Brackley Away Sat

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Brackley Away Sat

Post by quakerman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:57 pm

lo36789 wrote:Great result - and another great Styche story with him pledging £50 if he scored a hat trick and duly did!

Makes up for the Curzon defeat anyway...
Fantastic result and looking at today’s results, this league is wide open.Roll on Wednesday, cannot wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:35 pm

4 points from 3 games (2 away to full time teams) is a decent return. I'll take that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:36 pm

joejaques wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Great result - and another great Styche story with him pledging £50 if he scored a hat trick and duly did!

Makes up for the Curzon defeat anyway...
Pledging £50 to what? :roll:
His own wages?

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Elliott and Wheatley is a real high-energy pairing in midfield and they'll only get stronger. They just don't seem to run out of steam. The return of O'Hanlon will create a real selection poser for TW in defence as it sounded like Burn was excellent today and both Collins and Galbraith have been playing well. Good problem to have though.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Spyman wrote:4 points from 3 games (2 away to full time teams) is a decent return. I'll take that.

Don’t think Spenny are full time but 2 very tough away fixtures out of the way early doors is brilliant.Superb result today which will send a message to the rest without a shadow of doubt.Once Henshall is fully fit, is there a better forward line than ours in this league and Johnny Burn coming in makes us stronger at the back.Tough decision for Tommy with O’Hanlon available but how do you drop anyone after that.
Looking forward to the Chester duo’s comments after Blythes 8 breakaway goals,the York message board and probably the Poole Bunker plus TW’s post match comments.Up the Quakers...roll on Wednesday.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Brackley aren’t full-time either.

Regardless, a fantastic performance. First 45 was explosive.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Brackley aren’t full-time either.

Spendy essentially are when they offer a lucrative part time contract with a full time job working for the Chairman’s company, a la Joe Tait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Think that’s the only player they’ve done that with.

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Sounds like another good performance, and it’s great to get our first win of the season.

I wasn’t expecting much from today being totally honest, but it sounds like we were clincial.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Brackley aren’t full-time either.

Both part time teams paying full time vibes, so essentially full time.

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:51 pm

But not actually full-time.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Does it really matter whether full or part-time as long as we keep pushing the boundaries and improving picking up points then it's all to the good of Darlington fc. Onwards and upwards with the darlo looking forward to Wednesday night.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Brilliant result and as others have said completely unexpected. I think to have got 4 points from two very difficult away games is fantastic. Bet TW was buzzing after that result. How many Darlo fans were at the game?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:20 pm

How very us.

Lose to an 'easier' team last weekend. Stuff one of the promotion favourites this weekend.

Excellent result and important to get the first win under our belts. On to the next one.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:52 pm

Darlogramps wrote:How very us.

Lose to an 'easier' team last weekend. Stuff one of the promotion favourites this weekend.

Excellent result and important to get the first win under our belts. On to the next one.
I don't get the notion of "easier teams"NO team is easy you have to earn the right teams in this league are no push overs yes we/they all have off days it's how you recover and respond..

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Brilliant performance by all the team. Elliot and Wheatley ran the midfield not giving their guys a moment. Collins and Burn won most of the headers and defended fairly stoutly. Burn deserves a mention for playing so well in his first league match for us. Both full backs were quality although noticably Tez didn't travel as far forward as Trotman probably sensibly. Tommo was his usual brilliant self. Henshall looked decent but needed to get on the ball a bit more. Styche and Ainge, well there is not a better pair in the league and this was just game 3! Keeper played his part too with a good save at 4-2. Cannot complain. Well apart from the ref, some of her decisions were interesting to say the least. One when Ainge was chopped down from behind and she gave a free kick against him and when she was about to book Nicholson for 'timewasting' when the linesman told him to put the ball down!

Sensible substitutions too...let's hope this continues!

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Darlobaz79 wrote:Brilliant performance by all the team. Elliot and Wheatley ran the midfield not giving their guys a moment. Collins and Burn won most of the headers and defended fairly stoutly. Burn deserves a mention for playing so well in his first league match for us. Both full backs were quality although noticably Tez didn't travel as far forward as Trotman probably sensibly. Tommo was his usual brilliant self. Henshall looked decent but needed to get on the ball a bit more. Styche and Ainge, well there is not a better pair in the league and this was just game 3! Keeper played his part too with a good save at 4-2. Cannot complain. Well apart from the ref, some of her decisions were interesting to say the least. One when Ainge was chopped down from behind and she gave a free kick against him and when she was about to book Nicholson for 'timewasting' when the linesman told him to put the ball down!

