Josh Heaton looks like he is on his way

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Josh Heaton looks like he is on his way

Post by poppyfield » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:59 am

Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlopartisan

Re: Josh Heaton looks like he is on his way

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:01 am

Excellent move for the lad, looks like a bit of business for us.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:06 am

Can't grumble at 75k, I just hope we have a sell on because potentially he will go further than St Mirren in the future.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 am

Great move for him and a good bit of business for us. I'd imagine that there will be plenty of add on clauses that we won't get to find out about, but he's going there to play first team football so will have an almost immediate chance to impress. I will be, like I'd imagine we all will be, watching his progress with interest.

I hope he goes on to have a great career as this will potentially benefit us massively. And it also looks great for us that a player we picked up from the EvoStik North less than a year ago will soon be playing in front of massive crowds at Ibrox, Celtic Park, Easter Road, Tynecastle etc etc next season.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:19 am

Comment on twitter “is the friendly at PSV in doubt due to us not having enough players” - how short on players do people think we are?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:23 am

lo36789 wrote:Comment on twitter “is the friendly at PSV in doubt due to us not having enough players” - how short on players do people think we are?
It will depends on people having holidays booked from last year before this trip were organised but surely it will go ahead..

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:23 am

75K is a significant sum for us, what do we do with it? Will allow us to pay down all the debts I guess.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:52 am

They will feel they have a real bargain for that upfront fee for a first-teamer given his age, clear potential and the interest in him. Credit to TW and AW for going back in for him after Gray did his usual discarding of a player when he's of no immediate use in chasing MG's ambitions. The message it sends out about our club in terms of young players furthering their ambitions is also invaluable.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:58 am

If Gray had signed him he would not have played him often and fucked him off to Skelmersdale on a free by March.

Best thing that could have happened to Josh was that injury delaying the move.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:01 am

Aye, I don't think Gray ever believed it was part of his remit to bring finance into the club to help it tick over. That was our job.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:35 am

Management is as much about off the field as on the field, as Sir Tommy knows.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:56 am

Yarblockos wrote:75K is a significant sum for us, what do we do with it? Will allow us to pay down all the debts I guess.
This is the most important thing.

For me, if the deal goes through, I'd like to see the money used as follows:

£20k Pay down any remaining debt or for the amendments to be made to the roof of the seated stand.

£10k Contingency fund. Open another bank account an have £10k cash there which can be 'loaned' to the club throughout the season for cash flow, but by 30 June each year club must 'repay it's self' to ensure the balance goes back to £10k.

£10k goes back into TW budget for the season for him to use as he wishes (transfer fee's or wage budget). Only fair that a manage who brings players in benefits when we sell them on.

£35k Held back for future infrastructure improvements.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 am

Hope the move works out well for Josh, have to admit that I'm a tad disappointed at only getting £75k for him. Think he is worth more than that and if we'd held onto him for another 6 months, we could have got a lot more for him. Wonder what will happen to the £75k, I assume TW will get a fair bit of it?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:37 am

Disappointed to see him go, of course, but wish him all the best. He's a cut above this level.

I'd support re-investing as suggested above, and also i really hope we have a sell on clause in there also, in case he moves on to bigger things.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:50 am

JE93 wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:75K is a significant sum for us, what do we do with it? Will allow us to pay down all the debts I guess.

£20k Pay down any remaining debt or for the amendments to be made to the roof of the seated stand.

£10k Contingency fund. Open another bank account an have £10k cash there which can be 'loaned' to the club throughout the season for cash flow, but by 30 June each year club must 'repay it's self' to ensure the balance goes back to £10k.

£10k goes back into TW budget for the season for him to use as he wishes (transfer fee's or wage budget). Only fair that a manage who brings players in benefits when we sell them on.

Get rid of all the debt.Debt costs money.And we certainly don’t need to be spending money on a roof for seating that we don’t need.
Let’s just hang onto what’s left over to keep us in the black and use it as and when required.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Emdubya wrote:
JE93 wrote:

Get rid of all the debt.Debt costs money.And we certainly don’t need to be spending money on a roof for seating that we don’t need.
Let’s just hang onto what’s left over to keep us in the black and use it as and when required.
I'd hope TW gets more than £10k from Josh's transfer. We may not need an immediate replacement as we have Vaulks & Collins, but I'm sure any extra funding will help us to strengthen the squad, when and if suspensions or injuries start to impact on the squad. Heaton's sale will help us recruit up and coming players, as they see that players who do well, get the chance to move into full-time football.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:31 pm

Emdubya wrote:
JE93 wrote:

My understanding of that was to fix the roof on the current seating stand, because right now there's a seat or two uncovered at the end of the stand, and it needs fixing.

