol:

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:05 am

He'll be a full time player I would have thought, and has a decent record in the league above. I'd think Hartlepool would be a more likely landing spot for him, sadly.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 10, 2018 11:36 am

H1987 wrote:He'll be a full time player I would have thought, and has a decent record in the league above. I'd think Hartlepool would be a more likely landing spot for him, sadly.
Oh agree - I'd be shocked if he doesn't get pro offers. Hartlepool are the obvious candidates. But we can dream :lol:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu May 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Gateshead now lose winger Wes York to York. Surely someone will have to stay on to turn the lights out.