Rumour mill

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_CR
Team Supported: Darlington

Rumour mill

Post by Darlo_CR » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:30 pm

There’s been talk about Sunderland enquiring about Josh Heaton.

lo36789

Re: Rumour mill

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:32 pm

We can let them keep £1m of the Paddy McNair money maybe?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:58 pm

Why would Heaton want to take a step down

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:12 pm

The rumour is Sunderland not Spendymore.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:15 am

Quakerz wrote:The rumour is Sunderland not Spendymore.
No one suggested he was going to the highest ranked team in Co. zDurham. In fact no one mentioned them but you.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:29 am

Sunderland is in County Durham.

Before anyone starts, Tyne and Wear isn't a County.
Think before posting

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:12 am

"Highest-ranked team in County Durham"

Evidently Spennymoor are resorting to inventing titles because they bottled making the play-offs.

Cringeworthy.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:57 am

Darlogramps wrote:"Highest-ranked team in County Durham"

Evidently Spennymoor are resorting to inventing titles because they bottled making the play-offs.

Cringeworthy.
I did think that :lol: Clearly, by advertising themselves as the highest ranked team in County Durham, they are overjoyed at finishing above us, and fair play to them, but in their excitement they seem to have forgotten Hartlepool is in County Durham.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Sunderland are after him. Of the 3 'V9' players, he's the one most pro ready at the moment in my opinion. If he is to move on, a nice fat 6 figure cheque would be nice - save most of it to help develop the infrastructure of the club, but release some of it for Tommy to find a replacement, as he'd be a hard player to replace.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:41 am

spen666 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:The rumour is Sunderland not Spendymore.
No one suggested he was going to the highest ranked team in Co. zDurham. In fact no one mentioned them but you.
So you should be the highest ranked club in Co Durham considering Uncle Brads 7 figure investment in the club. The fact it’s taken so long for you to finish above us shows that money isn’t all it takes to create a better team.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:54 am

al_quaker wrote:

Cringeworthy.
I did think that :lol: Clearly, by advertising themselves as the highest ranked team in County Durham, they are overjoyed at finishing above us, and fair play to them, but in their excitement they seem to have forgotten Hartlepool is in County Durham.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Sunderland are after him. Of the 3 'V9' players, he's the one most pro ready at the moment in my opinion. If he is to move on, a nice fat 6 figure cheque would be nice - save most of it to help develop the infrastructure of the club, but release some of it for Tommy to find a replacement, as he'd be a hard player to replace.
Don't forget the sell on clause in the transfer.. Always comes in handy when he moves on

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:21 am

I'd say the sell on is as important if not more important, than the actual fee. What if the buying club sells him for £5 million down the line? I'd be asking for 25%.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:57 am

Quakerz wrote:I'd say the sell on is as important if not more important, than the actual fee. What if the buying club sells him for £5 million down the line? I'd be asking for 25%.
If it had not been for Dan Burn's sell on clause we would not be here now in my opinion.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:17 am

Sure it was his appearance clauses that saved us. Fulham never sold him on, they eventually released him so we got nothing.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:48 am

dfc4me wrote:Sure it was his appearance clauses that saved us. Fulham never sold him on, they eventually released him so we got nothing.
So it was. Better get a staggered appearance clause in any contract then.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Fulham didn’t release Burn, he left on a free at the end of his contract

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:13 pm

loan_star wrote:Fulham didn’t release Burn, he left on a free at the end of his contract
Is that not the same thing?

Burn had an option to extend his deal. Jokanovic chose not to take up that option: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36489922

That seems very much like him being released to me.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:50 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Sunderland are after him. Of the 3 'V9' players, he's the one most pro ready at the moment in my opinion.
Probably the most dispensible at the moment as well given we have Galbraith, Collins and Vaulks, as well as Ainge if needed.

We don't have a tried and tested right back if Trotman leaves and we'd be light in central midfield if Wheatley goes.

There'd certainly be more urgency to recruit replacements if the latter two left.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:25 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:Fulham didn’t release Burn, he left on a free at the end of his contract

Burn had an option to extend his deal. Jokanovic chose not to take up that option: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36489922

From what I heard he wanted to leave anyway so maybe it was a mutual thing?
Mind you, that article doesn’t state anything about them choosing not to trigger the years option?

According to wiki they opened contract talks with him but nothing came of it and he left at the end of his contract.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Burn

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:26 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Mind you, that article doesn’t state anything about them choosing not to trigger the years option?
This one states Jokanovic chose not to take up the option:

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/f ... s-11301372

Either way, consensus from the reporting of his departure has been that he was released.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:07 pm

Well they did appear to want him to extend his contract at one point so when his contract came to an end his registration is released whether that’s his choice or the clubs.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:42 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

According to wiki they opened contract talks with him but nothing came of it and he left at the end of his contract.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Burn
Does it really matter.He left,we got fuck all,end of story before this turns into a 10page bitchfest :(

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:09 pm

al_quaker wrote:in their excitement they seem to have forgotten Hartlepool is in County Durham.
As is Gateshead, but I suppose '4th highest ranked team in Co. Durham' doesn't have quite the same ring.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:54 pm

al_quaker wrote:

Cringeworthy.
I did think that :lol: Clearly, by advertising themselves as the highest ranked team in County Durham, they are overjoyed at finishing above us, and fair play to them, but in their excitement they seem to have forgotten Hartlepool is in County Durham..
Are they advertising themselves as that or is it just Spen666 trying and failing to be clever?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:01 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

Cringeworthy.
I did think that Image Clearly, by advertising themselves as the highest ranked team in County Durham, they are overjoyed at finishing above us, and fair play to them, but in their excitement they seem to have forgotten Hartlepool is in County Durham..
Are they advertising themselves as that or is it just Spen666 trying and failing to be clever?
No, Spennymoor genuinely invented that title. Pretty sure they used it when Uncle Brad was touting around for investment.

EDIT - It seems they really like this title they've made up for themselves:
https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/five-rea ... n-2018-19/

https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/hiring-m ... -director/

That genuinely is absolutely tragic. If our board did something like that I'd be calling for their sackings.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:05 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

Cringeworthy.
I did think that :lol: Clearly, by advertising themselves as the highest ranked team in County Durham, they are overjoyed at finishing above us, and fair play to them, but in their excitement they seem to have forgotten Hartlepool is in County Durham..
They certainly are:

https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/five-rea ... n-2018-19/

"There has never been a better time to follow the highest ranking team in County Durham"

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:12 pm

loan_star wrote:Well they did appear to want him to extend his contract at one point so when his contract came to an end his registration is released whether that’s his choice or the clubs.
Voila! I love being right. ;)

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:25 pm

Spennymoor will always have that "small club" mentality. They did quite a good promotional video a few months ago, but then ruined it by comparing attendance ratios and social media followers to other clubs (Darlo, York etc).

I'm sure an article on their website also compared ST prices to ours too?

"The highest ranked club in County Durham" tag is laughable.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Darlington isn't in Country Durham though so can't compare them to us..

bga

Post by bga » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:09 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Darlington isn't in Country Durham though so can't compare them to us..
???? where is it then

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:13 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Darlington isn't in Country Durham though so can't compare them to us..
Spot on. Neither is Gateshead, neither is Artlepool. All Unitary Authority Areas. Some people love living in the past. Like that Boro lot saying they’re still in North Yorkshire...no you’re not, shut up. You live in a Unitary Authority as well. If past definitions are valid, then we all live in the Anglo Saxon Kingdom of Northumbria and should be worried about being paid a visit by that Utred fella. Just sayin.