Sensible substitutions too...let's hope this continues!
seeing as i was right behind you in my letterbox, well said

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:23 pm

simon samplers still hovering like a knob

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:27 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:How very us.

I don't get the notion of "easier teams"NO team is easy you have to earn the right teams in this league are no push overs yes we/they all have off days it's how you recover and respond..
Brackley won the FA Trophy, finished runners-up in the play-offs, tipped to be promotion contenders and are generally considered one of the stronger sides in the division.

By contrast, Curzon Ashton are not expected to do particularly well. Before the season, more Darlo fans would have predicted we'd beat Curzon rather than Brackley.

Put simply, Brackley are a better team than Curzon (therefore Curzon are easier to play). But as we've seen, individual games throw up unexpected and unpredictable results.

So given the notion of 'easier' teams confuses you, view it in that context instead.

In an individual game, you're right, anyone can beat anyone. But when you look generally, Curzon are undoubtedly an easier opponent than Brackley.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:14 am

What a result.

I couldnt make the game yesterday but remember it as a b****** of a place to get to last season.
Chuffed that all the Darlo fans who made the journey got rewarded for their support.

The players better not slack off at Kiddy next weekend ;)

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:43 am

Only 3 games in but the league has a topsy-tervy look to it at the moment. The likes of York, Southport, Brackley, Kidderminster all bottom half and Leamington, Ashton, Hereford up near the top. Obviously this will change a fair bit but just shows how competitive this league can be! By the end of September results should provide more of a guide to where most teams will be going.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:11 am

It's a good job so many darlo fans made the trip, it could have been the league, s lowest crowd, 579 I think was the number mentioned. How do Brackley afford to play in this league. Well played Darlington fc, onto Wednesday and blyth.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:52 am

onewayup wrote:It's a good job so many darlo fans made the trip, it could have been the league, s lowest crowd, 579 I think was the number mentioned. How do Brackley afford to play in this league. Well played Darlington fc, onto Wednesday and blyth.
They can afford to play in this league on piss poor crowds the same way Spendy can.A millionaire backer.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Emdubya wrote:
onewayup wrote:It's a good job so many darlo fans made the trip, it could have been the league, s lowest crowd, 579 I think was the number mentioned. How do Brackley afford to play in this league. Well played Darlington fc, onto Wednesday and blyth.
They can afford to play in this league on piss poor crowds the same way Spendy can.A millionaire backer.
Which no one should have a problem with, as long as the club us run in a sustainable method, I'm that it's not loans then it shouldn't matter where they get their funds.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:20 pm

shawry wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
Which no one should have a problem with, as long as the club us run in a sustainable method, I'm that it's not loans then it shouldn't matter where they get their funds.

How is it sustainable when one man is paying the bills?
Good luck to them and Spendy,they’ve found people willing to fund them,but it aint “sustainable “.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:22 pm

Emdubya wrote:
shawry wrote:
Emdubya wrote:

How is it sustainable when one man is paying the bills?
Good luck to them and Spendy,they’ve found people willing to fund them,but it aint “sustainable “.
It's sustainable as long as he keeps putting money in. If for example he makes that amount of money a year from his other businesses, and will keep putting that in, it's sustainable.

It's perhaps not "self-sustainable" in that the income isn't directly coming from the football clubs activities, but then neither are we - we still rely heavily on donations.

DC

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:13 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:What a result.

I couldnt make the game yesterday but remember it as a b****** of a place to get to last season.
Chuffed that all the Darlo fans who made the journey got rewarded for their support.

The players better not slack off at Kiddy next weekend ;)
Should be a goal fest on Weds night

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Just need to keep McGuire quiet and confident we can get the 3 points with our attacking threat.Cannot see Tommy changing that starting lineup.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:44 pm

Highlights from the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wINP2VvQOLE

Hapag Loid
Team Supported: Darlington & Shanghai SIPG

Post by Hapag Loid » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:12 pm

TFDM wrote:Highlights from the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wINP2VvQOLE
Was that Ainge with the headers for the second and third? Looks like he and Styche have the makings of a formidable strike partnership if so...teams are going to go all-out to avoid conceding goalkicks on that evidence!

Those nifty finishes for the first and fourth suggests we have an alternative to hoofballs too. Early days but very encouraging!

4 points will definitely do me. Considering we were apparently going to be lucky to avoid relegation after the first game , the fact that Spennymoor will have been pumped up for weeks about their cup final against us and Brackley's calibre, I'd say it's a half-decent start.