V9 Football Academy

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

jjljks
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: V9 Football Academy

Post by jjljks » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:59 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Did hear the Boro are very interested.

What initial value would you expect for Heaton? You then want add-ons in also.

Would be a big loss to us but I think it's a matter of time and interest shown could well be before the season starts.
Would be nice to get Boro to lend/give us Pears as part of any deal!

The Quaker

Post by The Quaker » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:07 pm

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... HBFiyQFTSQ

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:09 pm

spen666 wrote:There is an article in todays Non League Paper about this years V9 Academy and says 4 players are believed to have been offered full time contracts so far. The article names 2 of the players. It also goes on to say other offers are expected to follow.

Elsewhere in the article it says there were stand out performances from Joe Wheatley and also Kieran Parnaby from Sunderland RCA.

I should also say there is a separate column on same page all about Joe Wheatley
I saw RCA beat West Auckland away when our Easter game was called off and there were some good performances from RCA players. (West's Fisher, Mitchell & Wearmouth disappointed).

Darlo may well sell on some players over the course of next season.

Worth some local U23 scouting and recruitment for development from early doors?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:55 pm

I'm resigned to Heaton leaving, which I suppose is why he (and the others) attend this week. Mixed feelings on the whole process, but I suppose it's where we are as a club at the moment. Hopefully there are multiple clubs interested in Heaton and we can drive the price, and value of the clauses, up. Could be a bit of a game changer in terms of the off field situation if we can get a decent load of cash in.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Reality is that unless you are Real Madrid, Man U etc you're going to be a 'selling club'.

I hope that the rumours are true and that there is interest in Heaton and that we can get a good price for him and good add ons. Same for Wheatley who reportedly impressed in the trial games. It's things like this that can give us as a club the financial breathing space to really plan for the future. Which is massive considering the talk that is going on just a mile or so around the ring road.

Unfortunately if we do lose Heaton I feel like he is in the same bracket as Turnbull and will be someone who needs to be replaced. Fortunately enough we look set to lose these players in the summer where there are plenty of players out of contract and so no need to pay transfer fees. Meaning the majority of that player income can be maintained for what the club needs in the future, large scale investment in infrastructure. Whether that be at the arena site or BM.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:36 pm

JE93 wrote:Reality is that unless you are Real Madrid, Man U etc you're going to be a 'selling club'.

I hope that the rumours are true and that there is interest in Heaton and that we can get a good price for him and good add ons. Same for Wheatley who reportedly impressed in the trial games. It's things like this that can give us as a club the financial breathing space to really plan for the future. Which is massive considering the talk that is going on just a mile or so around the ring road.

Unfortunately if we do lose Heaton I feel like he is in the same bracket as Turnbull and will be someone who needs to be replaced. Fortunately enough we look set to lose these players in the summer where there are plenty of players out of contract and so no need to pay transfer fees. Meaning the majority of that player income can be maintained for what the club needs in the future, large scale investment in infrastructure. Whether that be at the arena site or BM.
Depends how much Vaulks comes on really. Galbraith and Collins can be the experienced pairing with Vaulks pushing them and gaining experience. Ainge then provides further cover in times of need.

I don't think there'd be a desperate need to replace Heaton immediately unless we suffer a couple of injuries or the above three don't perform.

If we can get a good fee and some add on cluases for him let's go for it - it's deals like that which will keep the club alive and ease pressure on us fans to fund everything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:01 am

Vaulks could step into Heaton's place, but we'd need to get a replacement for Vaulk's place on the bench.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:46 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Vaulks could step into Heaton's place, but we'd need to get a replacement for Vaulk's place on the bench.
I would play Collins ahead of Vaulks if Heaton goes, but we are desperate for a strong defensive midfielder to replace Turnbull.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:04 am

Strong defensive midfielder?

Surely you want a freeflowing, goalscoring attacking midfielder, given you were complaining Turnbull didn't score enough.

Make your mind up Quakerman2.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:36 am

Darlogramps wrote:Strong defensive midfielder?

