Brackley Away Sat

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Brackley Away Sat

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:29 am

Been thinking about this and are the northern based squad/staff traveling down in a mini bus or the supporters coach surely it will save us a few quid..

poppyfield

Re: Brackley Away Sat

Post by poppyfield » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 pm

So what's the thinking as regards LB, for me Galbraith slots in then we either give Vaulks a start or Ainge goes in at CB, thoughts ?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Or we get Hughes to slot in at CB , I think he’s played there before, could be wrong on that, I believe it’s important to keep the line up the same apart from enforced changes

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Looking at the video of their match last night, Brackley could have hit double figures had they taken more of the many chances they created. They carved Alfreton open time and again.
As far as full-back goes, Trotman is comfortable with both feet and could do a job on the left and Elliott could slot in at right-back. That way you don't disturb the central defensive partnership that did well for large parts last night.

Darlo Fonz

Post by Darlo Fonz » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Looking at the video of their match last night, Brackley could have hit double figures had they taken more of the many chances they created. They carved Alfreton open time and again.
As far as full-back goes, Trotman is comfortable with both feet and could do a job on the left and Elliott could slot in at right-back. That way you don't disturb the central defensive partnership that did well for large parts last night.
Certainly going to be a tough game having watched their highlights from last night. They look scary going forward but suspect at the back. Will take a point!
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:21 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Looking at the video of their match last night, Brackley could have hit double figures had they taken more of the many chances they created. They carved Alfreton open time and again.
But you do disturb the central midfield partnership....

Tough one. Where is Burn(s)?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

en passant

Post by en passant » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:00 am

Darlo are on a decent run away from home having gone unbeaten for 6 games. The last defeat was to...Brackley. In that game, although we lost 3-0, we played well but lacked a real goal threat without Styche and Thommo. They got a fortunate deflected goal to start with but Darlo had good chances to equalise before finally getting done chasing the game late on. Hopefully carrying a bigger goal threat this time around might give us a better chance of matching them.
As for the team, as the formation we were playing last year seemed so effective away from home, why not revert to Styche up front with Syers behind and drop Ainge back into defence. It doesn't prevent going back to 4-4-2 if that proves a better option as the game progresses, but might give a bit more in the middle in the early stages to prevent getting overrun, yet still carry the threat of the late arriving Syers if we break forward.
It will be a tough test and it would be great to get away with a point.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:14 am

I'd move Galbraith to left back and put Vaulks or Burns in the centre of defence. Agree with others this game will be tough.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:38 am

Perhaps Martin Gray would do us a favour and loan us Ferguson as cover whilst O'Hanlon serves his ban? Ferguson only warming the bench these days so may fancy a run out as I expect Brackley to keep our defence rather busy. :roll: :P

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:50 am

Having thought about it, I would slot Vaulks in push Galbraith to LB this is less disruption to the team, and its about time Vaulks was given a start.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

DARLO333

Post by DARLO333 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:12 am

Burns has got a back injury I think, but I don't know how long he was expected to be out. Given that I'd like to see Vaulks given a chance and Tez moved on to the left.

However listening to Tommys interview after the opening game he certainly sees the situation as a bit of a problem and Vaulks name wasn't mentioned as a solution.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:50 am

Lets just hope his solution isn't to go to three at the back with Trotman and AN Other as wing-backs. That would probably mean putting Henshall or Thompson in a wing-back position which sounds to me like a terrible idea.

Galbraith out to left-back with Ainge dropping back and Syers in behind Styche would probably be my choice. You keep Ainge's aerial threat for set-pieces and he brings a bit of leadership to the defence by the sounds of it.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Jonny BURN

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:33 am

Thought burn needed a scan because he’s still feeling his injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am

Do hope people don’t over react if we lose against Brackley on Saturday. This is not a game I expect us to get any points from.

Curzon Ashton, Altrincham and Ashton United are the games I had earmarked for points in August. Clearly opening day was a disappointed if we can get something against Blyth / Kidderminster to make up for it I’d be happy but don’t expect anything from Saturday.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:42 am

lo36789 wrote:Do hope people don’t over react if we lose against Brackley on Saturday. This is not a game I expect us to get any points from.

Curzon Ashton, Altrincham and Ashton United are the games I had earmarked for points in August. Clearly opening day was a disappointed if we can get something against Blyth / Kidderminster to make up for it I’d be happy but don’t expect anything from Saturday.
Good call, as I think some posters not mentioning names, will start to panic if as expected we lose on Saturday. It's a marathon not a sprint as the saying goes.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:38 am

lo36789 wrote:Do hope people don’t over react if we lose against Brackley on Saturday. This is not a game I expect us to get any points from.

Fat chance of no overreaction from some Darlo fans. The usual suspects will be out in force predicting relegation. These same people were doing their usual stuff on Facebook after we “only” got a point at big spending Spenny the other night.
Sometimes I don’t know if these people are genuinely stupid or just do it to get reactions from more level headed supporters.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:04 pm

loan_star wrote:

Fat chance of no overreaction from some Darlo fans. The usual suspects will be out in force predicting relegation. These same people were doing their usual stuff on Facebook after we “only” got a point at big spending Spenny the other night.
Sometimes I don’t know if these people are genuinely stupid or just do it to get reactions from more level headed supporters.
What's the betting we see the first 'Wright out!' if we lose on Sat?

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:33 pm

I think it would be fair to say this might be our hardest game of the season. Brackley have to be among the favourites for the league. I wouldn't expect us to get much tomorrow regardless of where we finish in the league.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Would be delighted with a point.

Fancy us to stuff Blyth though.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:46 pm

To be honest it's a friendly place to visit and the small number of fans it has are good craic but I wish someone would chuck them into the National South where they belong. How on earth a club based near Silverstone can be in a North league is beyond me and that's got nothing to do with the fact that Allan Leighton's millions allow them to punch well above their weight (two signings from Football League clubs yesterday) :D. In fact I'm going to blame Mike Amos and his short-sighted home in time for tea approach to the Northern League for helping to cause these kind of problems further up the pyramid where we end up playing what are virtually cockneys .... and heavily bankrolled cockneys to boot :evil:

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:56 pm

LoidLucan wrote:To be honest it's a friendly place to visit and the small number of fans it has are good craic but I wish someone would chuck them into the National South where they belong. How on earth a club based near Silverstone can be in a North league is beyond me and that's got nothing to do with the fact that Allan Leighton's millions allow them to punch well above their weight (two signings from Football League clubs yesterday) :D. In fact I'm going to blame Mike Amos and his short-sighted home in time for tea approach to the Northern League for helping to cause these kind of problems further up the pyramid where we end up playing what are virtually cockneys .... and heavily bankrolled cockneys to boot :evil:

Think yourself lucky that Bishop Stortford, Gloucester & Oxford City are no longer in National League North. There was a spell when virtually every team at Step 2 North of a line from the M25 to Bristol was in NLN

The big problem with the boundary was not down to Amos, but to the FA and the structure of the pyramid.

They had 2 Southern based leagues ( Isthmian League & Southern League) promoting 4 southern teams into Step 2, and only 2 Northern teams promoting teams.

NLN & NLS each relegate 3 teams, but only 2 Northern and 4 Southern teams came up so that each year the number of Southern teams at step 2 would increase. Thus pushing the boundary/ balance of clubs further south each year.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Just hope some of these twats have Blyth away on a Tuesday night in December or January :D

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 pm

LoidLucan wrote:To be honest it's a friendly place to visit and the small number of fans it has are good craic but I wish someone would chuck them into the National South where they belong. How on earth a club based near Silverstone can be in a North league is beyond me and that's got nothing to do with the fact that Allan Leighton's millions allow them to punch well above their weight (two signings from Football League clubs yesterday) :D. In fact I'm going to blame Mike Amos and his short-sighted home in time for tea approach to the Northern League for helping to cause these kind of problems further up the pyramid where we end up playing what are virtually cockneys .... and heavily bankrolled cockneys to boot :evil:
What about Hereford??

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:20 am

Brackley are one of the best teams in this league so would be a great point if we can get a draw down there. TW has a cunning plan by signing players from down south so it reduces travelling time to away matches. Baldrick would have been proud of that one ;)
Nevertheless, up the Quakers! Hope they put up a good show for all the Exiles who will be going to support them.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:31 am

jjljks wrote:Brackley are one of the best teams in this league so would be a great point if we can get a draw down there. TW has a cunning plan by signing players from down south so it reduces travelling time to away matches. Baldrick would have been proud of that one ;)
Nevertheless, up the Quakers! Hope they put up a good show for all the Exiles who will be going to support them.
What about them travelling North to train and play the northern teams..Image

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:47 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
What about Hereford??

[nerd mode]
Hereford's ground is further North than Brackley.

Edgar Street is at latitude 52 degrees 3'38.59 North
St James Park, Brackley is at latitude 52 degrees 1'28.538 North

Thus making Edgar Street slightly further North

Right, time to go back to re - organising my collection of Wisden Cricket Almanacks before heading out train spotting[/nerd mode]

PS Both grounds are a bloody long hike from Co Durham

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Poor geography, 68 miles to London. Hardly cockneys!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:43 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Just hope some of these twats have Blyth away on a Tuesday night in December or January :D
Blyth are clever though....

BBC teletext are having them down as playing two matches today.

They are at home V Chester in the league but also simultaneously playing Glasshoughton Welfare away in the F.A. Cup!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:10 pm

68 miles? Close enough to have a Pearly King and Queen and a pie and mash shop in my book :D