Joe Tait

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Joe Tait

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:33 pm

I wonder what happened to him?

When he turned down the new contract at Spendy I thought he must have had something lined up but it doesn't seem so.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

LoidLucan
Posts: 2838
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:45 pm

He's still in hiding after that splendid comedy own goal.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6067
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by loan_star » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:57 pm

LoidLucan wrote:He's still in hiding after that splendid comedy own goal.
To be fair, hiding isn't something I would accuse Tait of. Acting like a knob sometimes yes, hiding no!

Emdubya
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Emdubya » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Tommy has a replacement lined up for Heaton :o :o

poppyfield
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by poppyfield » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Would we welcome Tait back? when he played for us he did ok and I for one was sorry to see him leave , yea I know he can be a bit of a knob but the vibes obviously got to him.
I suppose the question is he good enough player now to join Darlo, would he improve the squad and would he want to take penalties :lol: ?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2712
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:14 pm

poppyfield wrote:Would we welcome Tait back? when he played for us he did ok and I for one was sorry to see him leave , yea I know he can be a bit of a knob but the vibes obviously got to him.
I suppose the question is he good enough player now to join Darlo, would he improve the squad and would he want to take penalties :lol: ?
NO and NO he is a badge kissing short pulling up toss pot

tezza
Posts: 972
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Joe Tait

Post by tezza » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:46 am

His time has passed. Bailed out for the "Heed Shilling" at the wrong time.

Poor Joe "Always an Amateur,...never a Pro"

dickdarlington
Posts: 1473
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:16 am

I'd take him back (on an acceptable wage). He's a very experienced players who we know is more than capable of playing at this level. That experience is something we're lacking in the squad presently. He's also no soft touch. We need a bit more grit at the back. Plus we know he can score goals with his head...oh wait.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1723
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:28 am

dickdarlington wrote:I'd take him back (on an acceptable wage). He's a very experienced players who we know is more than capable of playing at this level. That experience is something we're lacking in the squad presently. He's also no soft touch. We need a bit more grit at the back. Plus we know he can score goals with his head...oh wait.
Cannot see how it would work for him financially if he came to us unless he is still employed at GAS which is Brad Groves company.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Allan Quatermain
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Allan Quatermain » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:35 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:I'd take him back (on an acceptable wage). He's a very experienced players who we know is more than capable of playing at this level. That experience is something we're lacking in the squad presently. He's also no soft touch. We need a bit more grit at the back. Plus we know he can score goals with his head...oh wait.
Cannot see how it would work for him financially if he came to us unless he is still employed at GAS which is Brad Groves company.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
We've signed Burn from Bristol Rovers now so this is probably a moot point.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

LoidLucan
Posts: 2838
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:07 am

Don't know what eventually happened with Tait but Bradley Fewster rejected Spendy's offer to stay if he took a wage cut and has joined Blyth.

Darlo_CR
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Darlo_CR » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Guess who’s on trial for York tonight..

quakerman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by quakerman » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:46 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:Guess who’s on trial for York tonight..


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

quakerman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by quakerman » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:Guess who’s on trial for York tonight..
Whoever it is has scored for them.According to tweets, the trialist is having a good game.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darlo_CR
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Darlo_CR » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:49 pm

He's also just scored them, in the correct net this time.

LoidLucan
Posts: 2838
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:41 pm

Looks very much like he'll be signing.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4596
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:51 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Looks very much like he'll be signing.
No one cares.

Tait left us years ago, and only a handful of obsessives, who bizarrely still can't get over MG, give a stuff about York.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1623
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:30 am

I think some wanted him to sign for us.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4596
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:34 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:I think some wanted him to sign for us.
Except we signed Burn a few weeks back, so Tait returning was never going to happen.

It's more the case that this will be just another reason for The Obsessives to get wound up about York and MG.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11868
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:07 am

York are welcome to Tait, we won't improve there defensive line and it just goes to show the quality of Gray's signings.

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:27 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:I think some wanted him to sign for us.
Except we signed Burn a few weeks back, so Tait returning was never going to happen.

It's more the case that this will be just another reason for The Obsessives to get wound up about York and MG.
You're as obsessive about the so called "obsessives", as the so called "obsessives" are about Gray.

PS Fuck Gray, I hope he fails worse than any of the biggest failures in history. Popcorn at the ready for this season, York City followed on twitter, Red and Blue Net bookmarked, bring it on.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

tezza
Posts: 972
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Joe Tait

Post by tezza » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:38 am

Two of yesterdays men ... nothing to see here ...move on

Darlogramps
Posts: 4596
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:00 am

Quakerz wrote: You're as obsessive about the so called "obsessives", as the so called "obsessives" are about Gray.
Hardly. I simply can't understand why, 10 months after his departure, people are still commenting on every move MG and York makes.
It's bemusement, not obsession.

And I'll keep expressing that opinion to The Obsessives, however much it winds you up.
Quakerz wrote: PS Fuck Gray, I hope he fails worse than any of the biggest failures in history. Popcorn at the ready for this season, York City followed on twitter, Red and Blue Net bookmarked, bring it on.
I said a few months ago MG was driving certain Darlington supporters mad. This is exactly what I'm talking about.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:34 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Quakerz wrote: You're as obsessive about the so called "obsessives", as the so called "obsessives" are about Gray.
Hardly. I simply can't understand why, 10 months after his departure, people are still commenting on every move MG and York makes.
It's bemusement, not obsession.

And I'll keep expressing that opinion to The Obsessives, however much it winds you up.
LOL you think you're winding me up? I couldn't care less mate, I'm happy to be classed as an "obsessive" if that's what you want to call me because I can't stand him.

I just find it funny that you go on and on about the "obsessives" that's all. You say you're not obsessive but bemused, though...

Well I'm bemused too.

I'm bemused as to how the ferret faced fuck is still in a job when he has a full time budget in a part time league and he's lost more matches than he's won!
Darlogramps wrote:
Quakerz wrote: PS Fuck Gray, I hope he fails worse than any of the biggest failures in history. Popcorn at the ready for this season, York City followed on twitter, Red and Blue Net bookmarked, bring it on.
I said a few months ago MG was driving certain Darlington supporters mad. This is exactly what I'm talking about.
Wibble. :lol:

I don't like the bloke and to be honest I'm over egging it a little bit for fun.

However, I'll stop now because I don't want this descending into a full blown, backward and forward, dull as fuck "grampathon"
Last edited by Quakerz on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AndyPark
Posts: 11466
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:43 am

Grampathon :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11868
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:49 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:I think some wanted him to sign for us.
Except we signed Burn a few weeks back, so Tait returning was never going to happen.

It's more the case that this will be just another reason for The Obsessives to get wound up about York and MG.
And you weren't obsessed with getting rid of TW? :roll:

Darlogramps
Posts: 4596
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:01 am

Quakerz wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Quakerz wrote: You're as obsessive about the so called "obsessives", as the so called "obsessives" are about Gray.
Hardly. I simply can't understand why, 10 months after his departure, people are still commenting on every move MG and York makes.
It's bemusement, not obsession.

And I'll keep expressing that opinion to The Obsessives, however much it winds you up.
LOL you think you're winding me up? I couldn't give a shitt mate, I'm happy to be classed as an "obsessive" if that's what you want to call me because I hate the cunnt.

I just find it funny that you go on and on about the "obsessives" that's all. You say you're not obsessive but bemused, though...
Evidently, given the nerve I've touched, you clearly do get wound up by the suggestion you're obsessed, given the level of namecalling and swearing you've sunk to.

As for your "I know you're an obsessive, but what am I?" routine, it's a bit old hat. Take an accusation and throw it back on someone. Children do it in the playground.

Sadly your MG obsession is dragging you down Q.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps
Posts: 4596
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:03 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:I think some wanted him to sign for us.
Except we signed Burn a few weeks back, so Tait returning was never going to happen.

It's more the case that this will be just another reason for The Obsessives to get wound up about York and MG.
And you weren't obsessed with getting rid of TW? :roll:
Pete, given the weird grudges you hold against other clubs, I don't think you should be suggesting to anyone they're obsessed about anything.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:20 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Quakerz wrote: You're as obsessive about the so called "obsessives", as the so called "obsessives" are about Gray.
Hardly. I simply can't understand why, 10 months after his departure, people are still commenting on every move MG and York makes.
It's bemusement, not obsession.

And I'll keep expressing that opinion to The Obsessives, however much it winds you up.
LOL you think you're winding me up? I couldn't give a shitt mate, I'm happy to be classed as an "obsessive" if that's what you want to call me because I hate the cunnt.

I just find it funny that you go on and on about the "obsessives" that's all. You say you're not obsessive but bemused, though...
Evidently, given the nerve I've touched, you clearly do get wound up by the suggestion you're obsessed, given the level of namecalling and swearing you've sunk to.

As for your "I know you're an obsessive, but what am I?" routine, it's a bit old hat. Take an accusation and throw it back on someone. Children do it in the playground.

Sadly your MG obsession is dragging you down Q.
As it happens, I edited out some of the swearing and Gray namecalling before you even replied - because I was only doing that to exaggerate my point to you that I don't like him. I re-read it and in in hindsight I thought it a bit unneccessary - as you already know my position on him.

However, that aside, why did you feel the need to turn away from that subject and post an assumption about me "given the nerve I've touched"

Believe me, (or not) my nerves are untouched, this is nothing more than two blokes disagreeing on the internet, big deal.

And so the seed of another "grampathon" is sown, because I just know from experience that you're not going to be able to leave it at that.
Last edited by Quakerz on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlogramps
Posts: 4596
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:25 am

Quakerz wrote:
And so the seed of another "grampathon" is sown.
You were the one who said you didn't want a long argument. You can't get involved in an argument and then complain when people reply.

Either don't respond, or don't complain when I reply to you. You can't have it both ways.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Post Reply