Surely you want a freeflowing, goalscoring attacking midfielder, given you were complaining Turnbull didn't score enough.

Make your mind up Quakerman2.
Hear that Bale is looking for a move as he isn't always in the starting XI, mind he is getting on a bit now. ;)

From the little info leaking out, Wheatley also might be subject of a transfer so would need to strengthen that position before pre-season starts so any newcomers have time to build up an understanding

I would like to see Vaulks get a few more starts in the back 4, but a lot depends on Collins' recovery and also whether anyone comes in for Trotman too.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:02 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Vaulks could step into Heaton's place, but we'd need to get a replacement for Vaulk's place on the bench.
Well we have Collins, Galbraith and Vaulks (if you count Heaton out), so unless we're reverting to three at the back then one of the three can take the place on the bench.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 pm

If Heaton does depart then he will need replacing. We are already operating on a small squad and Collins, Galbraith & Vaulks will not be enough across a full season.

If he does leave then I'm sure we will be financially compensated enough to get a decent centre half at this level and still have a fair bit left-over.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 am

Darlofan97 wrote:If Heaton does depart then he will need replacing. We are already operating on a small squad and Collins, Galbraith & Vaulks will not be enough across a full season.

If he does leave then I'm sure we will be financially compensated enough to get a decent centre half at this level and still have a fair bit left-over.
Not across a full season, probably not.

But no immediate desperate need to sign a central defender if he does go. There are other priorities and we can bide our time with those three.

DC

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:34 am

See O'Hanlon has just got a new contract, a marriage one fortunately! Congratulations ;)

DarloBear
Team Supported: Darlington / Rangers

Post by DarloBear » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:47 am

According to the BBC Scottish Football Gossip it looks like Heaton is heading to St Mirren in a £75K deal.

He must like playing in Black and White!

DB

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44558754

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:55 am

Given the reported interest from V9 I am slightly surprised but I suppose it is full time professional football...just! I can’t help but think the initial reported interest of Everton (u23s managed by David Unsworth) and Stubbs being manager of St Mirren isn’t a coincidence.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:11 am

DarloBear wrote:According to the BBC Scottish Football Gossip it looks like Heaton is heading to St Mirren in a £75K deal.

DB

Sounds lie a done deal.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:44 am

DarloBear wrote:According to the BBC Scottish Football Gossip it looks like Heaton is heading to St Mirren in a £75K deal.

DB

£75k is a decent amount, I hope we have some sell-on and appearance clauses in there as well.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:55 am

£75k is great business and a huge boost for the club. Especially if there's clauses for future sales and appearances.

I'm sure you're right whoever said it's no surprise that Stubbs is ex-Everton. I suspect someone has recommended him.

Also glad (at this stage) that it's our most replaceable of the three that were at the V9.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:56 am

For a conference north player that's a good price. He'll shine at St Mirren so will hopefully get a big move in the future, so let's hope we have a sell on.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:58 am

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:18 am

Spyman wrote:£75k is great business and a huge boost for the club. Especially if there's clauses for future sales and appearances.

I'm sure you're right whoever said it's no surprise that Stubbs is ex-Everton. I suspect someone has recommended him.

Also glad (at this stage) that it's our most replaceable of the three that were at the V9.

Stubbs was a V9 coach and saw him first hand

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:50 am

Just when i thought the V9 had gone quiet....but good luck to the lad. It is the development and sale of such players that will keep the club going in future. Heaton (as someone pointed out already) is the one of the 3 that could most easily be covered / replaced by squad players. Vaulks would be stepping up to the challenge but Collins should be fit too. Good bit of business, if there are additional payments for appearances & sell-on %. Hopefully winners all round and well done again, Josh. All the best in Scotland, but remember to get your international clearance & work visa sorted :lol:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:29 pm

To be honest, Collins will expect/want first team football and being a Gray signing is probably on decent money - so Heaton moving probably puts him back in the first eleven for the time being at least.

DC

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:31 pm

Here's hoping we hold on to Wheatley and Trotman...