Galbraith

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Alfie
Team Supported: Darlington

Galbraith

Post by Alfie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Any news on his injury?

Wasn't there yesterday but for those that were - do you think Galbraith going off early had any significant effect, or were our problems more deep seated?

petenita

Re: Galbraith

Post by petenita » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Galbraith was holding the defence together plus taking corners from both sides, we were doing much better before he went off injured

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:57 pm

petenita wrote:Galbraith was holding the defence together plus taking corners from both sides, we were doing much better before he went off injured
I don't think we play better at any stage of yesterday, we started off badly and just continued, but he was the best of a bad bunch in defence. Anybody notice in the first half how one of their players went round Collins, although he may of been carrying an injury by that point of the game. Hughes didn't look too pleased to be substituted as he smashed the dugout.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:11 am

Galbraith probably MOTM as only on 15 mins and score was 0-0. If awarded over 90mns then perhaps Maddison as could have been 1-7 but i did not hear any award announced at the end of the game.
Just hope Galbraith injury was a case of severe cramp as he had run himself into the ground covering other people's mistakes.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:01 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
petenita wrote:Galbraith was holding the defence together plus taking corners from both sides, we were doing much better before he went off injured
I don't think we play better at any stage of yesterday, we started off badly and just continued, but he was the best of a bad bunch in defence. Anybody notice in the first half how one of their players went round Collins, although he may of been carrying an injury by that point of the game. Hughes didn't look too pleased to be substituted as he smashed the dugout.
Probably because it looked like Tommy caved in to the lynch mob baying for Hughes blood.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:54 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Probably because it looked like Tommy caved in to the lynch mob baying for Hughes blood.
Come on Harry - Hughes' performance was inept at best. Lynch mob or not, he thoroughly deserved to be subbed.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:00 pm

As did 8 others. I was just pointing out why he might have been unhappy.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:32 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
If that is the case then he shouldn't be in charge if irate supporters are making decisions for him.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:33 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
More probably Tommy saw what most of the rest of us saw that the bloke’s not up to it.Maybe if he lost the extra 2 stone or so he is humping about he might be something like,but at the moment he looks like a Dog and Duck league player.
Hopefully the guy can sort himself out or he needs to be down the road.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:24 am

Hughes did play a few games for Barrow in a back 3. He’s obviously got decent aerial ability and plenty of presence - I wonder with the current injury crisis whether he’d worth trying out at the back alongside Galbraith or Burn when Ainge will have to revert to CF against Telford. At least he won’t have to cover as much ground there. I’m not actually sure he’s carrying that much weight now - he’s slimmed down since pre season but still looks less mobile than Leon. Just doesn’t look suited to midfield at all to me, especially with how TW wants to play.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:40 am

He just does not have the mobility to play in midfield and like Divas has said, he could be an option at the back as cover.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:46 am

Found this from 2 years ago when he signed for ICT. He’s obviously had some well documented issues since then but has shown he’s willing to make sacrifices to make it work here by moving. There’s obviously a player in there somewhere
Cambridge fan here and just want to say you are getting one heck of a player and a top fella. The press are listing Liam as an attacking midfielder but he has played just about every position for us. I'd say his best position is a deep lying centre mid or centre def. As his record shows he isn't a massive goal scorer but he has great creativity can certainly pick a pass to unlock a defence. Not afraid to get stuck in and mix it when he has to but certainly not dirty in anyway. He's tall and we regularly put him up against tall strikers when defending corners or goal kicks and he won a LOT more than he lost. He's got a good engine and as you've seen from the video has a shot on him like a kicking horse. We really don't understand the logic in letting him go. He's been a stalwart for the last 2-3 years but a new manager has come in and bombed him & a few others straight out of the team without ever looking at them in a game and replaced them with a number of untried premier league youngsters, none of whom are setting the world alight.

One thing you really will get from him is a real connection with the fans, he'll always be happy to have photos taken or sign autographs. Any kids that ask him will get asked if they play, what position etc and he gives a real sense of being genuinely interested in their answers.

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:14 am

divas wrote:Hughes did play a few games for Barrow in a back 3. He’s obviously got decent aerial ability and plenty of presence - I wonder with the current injury crisis whether he’d worth trying out at the back alongside Galbraith or Burn when Ainge will have to revert to CF against Telford. At least he won’t have to cover as much ground there. I’m not actually sure he’s carrying that much weight now - he’s slimmed down since pre season but still looks less mobile than Leon. Just doesn’t look suited to midfield at all to me, especially with how TW wants to play.
I definitely think he is worth a shot at centre back, especially as Ainge is wasted in that position.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:40 am

Beano wrote:
divas wrote:Hughes did play a few games for Barrow in a back 3. He’s obviously got decent aerial ability and plenty of presence - I wonder with the current injury crisis whether he’d worth trying out at the back alongside Galbraith or Burn when Ainge will have to revert to CF against Telford. At least he won’t have to cover as much ground there. I’m not actually sure he’s carrying that much weight now - he’s slimmed down since pre season but still looks less mobile than Leon. Just doesn’t look suited to midfield at all to me, especially with how TW wants to play.
I definitely think he is worth a shot at centre back, especially as Ainge is wasted in that position.
Agreed with that big fella Denton coming, it might be the right time to try Hughes at CB, its got to be worth a try, you never know this could be , 'why didn't we play him there before' situations, and as we are leaking goals anyway its got to be a shot.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:57 am

Alan White's interview after Ashton is very interesting. He likes Ainge in there as he organises the defence and wants a centre half who can just head the ball away and organise the others. However, he understands that Ainge will have to revert back to forward, but he'd rather he didn't. His alternative is to bring someone in as the others haven't stepped up to the plate. I'm guessing this means Burn/Collins who haven't stepped up. A big, strong centre back - Beano has suggested give Liam Hughes a go here as he has played there before. Why not?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:25 pm

For Alfreton I suspect we will stick with Ainge and Burn.

We're definitely going to have a problem for Telford though, if Styche is missing and Galbraith still isn't fit. If we stick with Ainge at the back then we'd be toothless up front (no disrespect to Saunders but I can't see him doing much up front on his own)

We really need Ainge back up front for that match, so perhaps try Hughes at the back then, or try and get a defender in on loan for a month.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:10 pm

Quakerz wrote:For Alfreton I suspect we will stick with Ainge and Burn.

We're definitely going to have a problem for Telford though, if Styche is missing and Galbraith still isn't fit. If we stick with Ainge at the back then we'd be toothless up front (no disrespect to Saunders but I can't see him doing much up front on his own)

We really need Ainge back up front for that match, so perhaps try Hughes at the back then, or try and get a defender in on loan for a month.
Saunders, for all his endeavour, offers very little. I would argue we also have better options from the bench than Harvey.

Ainge *has* to start up front in Styche’s absence, ideally with Syers playing off him.