Joe Tait

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Tait

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:38 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
And so the seed of another "grampathon" is sown.
You were the one who said you didn't want a long argument. You can't get involved in an argument and then complain when people reply.

Either don't respond, or don't complain when I reply to you. You can't have it both ways.
One day I might want to argue or debate or agree with you (sometimes you make points that I agree with). Another day I might not be bothered about engaging with you.

I might even say I don't want an argument then change my mind on the same thread. People are allowed to change their minds right?

I changed my mind on TW for example. It happens.

Now, without wanting to come across as if I didn't want an argument, but then did, but then didn't again - I have to go now 8-) I'm a bit busy with other stuff and will end up distracted.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:I think some wanted him to sign for us.
Except we signed Burn a few weeks back, so Tait returning was never going to happen.

It's more the case that this will be just another reason for The Obsessives to get wound up about York and MG.
And you weren't obsessed with getting rid of TW? :roll:
Pete, given the weird grudges you hold against other clubs, I don't think you should be suggesting to anyone they're obsessed about anything.
I have got my reasons for disliking other clubs, it's not an obsession, well apart from Carlisle. :D

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Bloody hell, just watch the Gray interview post Leeds game and they have got in Ex Boro Parnaby for strength and condtioning - how many more staff are going to join the York gravy train. I thought they were supposed to be working to a break even budget - how can they employ all this staff.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:22 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Bloody hell, just watch the Gray interview post Leeds game and they have got in Ex Boro Parnaby for strength and condtioning - how many more staff are going to join the York gravy train. I thought they were supposed to be working to a break even budget - how can they employ all this staff.
I have no doubt that in a few years time he will be telling the world how he paid for it himself and that it was necessary as the club had financial difficulties and could not progress without his generous intervention.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:33 pm

When Gray signs Tait, he will have a first team squad kept down to a mere 24 to choose from. He says he's pretty much there then.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:08 pm

LoidLucan wrote:When Gray signs Tait, he will have a first team squad kept down to a mere 24 to choose from. He says he's pretty much there then.
York should be name York head. They are like a Gateshead tribute act. Anything other than play offs for York this season would surely lead to grays sacking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:33 pm

It's the close season isn't it? We were lucky it was a World Cup year but now there's nowt to talk about we're entitled to get a bit obsessed aren't we? To be fair Pete has never liked Carlisle! Personally I'm now ambivalent to Martin's fate but I'd have a smile if he fails to deliver.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:12 pm

LoidLucan wrote:When Gray signs Tait, he will have a first team squad kept down to a mere 24 to choose from. He says he's pretty much there then.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2018072 ... 432445.jpg[/img]
Done well to get a full time contract

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:27 am

Starting to look like a star signing by Gray for York City - mid August sees Tait top of York Press player of the month (& year) awards, joint second top scorer (1) and only 1 yellow card. Doesn't say much for the rest of his squad......

divas

Post by divas » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:34 am

Exactly - shows how bad they are.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:16 pm

divas wrote:Exactly - shows how bad they are.
York are bad! We went to the York/Curzon game today and Curzon were the better side. York were weak at the back, missing in midfield and had to rely on Big John P to slowly turn (resembling an out of condition oil tanker) then plough his way into the box to score.

Some of York's players were shockingly inept and I'm not sure I would have any of them in our team apart from Bartlett, who pulled off two great saves.

F.Y.I. Darlogramps - the York team and manager were on occasions booed :thumbup: Which was enjoyable :)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:32 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
York are bad! We went to the York/Curzon game today and Curzon were the better side. York were weak at the back, missing in midfield and had to rely on Big John P to slowly turn (resembling an out of condition oil tanker) then plough his way into the box to score.

Some of York's players were shockingly inept and I'm not sure I would have any of them in our team apart from Bartlett, who pulled off two great saves.

F.Y.I. Darlogramps - the York team and manager were on occasions booed Image Which was enjoyable :)
OK - thanks for that.

We'll start booing Saint Tommy soon enough if he keeps up his current record.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:03 pm

Martin Gray is a ferret little c*** and wouldn't go to games because of that ignorant twat Wanker spunk filled knob head ugly sweaty midget sucking cocksucker

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:20 pm

Tell us how you really feel.....
notgnilrad wrote:Martin Gray is a ferret little c*** and wouldn't go to games because of that ignorant twat Wanker spunk filled knob head ugly sweaty midget sucking cocksucker

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:14 pm

Apart from that he was ok I suppose...

Rat faced weasel. :lol:

Spyman wrote:Tell us how you really feel.....
notgnilrad wrote:Martin Gray is a ferret little c*** and wouldn't go to games because of that ignorant twat Wanker spunk filled knob head ugly sweaty midget sucking cocksucker

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Mr Tait had a bit of a "Mare" today!

Cock up No 1) 1 nil down at home V Kidderminster, York at last manage to put together an attacking move. A shot goes through on goal, beats the keeper but Joe sticks his foot out for the coup de grace and sends the ball wide - and he was offside too.

Meanwhile up at the other end, cock up No 2) K'minster's tricky no 11 weaves his way towards the goal then sends in a scuffed shot that Bartlett looks to have under control, but Joe sticks his foot out and Bartlett seems to get put off and now York are 2 down.

York end up losing 3 nil and look weak all across the park.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:21 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Mr Tait had a bit of a "Mare" today!

Cock up No 1) 1 nil down at home V Kidderminster, York at last manage to put together an attacking move. A shot goes through on goal, beats the keeper but Joe sticks his foot out for the coup de grace and sends the ball wide - and he was offside too.

Meanwhile up at the other end, cock up No 2) K'minster's tricky no 11 weaves his way towards the goal then sends in a scuffed shot that Bartlett looks to have under control, but Joe sticks his foot out and Bartlett seems to get put off and now York are 2 down.

York end up losing 3 nil and look weak all across the park.
Oh dear just seem the highlights, not a good day at the office for Mr Tait - however Kidderminster destroyed York - on this performance I think York may struggle to make the playoffs.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman