Caton watch

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MikeinBlack2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Caton watch

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:18 am

tdk1 wrote:But there was a youth keeper on the bench so you'd assume that's one slot taken up regardless.
I didn't realise.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Caton's just started a degree course based around football at the Etihad Stadium campus. Doesnt look like he'll be heading back this way.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:30 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Caton's just started a degree course based around football at the Etihad Stadium campus. Doesnt look like he'll be heading back this way.
He did play for Dover maybe they would take him on loan

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:05 pm

I see Caton is getting harassed by some of our fans on Twitter. Immature and pointless to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:51 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Caton's just started a degree course based around football at the Etihad Stadium campus. Doesnt look like he'll be heading back this way.
Thanks for the update. Perhaps we can put him on Student Loan books? ;)

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 pm

D_F_C wrote:I see Caton is getting harassed by some of our fans on Twitter. Immature and pointless to say the least

The family club. That'll be The Dingles then.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:29 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
D_F_C wrote:I see Caton is getting harassed by some of our fans on Twitter. Immature and pointless to say the least

I’ve seen it happen before but Caton has reacted this time. Sad really. Doesn’t really help appeal to players to join us

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:20 am

D_F_C wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:

I’ve seen it happen before but Caton has reacted this time. Sad really. Doesn’t really help appeal to players to join us

Why don’t these people just back off and leave the lad alone,absolutely pathetic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:10 am

Quite a funny response from Nathan Cartman - "I know you're a chopper Cates but just ignore them"
quakerman wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:

Why don’t these people just back off and leave the lad alone,absolutely pathetic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Would be good to get some clarity on the Caton situation. I think his month's loan is up and he isn't now in the warrington squad. They have said nothing about it. He is still a darlo player so is he back with us and training or is there to be another loan? Not helped by this online abuse but would be good to know if there is something to report especially when we are having to put kids on the bench.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:06 pm

If his loan is up, given we've an injury problem, isn't it worth bringing him back into the squad?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:10 pm

tdk1 wrote:If his loan is up, given we've an injury problem, isn't it worth bringing him back into the squad?
Even if you are trying to force him out to free up his wage?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:13 pm

If it's not working, then yeah. Presumably we were covering some of his wages at Warrington, and I'm seeing no sign of a permanent deal arising

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:14 pm

tdk1 wrote:If it's not working, then yeah. Presumably we were covering some of his wages at Warrington, and I'm seeing no sign of a permanent deal arising
Lot of money to pay out if he just goes back to being a bit part of the squad delivering very little and then decided to sit on the contract for the rest of the year. Hopefully further interest is shown after the loan period.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:23 pm

Hopefully, yeah, but if not there's no point freezing him out as it costs us money either way.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:19 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
tdk1 wrote:If it's not working, then yeah. Presumably we were covering some of his wages at Warrington, and I'm seeing no sign of a permanent deal arising
Lot of money to pay out if he just goes back to being a bit part of the squad delivering very little and then decided to sit on the contract for the rest of the year. Hopefully further interest is shown after the loan period.
If he goes back to 'being a bit part of the squad delivering very little' that would mean he needs to be in Darlington quite a lot to train and to sit on the bench and do other duties. He can't do this if he's starting a Uni course in Manchester - because he can't have two important, conflicting commitments such a distance apart.

By starting this course (and good luck to him BTW) he's surely sent out the message that he's given up on his Darlo career, yet we're still paying him? Perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:00 am

As the last two performances seem to have convinced at least some of the doubters that they may have been too quick to find fault with Hughes it would appear that there is a vacancy for pantomime villain for the vent of opprobrium when things aren't going ticking boo. Caton has already played a fine role in this part in last year's theatre of dreams. We badly need a new target man to take the flak. So bring him back and instead of a number on his back just have a ring of concentric circles with a bullseye.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:25 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
If he goes back to 'being a bit part of the squad delivering very little' that would mean he needs to be in Darlington quite a lot to train and to sit on the bench and do other duties. He can't do this if he's starting a Uni course in Manchester - because he can't have two important, conflicting commitments such a distance apart.

By starting this course (and good luck to him BTW) he's surely sent out the message that he's given up on his Darlo career, yet we're still paying him? Perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick?

I don't think this situation reflects well on the club, to be frozen out because you are not part of TW plans, I know there will be two sides to the story.
As he's registered as a Darlo player he should be required to turn up for training and be available on match days like the rest of the team, and of course be sent out on loan, if he can't/won't turn up for training and matches then obviously he would be in breech of contract.
And lets face it who in his right mind after agreeing a contract, would just walk away because a new boss doesn't rate you.
I do feel for the player and wish him well as he is a victim of circumstances as much as anything,
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:59 pm

poppyfield wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

I don't think this situation reflects well on the club, to be frozen out because you are not part of TW plans, I know there will be two sides to the story.
As he's registered as a Darlo player he should be required to turn up for training and be available on match days like the rest of the team, and of course be sent out on loan, if he can't/won't turn up for training and matches then obviously he would be in breech of contract.
And lets face it who in his right mind after agreeing a contract, would just walk away because a new boss doesn't rate you.
I do feel for the player and wish him well as he is a victim of circumstances as much as anything,
Isn't it quite possible that there's an amicable arrangement between Tommy and caton that allows him to concentrate on looking for a club because he isn't in Tommys plans?

The only people being shown in a bad light are the idiots abusing him on Twitter

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:59 am

Richard Brodie has just left warrington in search of more game time. His last bit of action for them was getting a red card. The northern league must be calling soon. Warrington have said nothing at all about caton.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:35 am

Going elsewhere on loan so I hear.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Stalybridge Celtic
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:22 pm

Until January
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:58 pm

Hope we don't get done under the trade discriptions act. We've sent them James Caton. But the photo at the top of the article is Harvey Saunders. :shh:

http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/news.php?id=2685

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:53 am

JE93 wrote:Hope we don't get done under the trade discriptions act. We've sent them James Caton. But the photo at the top of the article is Harvey Saunders. :shh:

http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/news.php?id=2685
Can't see from mugshot whether he is wearing gloves and top of article definitely shows Harvey (no gloves). Surely Yeovil Town would have been Caton's first choice as their nickname is "the Glovers"? :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:13 am

Seem to remember Quakerz was keen on Brodie coming here!!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:54 pm

MOTM today and an assist on his debut, Another quality decision by TW

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:03 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:MOTM today and an assist on his debut, Another quality decision by TW
Behave yourself ffs.Im not a great fan of Wright but getting that numpty on his way is one of his better decisions.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:18 pm

Just had a look at Caton's progress on his loan. Has completed a total of 458 mins on the pitch since he joined Stalybridge on Sept 21 with three assists and no goals. Last played on Dec 1 and his loan due to expire in January. Wonder if they will be offering big bucks to keep him for the season as he has made such a big impression in the Glue League.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:31 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Just had a look at Caton's progress on his loan. Has completed a total of 458 mins on the pitch since he joined Stalybridge on Sept 21 with three assists and no goals. Last played on Dec 1 and his loan due to expire in January. Wonder if they will be offering big bucks to keep him for the season as he has made such a big impression in the Glue League.
Stalking is an offence you know! Good stats...….when in January does loan end? I am sure the Club are trying to resolve this but as we know he is entitled to sit on his (lucrative) contract so we are F***ed really.