V9 Football Academy

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

jjljks
Team Supported: Darlington

V9 Football Academy

Post by jjljks » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Surprised no-one else has created a thread for this, but I guess it just crept up on us all.
The V9 Academy starts on June 5th, so best of luck to Darlington’s representatives:- Josh Heaton, Luke Trotman and Joe Wheatley - do yourselves and the club, proud! :thumbup: :clap:
for more info try http://www.v9academy.co.uk or on Instagram

Vodka_Vic

Re: V9 Football Academy

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:06 pm

Lee Tucker is one of the coaches. He used to play for us around 91-93.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:09 pm

I'd be very surprised if none of our players were approached by bigger clubs.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:35 am

I'd be very pleased if none of our players were approached by bigger clubs.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:11 am

I'm pretty happy if they do get approached by professional clubs

1. We get the financial benefit of any transfer fee
2. We get a reputation for being a club which provides the opportunities for players to get back to professional football

Every year Premier League academies will release a bunch of players, they will be on trial at FL clubs for the first part of the summer and will gradually drop down to our level if we are known to be a club that can return them to professional football in 12 months (if they play well) then it means we are not competing purely on monetary terms with Spennymoor, South Shields, York etc.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:43 am

Whilst I appreciate that we will need to be a selling club, developing players and eventually selling them on, I think that Heaton, Wheatley, Trotman, will be picked up at some stage anyway. The possibility of losing all three at the same time would create massive problems for Wright.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:17 am

lo36789 wrote:I'm pretty happy if they do get approached by professional clubs

2. We get a reputation for being a club which provides the opportunities for players to get back to professional football

Every year Premier League academies will release a bunch of players, they will be on trial at FL clubs for the first part of the summer and will gradually drop down to our level if we are known to be a club that can return them to professional football in 12 months (if they play well) then it means we are not competing purely on monetary terms with Spennymoor, South Shields, York etc.

Don't you think every one of those clubs is also providing the same opportunities to players to return to full time football?

What makes Darlington different from those clubs in terms of opportunities?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:51 am

spen666 wrote:

Don't you think every one of those clubs is also providing the same opportunities to players to return to full time football?

Well yes, York offer the opportunity, because they are a full-time club.

Genuine question which I don't know the answer to - how many South Shields and Spennymoor players have moved to full-time clubs in the last 12 months?

I can think of at least three from Darlington.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:07 am

Mark Beck
Adam Bartlett
David Ferguson
Vinny Steels

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:02 am

Spyman wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Well yes, York offer the opportunity, because they are a full-time club.

Genuine question which I don't know the answer to - how many South Shields and Spennymoor players have moved to full-time clubs in the last 12 months?

I can think of at least three from Darlington.
Kallam Griffiths for Spenny to York

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:00 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote: Kallam Griffiths for Spenny to York
Yes, and they didn't voluntarily let him go for a fee, he escaped after his contract expired

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:15 pm

banktopp wrote:Whilst I appreciate that we will need to be a selling club, developing players and eventually selling them on, I think that Heaton, Wheatley, Trotman, will be picked up at some stage anyway. The possibility of losing all three at the same time would create massive problems for Wright.
Yes, it is very much a mixed blessing but the least that can happen is they get the benefit of some top class coaching and an extra week of pre-season training. These young lads need to get experience and also some ideas that the club can use in the future.

Let's hope no-one picks up any injuries - although might make a nice insurance claim :) ;)

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Lee Tucker is one of the coaches. He used to play for us around 91-93.
As is Robbie Stockdale, a loanee in 2006. Biggest name coach is probably Alan Stubbs.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:27 pm

spen666 wrote:

That’s the whole point though? My post starts by stating if our players on the V9 get taken it illustrates that this is a good place to come...

Now...remember it’s breathe in then breathe out - appreciate that may be quite confusing for you.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:06 pm

There is an article in todays Non League Paper about this years V9 Academy and says 4 players are believed to have been offered full time contracts so far. The article names 2 of the players. It also goes on to say other offers are expected to follow.

Elsewhere in the article it says there were stand out performances from Joe Wheatley and also Kieran Parnaby from Sunderland RCA.

I should also say there is a separate column on same page all about Joe Wheatley

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:58 pm

iv just heard your a bit of a dick spen .......3 pubs in mickie moor , do you know where i mean ?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Seventynine wrote:iv just heard your a bit of a dick spen .......3 pubs in mickie moor , do you know where i mean ?

Tell me more, I would be interested as I have never been in a pub there in my life.

In fact, I have never been even through Middlestone Moor in in over 25 years.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:15 pm

spen666 wrote:
Seventynine wrote:iv just heard your a bit of a dick spen .......3 pubs in mickie moor , do you know where i mean ?

Tell me more, I would be interested as I have never been in a pub there in my life.

lol ...there's not many who know where mickie moor is spen ....dear me.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Seventynine wrote:
spen666 wrote:

lol ...there's not many who know where mickie moor is spen ....dear me.

Apart from the whole population past & present of Spennymoor and the surrounding area for a start.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:33 pm

you have no knowledge of the surrounding areas ...are you interneting from dogger bank ?....where was the greyhound track located ? you didnt know spennymoor had one of the best tracks in the north east

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Seventynine wrote:you have no knowledge of the surrounding areas ...are you interneting from dogger bank ?....where was the greyhound track located ? you didnt know spennymoor had one of the best tracks in the north east

I have no idea what you are on about.

When have I ever posted anything re greyhounds or greyhound tracks?

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:01 pm

+ground control to major spen....so where was the greyhound track located in spennymoor ?

dont google it spen as you wont find it

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:47 pm

Seventynine wrote:+ground control to major spen....so where was the greyhound track located in spennymoor ?

dont google it spen as you wont find it

What is relevance of the greyhound track to anything?

I live hundreds of miles from Spennymoor & haven't ever been in a pub in Middlestone Moor in my life

What exactly are you on about? Apart from spouting nonsense about me apparently being in pubs in Middlestone Moor.

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:45 am

Wondering if there will be any feedback on the performance of our representatives ?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:21 am

Daily Mail are reporting that Everton & Middlesbrough are interested in Josh Heaton.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:40 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Daily Mail are reporting that Everton & Middlesbrough are interested in Josh Heaton.
I'm surprised about Boro, as I'd have thought they'd already had their scouts watching him play for us. It would be great for the lad if he get's offered a full-time deal and great news for the club as well. Do you have a link to the article or was it in the paper itself?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Daily Mail are reporting that Everton & Middlesbrough are interested in Josh Heaton.
In the Mail? Surely you mean Trotman. He’s more likely as he’s on the right wing. :lol:

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:53 pm

The more clubs the merrier if we’re going to lose some - get those prices up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
I'm surprised about Boro, as I'd have thought they'd already had their scouts watching him play for us. It would be great for the lad if he get's offered a full-time deal and great news for the club as well. Do you have a link to the article or was it in the paper itself?
Google it Pete it is there for you to see..FFS

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:46 pm

Did hear the Boro are very interested.

What initial value would you expect for Heaton? You then want add-ons in also.

Would be a big loss to us but I think it's a matter of time and interest shown could well be before the season starts.