Transfer targets for next season.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Transfer targets for next season.

Post by Darlogramps » Wed May 16, 2018 1:41 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Don't think there is any rush to make any signings.

If the season starts tomorrow we have a settled starting 11 (other than a keeper).

A lot of the signings by Gray is being done almost to appease the York fans, he has said as much that he has to be seen to be doing something - the York side needs major surgery. Even the signings that York are making aren't massive to the extent that they are going to smash the league next season.
If we'd signed Penn, York and Burrow, our fans would be cockahoop and looking forward to a play off charge.

Yet again, someone is talking things down purely because it's Gray who's involved. It's embarrassing.

Now can we stop talking about York for crying out loud.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed May 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Don't think there is any rush to make any signings.

If the season starts tomorrow we have a settled starting 11 (other than a keeper).

A lot of the signings by Gray is being done almost to appease the York fans, he has said as much that he has to be seen to be doing something - the York side needs major surgery. Even the signings that York are making aren't massive to the extent that they are going to smash the league next season.
If we'd signed Penn, York and Burrow, our fans would be cockahoop and looking forward to a play off charge.

Yet again, someone is talking things down purely because it's Gray who's involved. It's embarrassing.

Now can we stop talking about York for crying out loud.
Have to agree with you on this one.
Mr Gray and York City do seem to permeate nearly every topic.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Regarding Penn, Burrow and York - we need to remember that these are 3 underachieving players from a club that only avoided relegation by a few points in the league above.

Whilst they may be decent at this level, I don't see them as promotion material

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Liam Hughes has signed, attacking midfielder, formerly of Cambridge, Inverness and Billericay Town

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:57 pm

Further announcements shortly according to Wright’s interview this afternoon with Ray Simpson.

ReeceStyche’sManbun

Post by ReeceStyche’sManbun » Wed May 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Hopefully these announcements are for a striker, winger and a keeper.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Quakers83 wrote:Further announcements shortly according to Wright’s interview this afternoon with Ray Simpson.
Can't find said interview, anywhere I can listen to/watch it?

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Wed May 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Darlo2807 wrote:
Quakers83 wrote:Further announcements shortly according to Wright’s interview this afternoon with Ray Simpson.
Can't find said interview, anywhere I can listen to/watch it?
Liam Wright:

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp- ... 16_001.mp3

TW:

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp- ... 16_002.mp3
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu May 17, 2018 6:30 am

Tommy's keeping it in the family then?!!

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:18 am

Quakerz wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Sounds like Bradford PA will be having cuts next season - could be some players up for grabs!
Adam Boyes please.
Signed for Spennymoor

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:10 am

All about the vibes :lol: :lol:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:17 am

According to the admin of the Bradford fans' site the fee is rumoured to be in the region of £25k, with a £10k additional payment if Boyes scores more than 20 this season. He was said to be on £600+ a week wages at Bradford.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:41 am

LoidLucan wrote:According to the admin of the Bradford fans' site the fee is rumoured to be in the region of £25k, with a £10k additional payment if Boyes scores more than 20 this season. He was said to be on £600+ a week wages at Bradford.
Staggering considering the gates Spenny get.If Brad Groves has ceased his funding then where is the money coming from to fund an expensive playing and management budget.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:42 am

Regardless of where the money is coming from - that's a good signing that, it has to be said.

Although they've still got no one of the quality of Thompson, Styche or Ainge in their line up.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

polarbear

Post by polarbear » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:53 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:According to the admin of the Bradford fans' site the fee is rumoured to be in the region of £25k, with a £10k additional payment if Boyes scores more than 20 this season. He was said to be on £600+ a week wages at Bradford.
Staggering considering the gates Spenny get.If Brad Groves has ceased his funding then where is the money coming from to fund an expensive playing and management budget.

900 average last season not bad, would of been more if not playing games at Harrogate, Darlington only had 600 more

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:08 am

polarbear wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

900 average last season not bad, would of been more if not playing games at Harrogate, Darlington only had 600 more
Only 600 more? That's a pretty significant increase if you ask me.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:57 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
polarbear wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Only 600 more? That's a pretty significant increase if you ask me.

Indeed, an extra 600 would bring in at least £6000 per game, which over a season is a significant amount of money.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:21 am

Quakerz wrote:Regardless of where the money is coming from - that's a good signing that, it has to be said.

Although they've still got no one of the quality of Thompson, Styche or Ainge in their line up.
Well, apart from Boyes.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:33 am

polarbear wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Yes, a mere 66% more. Barely anything.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

polarbear

Post by polarbear » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:42 am

Spyman wrote:
polarbear wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Darlington had a mere 2000 less than hartlepool, work that percentage out :lol:

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:20 pm

polarbear wrote:
Spyman wrote:
polarbear wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Darlington had a mere 2000 less than hartlepool, work that percentage out :lol:
Why, we're comparing DFC and Spenny aren't we?