Eindhoven planning

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

uncovered
Site Admin

Eindhoven planning

Post by uncovered » Sat May 19, 2018 1:22 pm

Ok, I expect a few of us are heading over. Closer to the time we will have to coordinate hydration points.

Just wondering what hotels people are staying in.

I will start. I have booked the Blue Collar Hotel, assuming it wasn’t a typo and it’s actually the blue oyster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Eindhoven planning

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat May 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Showing your age there Scott!
Some of use are getting the Hull Rotterdam overnight, but basically all the time there is is to get to the match then turn around and go back, so I wonder how many are just having a bevy at the match.

olrad

Post by olrad » Sat May 19, 2018 5:14 pm

Night in Brussels , two nights in the Dam , two nights in Eindhoven, another night in Brussels. ( coach and train travel is so cheap ) me and me lad .... he goes aged 14 , got a funny feeling he’ll be coming back a little bit older ..... ;)

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:30 pm

3 Nights Westerpark area,Amsterdam.
Flixbus or Train day return to Eindhoven.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:36 pm

7 of us in Park Inn near City centre. Flying out from DTV Friday morning.

petenita

Post by petenita » Sun May 20, 2018 7:52 am

uncovered wrote:Ok, I expect a few of us are heading over. Closer to the time we will have to coordinate hydration points.

Just wondering what hotels people are staying in.

I will start. I have booked the Blue Collar Hotel, assuming it wasn’t a typo and it’s actually the blue oyster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m staying at the NH collection in the centre of Eindhoven https://www.nh-hotels.com/hotel/nh-coll ... ven-centre with CrazyDarlo.

Arriving on Thursday on flying back to Manchester on Sunday while England are thrashing Germany in the World Cup final ! :shock:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun May 20, 2018 11:10 am

Ferry out from Hull to Rotterdam on the Thursday night.

Friday and Saturday nights at the Sandton and ferry back Sunday evening.

richymidd

Post by richymidd » Mon May 21, 2018 1:30 pm

I had the misfortune of spending a whole day in Eindhoven while waiting for a flight back to the UK.

I would plan on spending as little time there as possible. And plan only to watch football, eat and drink.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed May 23, 2018 1:18 pm

3 of us going from Darlo airport to Eindhoven via Schiphol and staying in a City Centre hotel. We could do with a count up of how many are "actually" going, with a questionnaire thingy. PSV may organise some events / extras for us, if they knew significant numbers were due.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed May 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:We could do with a count up of how many are "actually" going, with a questionnaire thingy. PSV may organise some events / extras for us, if they knew significant numbers were due.
I am surprised the club haven’t done something like this as yet...

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Wed May 23, 2018 2:03 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:We could do with a count up of how many are "actually" going, with a questionnaire thingy. PSV may organise some events / extras for us, if they knew significant numbers were due.
Maybe more a supporters group thing than the club?

Suprised Glynn and Mary haven't got the coach details sorted out yet!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed May 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:3 of us going from Darlo airport to Eindhoven via Schiphol and staying in a City Centre hotel. We could do with a count up of how many are "actually" going, with a questionnaire thingy. PSV may organise some events / extras for us, if they knew significant numbers were due.
Darlo Airport???? We don't have a bus station now never mind a fooking Airport

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed May 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Alfie wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

Due to the nature of the trip, I am surprised the club haven't released details of an official place for all fans to meet up during the weekend or even offers for cheap hotels they've liaised with etc...

Something, anything? All they've done is made a lousy shirt :o :lol:

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed May 23, 2018 5:10 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:7 of us in Park Inn near City centre. Flying out from DTV Friday morning.
On the 6am flight Friday morning, back Sunday 9pm into DTV, 2 more following on the Saturday red eye flight. Not booked accommodation yet.
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:14 pm

The nature of the game - with regard to it being a pre-season friendly?

I am sure the fans of this club are more than capable of sharing plans they have on social media and don’t need the club to tell them a meet point to drink before the game?

It’s a pre-season friendly abroad, an opportunity for folk to go out and see a bit of something different before and after a game not a chance for us to make a name for ourselves on the next series of banged up abroad by highlighting where to get hammered before a football game.

I’m not that sure about Eindhoven but The Anne Frank museum is pretty good in Amsterdam - the queues can be quite bad though...

dfclincolnshire

Post by dfclincolnshire » Wed May 23, 2018 5:17 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Alfie wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

Due to the nature of the trip, I am surprised the club haven't released details of an official place for all fans to meet up during the weekend or even offers for cheap hotels they've liaised with etc...

Something, anything? All they've done is made a lousy shirt :o :lol:
I think that comment Andy is not fair and detramental to,people at the club. Hasn’t enough been done to get this organised on the club perspective? I gues your view is that people involved with the club who don’t get payed should organise a travel itiinary for every one ? If this had been done it would have been scrutinised and criticised from some of our so called supporters ?

I guess most fans are happy to arrange there travel circumstances and make there way to the ground, and then go from there?

It’s better than going to fucking Gateshead !

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed May 23, 2018 6:23 pm

My initial thoughts too but I did think it might be sarcasm? Our, not the club is after all run by volunteers who already have enough to do.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed May 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Surely it would be easier if we as fans all came together on social media or here and said right if anyone wants to meet up before/after the game we’ll be in bar x, I’m sure those of us on twitter will be active anyway to spread the word
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Thu May 24, 2018 8:24 am

Maybe you could volunteer and take it on Andy?

Or are you and your mates too busy translating your sad misogynist and paedo chants to fire out at the home players and stewards?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu May 24, 2018 8:54 am

Well said Sam, just as Scott suggested!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu May 24, 2018 10:52 am

darlo2001uk wrote:Maybe you could volunteer and take it on Andy?

Or are you and your mates too busy translating your sad misogynist and paedo chants to fire out at the home players and stewards?
Here we go :lol: :lol:

You know where to find me if you have an issue with me.

Now let’s get back on topic, before you have cry some more.

I’d happily take on a role of arranging an official place to meet in Holland :thumbup:

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Thu May 24, 2018 11:17 am

Great! I look forward to receiving the details so I can plan my trip :thumbup:

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu May 24, 2018 9:08 pm

People in glass houses should not throw stones, Andy, some arrangements are never followed through I remember not to long ago,??

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu May 24, 2018 10:22 pm

Zzzzzz! No wonder this board isn’t frequently used anymore with so many miserable fuckers on it :lol:

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 am

I’m sure people will find each other most bars are on one long strip.
Just hope there’s no idiots going who can’t hold their drink. Directors in attendance as well so hopefully best behaviour.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:18 am

Went last year, bars are in one area really so will be easy to run into each other.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri May 25, 2018 11:42 am

For those who haven't booked up hotels yet. Here's a couple I've emailed for cheaper deals.
SandtonHotelEindhoven wrote:Good morning Mr. Park,

Thank you for your interest in Sandton Eindhoven Centre.

Since there are several festivals in Eindhoven on those dates, all our standard rooms are already sold-out.
We would like to make you an offer based on our comfort rooms.
I can offer you two options, first options is a discount of 10% on the best available rate.
At this moment the rooms are €132 per room per night, so I can offer the rooms for €119 per room per night.
I can also offer you a group discount. If you will book 20 rooms or more, we will offer a special price of €109 per room night.
All rates mentioned are including breakfast, but excluding city tax €3,50 per person per night.

Hopefully this offer suits your budget.
We are looking forward to hear from you.
HolidayInnEindhoven wrote:Dear Andrew,

Thank you very much for your e-mail. Good to hear that such a big supporters group is traveling to Eindhoven in July to watch the football game.

We have two options for below inquiry:

1. We reserve a number of hotel rooms for you and you will deliver us the name list with the persons who would like to book a room. A room rate will be calculated based on the number of rooms you would like to reserve.
2. We can provide a discount on the BAR rate. Guests can book a room based on a bookings code and will receive a discount on the room rate.

Please let me know what you prefer. If you know a certain budget please share it with us so we can see if we can reach the budget.

I look forward to your reply. Thank you in advance.

Kindest regards,

Anneke Woudstra
Would anyone be interested in either of these?

I’ve also been emailing a bar owner in relation to making it our official pub before and after the match. Hopefully this will be finalised next week and I can give out more details.

Not long now lads :thumbup:

DARLO333

Post by DARLO333 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:45 pm

I've found a pimp that will give discount for group bookings and an extra 10% for anyone with the club crest tattooed on their arse.

I'm also watsapping a bloke called "Eindhoven Charlie" who speaks in broken English. He says it's €70 whatever it is, but I can't work it out what he's selling.

Let me know when you lot of savages have agreed your official bar and I'll find myself a quiet coffee shop far away.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri May 25, 2018 6:48 pm

I'm already sorted for accommodation, just thought I'd give a helping hand to others who haven't sorted out yet :thumbup:

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:23 am

Finally got booked, flight from manchester as I preferred flight times, out friday to amsterdam train to Eindhoven, return sunday with a bit of time for a few pints in amsterdam before flight. Stopping at the Pulman near city centre in Eindhoven. Only been to the place once for a quick overnight stay so not sampled the bars. Really looking forward to this trip and if all goes off well who knows could be a yearly thing with Tommy in charge (Real Madrid next year anyone :D ). Hope to catch up with a few of you there.