Sunderland game tonight

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dfc4me
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sunderland game tonight

Post by dfc4me » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:44 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:A report on the game last night on Look North, that you can download on BBC i player. Although it was very biased towards Sunderland, talked to Sunderland fans before the game, only showed our goal and then Sunderland attacks. Then only talked to their manager and not TW, still what do we expect from the BBC?
TW was interviewed before the match along with our keeper (Pickford connection). Gave a plug to the legends match as well. Caught it just before I left the house Tues night.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 pm

polarbear wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:A report on the game last night on Look North, that you can download on BBC i player. Although it was very biased towards Sunderland, talked to Sunderland fans before the game, only showed our goal and then Sunderland attacks. Then only talked to their manager and not TW, still what do we expect from the BBC?
At least you got a mention v youngsters trialists and lower league players, Spennymoor got nothing v a full strength Boro team
Don’t worry,you’ll get plenty of coverage when Brad and his money pull out and you start the quick journey back to the pitchfork league. :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:40 pm

dfc4me wrote:
TW was interviewed before the match along with our keeper (Pickford connection). Gave a plug to the legends match as well. Caught it just before I left the house Tues night.
Ok must have missed that bit, but my points about the match coverage still stands. We had some great chances which weren't shown, just our goal.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
dfc4me wrote:
Ok must have missed that bit, but my points about the match coverage still stands. We had some great chances which weren't shown, just our goal.
Does it matter? What was the actual editorial ‘story’ they were going for. I saw an article on the BBC about the number of ex Sunderland players in the World Cup quarter finals - was it about Sunderland’s demise in comparison?

Coz if so...they will obviously focus on Sunderland.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Polar bear, you're so cuddly. Haven't you got a forum of your own to moan on?

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
dfc4me wrote:
Pete, seriously, what were you expecting? It's a pre-season friendly between one of the region's many non-league teams and one of the region's several professional teams. You're not going to get extensive highlights. To be honest, based on what you and dfc4me between you noted, the coverage, both pre- and post-match, seems quite generous.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
dfc4me wrote:
Does it matter? What was the actual editorial ‘story’ they were going for. I saw an article on the BBC about the number of ex Sunderland players in the World Cup quarter finals - was it about Sunderland’s demise in comparison?

Coz if so...they will obviously focus on Sunderland.
I think the peg for it was that it was Jack Ross's first game as Sunderland manager, so there was never going to be a massive focus on Darlington. And there was the Pickford link as well. Either way Sunderland were always going to be the bigger story.

Complaining that they didn't show chances from a meaningless pre-season game is indicative of an attitude which is part of the reason our return to Darlington hasn't seen the upturn in attendances we'd have desired.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:20 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:We had some great chances which weren't shown, just our goal.
It wasn't Match of the Day. It was a local news programme and the number of chances that a non-league team created in a meaningless (to the wider public) match is irrelevant for a platform such as this.