I'd hope it's not 20k like...

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:57 pm

JE93 wrote:

Can't disagree with that

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:17 pm

A few things, first of all good luck to Josh.

It does show that coming to us can reignite your career which is good press for the club.

Vaulks came in last season and showed he is ready for first team football.

The concern I have at the moment, is that we had a settled team last season towards the end and things were looking good and now we have a lot of new players. On the flip side despite our up turn in form last season we missed a massive chance to sneak into the playoffs and Im sure thats in the mind of Tommy Wright in allowing Turnbull, Gillies et al to go.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:57 pm

I’m actually a bit disappointed by the 75k. I can understand st mirren not having a lot of cash. But I was hoping that boro or Everton or West Brom would have upped the price. £75k to those clubs is a drop in the ocean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:00 pm

D_F_C wrote:I’m actually a bit disappointed by the 75k. I can understand st mirren not having a lot of cash. But I was hoping that boro or Everton or West Brom would have upped the price. £75k to those clubs is a drop in the ocean

To be fair there's a big difference in standard between the three English clubs you've mentioned and St Mirren.

If he had done enough to convince any of those three that he was worth more, I'm sure they'd have taken the gamble - however they are probably happy to see how he fares in Scotland and they can probably pick him up in a year or two for six figures which again is small change for them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:02 pm

D_F_C wrote:I’m actually a bit disappointed by the 75k. I can understand st mirren not having a lot of cash. But I was hoping that boro or Everton or West Brom would have upped the price. £75k to those clubs is a drop in the ocean

£75k for a player in NLN is a significant amount of money. The transfer market seems to go rapidly from £M transfers at the top level to free transfers lower down. Many players in L1 and L2 move for virtually no fees.

Indeed, doing some quick googling suggests that £75k for a NLN/S player is a very good deal

bga

Post by bga » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:15 pm

We have to be realistic despite all the hype. Wonder if any other National League North or South players have ever been transfered for a higher amount, I doubt it but I may be wrong? I am not sure I agree with you that either of the 2 English clubs would have been willing to pay more, he is young and clearly has potential but did he even play a League game for Preston, so unproven I reckon. If it is £75,000 I think that is a fantastic fee.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Then let’s hope we’ve got some fantastic add-ons to the transfer

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Replacement signing is expected to be announced as soon as Heaton’s is tomorrow according to the echo, my money’s on Tom Brewitt.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Is Collins leaving then?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:06 pm

No but with Heaton gone that only leaves us 5 defenders in total, one of those (Collins) is always injured, one is a teenager.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:31 pm

I think that we maybe need to be a bit more realistic if anyone if disappointed by the £75k fee.

Heaton is 22 in a few months, and has already been released by Preston. Bamber Bridge also released/transfer listed him early last season hence why he was playing for clubs like Congleton & Ramsbottom before we picked him up. The only way we'd really be looking at well over £100k would have been if he was 2/3 years younger.

A fantastic move for the lad and one he fully deserves. Hopefully we have a couple more performance related bonuses in his contract plus a sell-on and it'll be a very good deal for both parties.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:

I think that we maybe need to be a bit more realistic if anyone if disappointed by the £75k fee.

Heaton is 22 in a few months, and has already been released by Preston. Bamber Bridge also released/transfer listed him early last season hence why he was playing for clubs like Congleton & Ramsbottom before we picked him up. The only way we'd really be looking at well over £100k would have been if he was 2/3 years younger.

A fantastic move for the lad and one he fully deserves. Hopefully we have a couple more performance related bonuses in his contract plus a sell-on and it'll be a very good deal for both parties.
St Mirren website has to be wrong?
https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all- ... for-saints
"The largest fee Saints have for a player in around 25 years". A quick Google search appears to show they paid £428K for Stephen O'Donnell in season 06/07 or have we really hit the JACKPOT!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:37 pm

And their chairman stated it was a significant outlay .....would not have thought £75k would be that significant by their standards so I wonder if we did receive a bumper fee.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk