Darlington v Stockport

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

50 years
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Stockport

Post by 50 years » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:14 am

Thought the majority of fans really got behind the team and for me there were 2 average teams on display on Sat. Darlo had there chances to get ahead, and give themselves some confidence (which appears to be lacking at the moment throughout the team).
The positives are that Maddison is proving a good keeper and getting cover in front of him. In fact the defence is looking strong (something we have all been asking for). Elliott, Nicholson and Hughes also look good signings.
Currently though, Wheatley is still looking affected by his injury, (wonder if it is worth trying Vaulx in midfield, he is good in the air can distribute a ball and full of energy when I have seen him play), and give Wheatley time to get fully fit.

Thommo is struggling to get a shot on target ,(other than penalties), and on Sat pulled leg back out of a few tackles (not like him) and was not in the game - looks totally short of confidence (and he is a confidence player).

Styche is looking immobile, he used to chase defenders and challenged for all balls up front and got back to do some great defending but just lately he doesn't seem to move unless the ball is within a few feet of him, so wonder if he is needing a break? Their number 9 never stopped running and harrying our defenders.

Ainge is not winning many balls in the air now, when he was winning everything when first here, this seems to be after his injury.

Confidence is low and that is hard for the managers to turn around by themselves, we need the players to step up to the mark and become leaders on the pitch (only Syers and Hughes vocal on Sat). Plus some fans need to get off the players back as when your down the last thing needed is a verbal kicking.

Given that we have a week off I hope that TW can arrange a friendly full game against another good team (York arranged 2 behind doors games against harlepool and Leeds after there Kitty defeat) so he can look at formations and players rather than just training sessions (At least he should get a full days training with the players on Sat rather than a couple of hours).

As has been said earlier by others, I am also Darlo through and through, (and can take a bit of the downsides) , so I for one will certainly be supporting the back the budget next year if needed.

"Up the Quakers"

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:56 am

50 years wrote:Thought the majority of fans really got behind the team and for me there were 2 average teams on display on Sat. Darlo had there chances to get ahead, and give themselves some confidence (which appears to be lacking at the moment throughout the team).
The positives are that Maddison is proving a good keeper and getting cover in front of him. In fact the defence is looking strong (something we have all been asking for). Elliott, Nicholson and Hughes also look good signings.
Currently though, Wheatley is still looking affected by his injury, (wonder if it is worth trying Vaulx in midfield, he is good in the air can distribute a ball and full of energy when I have seen him play), and give Wheatley time to get fully fit.

Thommo is struggling to get a shot on target ,(other than penalties), and on Sat pulled leg back out of a few tackles (not like him) and was not in the game - looks totally short of confidence (and he is a confidence player).

Styche is looking immobile, he used to chase defenders and challenged for all balls up front and got back to do some great defending but just lately he doesn't seem to move unless the ball is within a few feet of him, so wonder if he is needing a break? Their number 9 never stopped running and harrying our defenders.

Ainge is not winning many balls in the air now, when he was winning everything when first here, this seems to be after his injury.

Confidence is low and that is hard for the managers to turn around by themselves, we need the players to step up to the mark and become leaders on the pitch (only Syers and Hughes vocal on Sat). Plus some fans need to get off the players back as when your down the last thing needed is a verbal kicking.

Given that we have a week off I hope that TW can arrange a friendly full game against another good team (York arranged 2 behind doors games against harlepool and Leeds after there Kitty defeat) so he can look at formations and players rather than just training sessions (At least he should get a full days training with the players on Sat rather than a couple of hours).

As has been said earlier by others, I am also Darlo through and through, (and can take a bit of the downsides) , so I for one will certainly be supporting the back the budget next year if needed.

"Up the Quakers"
Agree with your comments here, as Tommy says a quarter of the season has gone and things need to change. A few of the players just dont look at it, Thommo doesn't look like scoring, and if Styche needs a break we have Ainge who has got a good scoring record in the league - Ainge seems to be playing second fiddle to Styche, so maybe its time to give Ainge a go up to (if fully fit of course).
I also think its time we need to be looking at the big North East clubs and getting some loan players in to freshen things up - I do think defensively we are OK, we are losing by the odd goal so I think either or both a center mid/winger and a forward would be a good addition.
What I am finding frustrating at the moment is what is happening to the likes of Henshall and Collins - where are they? Is Henshall injured / not fit? Is Collins going to play for us again?
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:52 am

TW has been in charge for nearly a year and overall we have gone backwards. This time around he had a mass clear-out and he brought in the players he wanted with the backing of a healthy budget, which was better than a lot of the teams in this league. He decides on the personnel, tactics, the formation, the balance of the squad and it is becoming glaringly obvious that we are not able to effectively compete in this league. We are close to slipping into the bottom three, are out of the cup (a major priority) with barely a whimper and we often look disorganised, unbalanced, lacking in leadership, often lacking in spirit and without a coherent pattern of play. There have been glimpses of a reasonable side as in the Telford game but the real thread of this season has been a downward spiral... it started against Curzon, it was evident in the total surrender against Altrincham and again in the dreadful cup display against Bradford and Saturday's largely awful showing.

The manager's statistics over a fairly long period of time are, quite frankly, appalling. There are no excuses now and it is becoming clear that this stems from the top.... the leadership, organisation, tactics, spirit, man management and everything else that is in the hands of the boss. He doesn't seem able to fashion the side into an effective fighting force.

Everyone wanted this to work and TW is clearly a good bloke with his heart in the right place and desperate to succeed at the club where he played. But it just isn't working. He doesn't seem able to produce a side capable of winning even a handful of matches. No-one's expecting the world from him, a competitive side in this league would probably have sufficed (even though everything was set up for a play-off challenge) but we have ended up with a club in decline and in serious danger of spending a season battling to survive in this league.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Maurice....I think you made your point!!!
Maybe it was a mistake as I tried to delete the 2nd post made in error. Just a good job I don't volunteer on the technical/social media side.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:26 am

50 years wrote:..... Plus some fans need to get off the players back as when your down the last thing needed is a verbal kicking.

I couldn't agree more with this.

Too many fans at too many clubs get on the backs of players. Its not going to help boost confidence, it will do the opposite .

The difference in skill levels between most sides is minimal...confidence is a significant factor in results.

The comments preseason about the squad being good enough to get a play off place are correct. Skill wise the squad is good enough. For some reason confidence is lacking and that is a viscious spiral.

Criticism by fans of individuals will do nothing to help boost confidence and therefore performances

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:38 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
shildonlad wrote: Puzzles me how they make training twice a week liveing so far away
Well, they finish work around 3pm, meet up to car share (I hope, as we're probably paying their travel) get on the road for 4, by the time they meet and get out of Birmingham, and drive for around 3 hours on a very good day, 4 more than likely, with a stop to eat. Then they train for a couple of hours, probably 7 til 9? then shower, eat, setting off home around 10pm for a 3 hour drive back, get through their door by 1am and will be sat in jamas with a mug of cocoa by 1.30am. Head for bed and by the time they fall asleep it's 2am... Twice... with work in the middle. Then on the day of the game they travel 3-4 hours, depending on the traffic, usually further than the away team, before putting in a limp display and buggering off back to brum.

Hope that solves the puzzle for you.
I've just corrected your post for you...

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:40 am

LoidLucan wrote:TW has been in charge for nearly a year and overall we have gone backwards.
I'd argue that we were going backwards anyway.
Wright put the brakes on but now we are slipping again.
As has been said elsewhere, it cant be good for half the squad to be spending around 12 hours in a car every week just to get to training.
O'Hanlons live in Telford and doing that drive once a season is bad enough, never mind 3 times a week when theres a home game too!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:45 am

LoidLucan wrote:TW has been in charge for nearly a year and overall we have gone backwards. This time around he had a mass clear-out and he brought in the players he wanted with the backing of a healthy budget, which was better than a lot of the teams in this league. He decides on the personnel, tactics, the formation, the balance of the squad and it is becoming glaringly obvious that we are not able to effectively compete in this league. We are close to slipping into the bottom three, are out of the cup (a major priority) with barely a whimper and we often look disorganised, unbalanced, lacking in leadership, often lacking in spirit and without a coherent pattern of play. There have been glimpses of a reasonable side as in the Telford game but the real thread of this season has been a downward spiral... it started against Curzon, it was evident in the total surrender against Altrincham and again in the dreadful cup display against Bradford and Saturday's largely awful showing.

The manager's statistics over a fairly long period of time are, quite frankly, appalling. There are no excuses now and it is becoming clear that this stems from the top.... the leadership, organisation, tactics, spirit, man management and everything else that is in the hands of the boss. He doesn't seem able to fashion the side into an effective fighting force.

Everyone wanted this to work and TW is clearly a good bloke with his heart in the right place and desperate to succeed at the club where he played. But it just isn't working. He doesn't seem able to produce a side capable of winning even a handful of matches. No-one's expecting the world from him, a competitive side in this league would probably have sufficed (even though everything was set up for a play-off challenge) but we have ended up with a club in decline and in serious danger of spending a season battling to survive in this league.
Agree with all of this.
There is now a two week break till we meet the bottom side FC United. Two weeks for players to regain fitness, two weeks for TW to decide his best team and tactics. Anything other than a victory and we will be one of the favourites for relegation.
During last seasons long run of poor form I still felt confident we would steer well clear of the relegation places, and so it proved. This year I am afraid I am much more pessimistic of our chances. For me if we fail to win at FC United then regrettably it is time for TW to go.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:03 pm

loan_star wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:TW has been in charge for nearly a year and overall we have gone backwards.
As has been said elsewhere, it cant be good for half the squad to be spending around 12 hours in a car every week just to get to training.
O'Hanlons live in Telford and doing that drive once a season is bad enough, never mind 3 times a week when theres a home game too!
O'Hanlon lives in Telford?? Bloody hell I thought he would be fairly local signing from Harrogate. I do hope this is only a short term thing and Tommy starts signing players closer to home.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:08 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
shildonlad wrote: Puzzles me how they make training twice a week liveing so far away
Well, they finish work around 3pm, meet up to car share (I hope, as we're probably paying their travel) get on the road for 4, by the time they meet and get out of Birmingham, and drive for around 3 hours on a very good day, 4 more than likely, with a stop to eat. Then they train for a couple of hours, probably 7 til 9? then shower, eat, setting off home around 10pm for a 3 hour drive back, get through their door by 1am and will be sat in jamas with a mug of cocoa by 1.30am. Head for bed and by the time they fall asleep it's 2am... Twice... with work in the middle. Then on the day of the game they travel 3-4 hours, depending on the traffic, usually further than the away team, before putting in a limp display and buggering off back to brum.

Why can't they all live in the same house together like The Beatles did in the film "Help" ?

Preferably in Darlington.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Nigel Batches Beard

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:24 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:

Why can't they all live in the same house together like The Beatles did in the film "Help" ?

Preferably in Darlington.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:07 pm

loan_star wrote:
My recollection is that Brown and Turnbull had steadied things a little by beating Bradford and getting a point against Stockport. Then we dropped like a stone when TW took the reins and he came up with all manner of weird formations, tactics and line-ups, including Thommo at full-back, before finally finding something that worked and we recovered. He has now revamped the squad completely, got what he wanted and we're in freefall again. His team, his tactics, his ideas, his man management and his leadership.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:02 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
loan_star wrote:
My recollection is that Brown and Turnbull had steadied things a little by beating Bradford and getting a point against Stockport. Then we dropped like a stone when TW took the reins and he came up with all manner of weird formations, tactics and line-ups, including Thommo at full-back, before finally finding something that worked and we recovered. He has now revamped the squad completely, got what he wanted and we're in freefall again. His team, his tactics, his ideas, his man management and his leadership.
Yep, got it in one. Our struggles this season are on TW. No getting away from it.

Interesting to see the new excuse - "We were going backwards anyway".
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:48 pm

Some good points from Lucan.
We should at least be competitive.
Last season during our poor run of form I was fairly optimistic because even though our results weren't there we were competitive in games, creating chances, but just gave silly goals away.
At the moment we're just not competitive and aren't creating any chances. Of the 3 teams below us, Southport played us off the park, but just couldn't score, and of some of the teams around us, Alty and Curzon have both beaten us.
Last season there was the hope that one win might spark us into life as we were playing quite well. This year we keep hearing that one win will kickstart our season and we'll go on a run, but there is not one iota of evidence that we are capable of going on a run this year. I hope I'm wrong, but it's beginning to sound deluded to hear this. Our results in all competitions since Brackley are 1-3-5.
I've talked to Tommy at a few games. He's a cracking bloke and I'd love him to succeed. I'm finding at difficult at the moment to keep the faith that he will, because I just see no green shoots at all.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:40 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Some good points from Lucan.
We should at least be competitive.
Last season during our poor run of form I was fairly optimistic because even though our results weren't there we were competitive in games, creating chances, but just gave silly goals away.
At the moment we're just not competitive and aren't creating any chances. Of the 3 teams below us, Southport played us off the park, but just couldn't score, and of some of the teams around us, Alty and Curzon have both beaten us.
Last season there was the hope that one win might spark us into life as we were playing quite well. This year we keep hearing that one win will kickstart our season and we'll go on a run, but there is not one iota of evidence that we are capable of going on a run this year. I hope I'm wrong, but it's beginning to sound deluded to hear this. Our results in all competitions since Brackley are 1-3-5.
I've talked to Tommy at a few games. He's a cracking bloke and I'd love him to succeed. I'm finding at difficult at the moment to keep the faith that he will, because I just see no green shoots at all.
Fair enough Vic...although I don’t recall any optimism from you during our poor run last season ;)

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:47 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:According to the Echo, TW reckons Wheatley has a far better chance of being fit for this weeks game. They reckon he could have a hernia! Now I've had 2 hernias and it was hard to walk, let alone running round for 90 minutes playing footie.
I've had one Pete and 2 weeks to get fit again? And the rest.
Yeh Tommy was making out that the diagnosis of a hernia is the worst thing and then it gets better. Obviously it may be a bit different for someone who is young and fit, but I was twice signed off for 3 weeks after the operation and it was a fair bit after that before I felt back to my old self. Before the operation I was from from mobile and couldn't do any lifting.

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:30 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:According to the Echo, TW reckons Wheatley has a far better chance of being fit for this weeks game. They reckon he could have a hernia! Now I've had 2 hernias and it was hard to walk, let alone running round for 90 minutes playing footie.
I've had one Pete and 2 weeks to get fit again? And the rest.
Yeh Tommy was making out that the diagnosis of a hernia is the worst thing and then it gets better. Obviously it may be a bit different for someone who is young and fit, but I was twice signed off for 3 weeks after the operation and it was a fair bit after that before I felt back to my old self. Before the operation I was from from mobile and couldn't do any lifting.
It might not be a serious one, and was off because they thought It was a different type of injury and didn't want to make it worse.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:21 am

LoidLucan wrote:
loan_star wrote:
We were very lucky to get the win in the Bradford game, they paggered us for the last half hour and hit the bar in the final minute. You also forgot the game away at Nuneaton when we were poor again. Admittedly we were unlucky not to beat Stockport but Wright had already been announced as being the manager before then.

I'm not defending the current run of poor form but as I said, things were on a downward spiral long before Wright came along.

feethams

Post by feethams » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:45 pm

My worry during pre-season was that some of the players we lost would take away the spirit of the club. Players like Brown, Scott, Hunter - they had been here for years and knew what battling for the team meant. Yes they might not have been able to perform week in week out, but being part of the squad, there for training to show the younger players etc. I think is important.

I think this side misses Turnbull, and a player like Portas who not only could be played in different positions but had the ability to drive forward with the ball.

It was like that after we won at Wembley and Cooper got rid of half the squad.

Said it before and will probably say it again, would rather watch Brown, Scott, Hunter and co play in the Evo-Stik and actually care, than watch some of these lads in the league we are.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:40 pm

feethams wrote:My worry during pre-season was that some of the players we lost would take away the spirit of the club. Players like Brown, Scott, Hunter - they had been here for years and knew what battling for the team meant. Yes they might not have been able to perform week in week out, but being part of the squad, there for training to show the younger players etc. I think is important.

I think this side misses Turnbull, and a player like Portas who not only could be played in different positions but had the ability to drive forward with the ball.

Said it before and will probably say it again, would rather watch Brown, Scott, Hunter and co play in the Evo-Stik and actually care, than watch some of these lads in the league we are.
I do think people can be very nostalgic when in a situation like this. I do think that Wright let too many go for budget reasons and may have brought in technically better players but you also need some heart.

However I don't want to watch those players in the Evo Prem, 3 of them are not playing that often, Turnbull I would have probably kept but that would have meant playing 4-5-1 where Wright clearly wanted to have two up top.

Brown/Scott would have given the right mentality but plenty would have moaned about them as they did, reaching their limit etc.

We seem to lack heart & physicality currently which most of those lads had, however Wright had to bring in more energy and freshness, just looks like he got rid of too many or didn't replace the key elements they had brought to our squad.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:41 pm

I think the lack of creativity from the midfield is our main problem. Therefore the defence is trying to bypass them with longer balls up front.

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I think the lack of creativity from the midfield is our main problem. Therefore the defence is trying to bypass them with longer balls up front.
Yep. That gives us 2 or 3 seconds respite and then the ball comes straight back at us.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:07 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I think the lack of creativity from the midfield is our main problem. Therefore the defence is trying to bypass them with longer balls up front.
Yep. That gives us 2 or 3 seconds respite and then the ball comes straight back at us.
Football is a pretty simple game and yes midfield is where matches are mostly won and lost (defensive or striker heroics aside). At the moment our midfield is a weak link. Ineffective going forward to support and create chances and lack of protection for the defence - it's a recipe for defeats. This stems from poor tactics and poor player recruitment of which the management is responsible for.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the 'spirit' and 'passion' of Brown, Scott, Turnbull etc wasn't doing us much good before Wright took over. He has had to work to a budget and most would logically say you can't carry players who are only there for their leadership off the pitch if you are on a budget that affords maybe 18 players.

Perhaps one of the downsides of our rapid rise up the league's is that you do end up with a core of players who have really bonded and achieved together who do eventually reach their level and are no longer good enough - but taking apart that we'll bonded squad is always going to leave a vacuum. Wright acknowledged as much over the summer.

I'm not defending Wright, and maybe he overhauled too quickly, but we had a lot of players last season who were simply not of the quality you need for this level and there's no point carrying dead wood.
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
feethams wrote:My worry during pre-season was that some of the players we lost would take away the spirit of the club. Players like Brown, Scott, Hunter - they had been here for years and knew what battling for the team meant. Yes they might not have been able to perform week in week out, but being part of the squad, there for training to show the younger players etc. I think is important.

I do think people can be very nostalgic when in a situation like this. I do think that Wright let too many go for budget reasons and may have brought in technically better players but you also need some heart.

However I don't want to watch those players in the Evo Prem, 3 of them are not playing that often, Turnbull I would have probably kept but that would have meant playing 4-5-1 where Wright clearly wanted to have two up top.

Brown/Scott would have given the right mentality but plenty would have moaned about them as they did, reaching their limit etc.

We seem to lack heart & physicality currently which most of those lads had, however Wright had to bring in more energy and freshness, just looks like he got rid of too many or didn't replace the key elements they had brought to our squad.
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:24 pm

If I could be arsed I would look back a few months to some comments made by posters above as to what they thought of Brown, Scott etc and no doubt the same people would be saying that they were past their sell by date, not good enough for this level etc etc.
I would bet these same people also thought Tommy was signing some decent players over the summer.
Of those that were released I would have kept Brown and possibly Hunter. Although I liked Turnbull he was always wanting to be away to play for Shields so Wright was right to get money for him while he could.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:06 pm

There was nothing wrong with TW doing a complete overhaul of the squad. However, when you release players, the incoming players have to be at least to the minimum standard of those outgoing players and obviously what you really want is for them to be better players combined in a system that works and produces more wins than defeats - simply put. Unfortunately, TW's overhaul has not been great, most of the players brought in are not adequate and this is coupled with poor tactics.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:24 pm

Spyman wrote:Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the 'spirit' and 'passion' of Brown, Scott, Turnbull etc wasn't doing us much good before Wright took over. He has had to work to a budget and most would logically say you can't carry players who are only there for their leadership off the pitch if you are on a budget that Perhaps one of the downsides of our rapid rise up the league's is that you do end up with a core of players who have really bonded and achieved together who do eventually reach their level and are no longer good enough - but taking apart that we'll bonded squad is always going to leave a vacuum. Wright acknowledged as much over the summer.

I'm not defending Wright, and maybe he overhauled too quickly, but we had a lot of players last season who were simply not of the quality you need for this level and there's no point carrying dead wood.
Hindsight is probably what it is, I don't understand why some want all of our old players back, they are gone now and most are not exactly ripping it up elsewhere.

Wright has probably made a slight mistake, it looks like he expected more from his signings but for one reason or another it hasn't worked.

I disagree that they are all poor signings also, most signings look ok but the squad probably lacks a few ingredients. Too much, too fast seems to be the case in TW revolution.

Anyhow he either turns it around over the next month and gets things going or the pressure will be too much for it to continue.

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:25 pm

Brown and hunter left before we knew Heaton was going, ok we expected it, but I think TW didn't envisage brown playing too much with both Heaton and Galbraith there, and clearly he prefers trotman at RB.

Portas was probably the one that's cost us as he could have replaced wheatley when he was suspended/injured.

I like ainge but playing 2 up front exposes us with the way our full backs play, so I was happy to see the line up on Saturday, however Styche seems to be so low on confidence that when given too much time to think he invariably is making the wrong decision at the moment so assuming Ainge is fit he would be my striker at the moment, though we need to stop the long ball at every opportunity as the rare moments we have passed it about a bit we've looked decent.

I'll be there at the next game and hope I don't have the normal depressing drive back that I've had recently.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:43 am

Portals could only replace Wheatley if he was fit himself though, which from memory he rarely was over his last year or two with the club.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:29 am

If we are going backwards, i wonder what our previous manager is doing these days :shh: