Darlington - B. P. A

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington - B. P. A

Post by onewayup » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:23 pm

I certainly think that we can win this game and get a cup run going, we have the players so if tommy selects the right formula, round pegs in round holes which we have, we have a great chance of moving forward. Bring a mate and swell the crowd let us get behind the team be the twelve man see a first cup win in a while.
Onwards and upwards with Darlington fc

HarrytheQuaker

Re: Darlington - B. P. A

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:36 am

900 crowd I'd reckon

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:58 am

Yes it is very winnable as Bradford PA lost their last game, so they won't be brimming with confidence. I'd hope the crowd would get to a 1000, as I think they'll bring a couple of hundred to the game.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:as I think they'll bring a couple of hundred to the game.
:lol:

What are you on about, they will bring about 20.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:24 am

Their fans coach is full so you may be pleasantly surprised!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:33 am

I'll be surprised if they bring anymore than 50 :lol:

I won't be at the game, I'm gonna smash in some OT at work

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:16 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Their fans coach is full so you may be pleasantly surprised!
60 max I'd say

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:08 pm

Coaches usually have around 50 seats, so unless they are sharing or have a double decker...but then to be a BPA fan you can't have much up top :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:24 pm

jjljks wrote:Coaches usually have around 50 seats, so unless they are sharing or have a double decker...but then to be a BPA fan you can't have much up top :lol:
We regularly take a full coach to away games and yet we usually have 300 to 400 away fans at games, sometimes more.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
jjljks wrote:Coaches usually have around 50 seats, so unless they are sharing or have a double decker...but then to be a BPA fan you can't have much up top Image
We regularly take a full coach to away games and yet we usually have 300 to 400 away fans at games, sometimes more.
Yeah but we are Billy Big Bollox Darlo or some fans think we areImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:27 am

BognorRock wrote:I’m a Bognor Regis fan heading up from the south coast, and hope to see a cracking game on Saturday. Last time I saw Darlington play was back in the 90s when you lost 6-0 at Fulham! So hopefully I won’t see a repeat of that. Come on Darlo!
Safe journey & don't forget to go to the club website and buy your ticket online ahead of the game :thumbup:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:04 pm

jjljks wrote:
BognorRock wrote:I’m a Bognor Regis fan heading up from the south coast, and hope to see a cracking game on Saturday. Last time I saw Darlington play was back in the 90s when you lost 6-0 at Fulham! So hopefully I won’t see a repeat of that. Come on Darlo!
Safe journey & don't forget to go to the club website and buy your ticket online ahead of the game :thumbup:
Not saving a pound though.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Probably saving a queue

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:06 pm

divas wrote:Probably saving a queue
Its a great idea on which I support every home game just pointing out ur not saving a pund.. The pund I save I buy a 50/50 which also helps the club..

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:04 am

Yes, buy a 50/50 ticket and if you win it that more than pays for your trip ;)

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:38 am

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bpaforu ... 7-s20.html

Thoughts from the BPA lot regarding the game.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:16 pm

If you listen to the wind, you can probably hear the 40+ BPA fans laughing all the way down the A1. They were right to peg Styche & Ainge as lacking in any pace & threat, apart from a few set pieces. Their keeper had a blinder and when exposed, their back 4 put in some great blocks from Syers and Harvey. Might have got away with a replay if we had cashed in our 1/2 chances, but we just were not competing and winning second ball. They had one chance from a misplaced midfield pass that caught us flatfooted. Their LB just did what we lacked all game and took the ball through the gap and crashed it past Maddo who had little chance. TW has to chuck playing BOTH Styche and Ainge together. It just doesn't work as they are too similar and evidenced again by our failure to score. When Syers came on, we created more chances and looked more dangerous as he brought some variation and invention to our game, but TBH BPA deserved their win.
Worst part of the afternoon was Styche's confrontation of hard core Tin Shed fans after the end of the game. Just emphasised why he is not worthy of the captaincy. Hughes showed maturity by dragging Styche away, then thanking the fans for staying to the bitter end. TW cannot allow Styche to continue as captain if he cannot inspire and encourage the team as well as his rapport with the fans. This display was not recognisable as the team who had comprehensively thrashed Telford when Styche & Ainge were not available. Where is Wheatley, and when can we get him back into the side? We appear clueless and predictable without him. One last comment, we hardly strung more than 5 passes together more than a few times during the entire match before someone hoofed it long up front. We could have played the Rock of Gibraltar instead of Styche as every time it just bounced off. The 1000+ real fans who turned out to witness yet another loss in the FA cup deserved better than this shambles for their money. :thumbdown: