What's happening?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarryCharltonsCat
Team Supported: Darlington

What's happening?

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:44 pm

Tommy won a cup match. Does he not know this is forbidden?

tdk1

Re: What's happening?

Post by tdk1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:24 am

Interesting one that cup game. Obviously nobody's that bothered how we get on in that cup, but quite a few first tamers got a run out to build fitness, which is a bit risky but makes s but of sense. I think they were all, except glover, players who live locally though, which again sort of makes sense.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:23 am

tdk1 wrote:Interesting one that cup game. Obviously nobody's that bothered how we get on in that cup, but quite a few first tamers got a run out to build fitness, which is a bit risky but makes s but of sense. I think they were all, except glover, players who live locally though, which again sort of makes sense.
Pretty sure the cup rules state you have to play a percentage of players who have featured in recent first team games. So hence the selection. Pretty sure it’s why in the past we’ve bought youth team players on as subs in the past as we approached Durham Coubty Cup games.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:02 am

I thought that was for things like the doodson. I thought the county Cup was different? Tw seems to be saying it was optional in the echo.

As always, there is a decent chance I'm wrong though.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:47 am

tdk1 wrote:I thought that was for things like the doodson. I thought the county Cup was different? Tw seems to be saying it was optional in the echo.

As always, there is a decent chance I'm wrong though.
Actually you might be right.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:22 pm

tdk1 wrote:Interesting one that cup game. Obviously nobody's that bothered how we get on in that cup, but quite a few first tamers got a run out to build fitness, which is a bit risky but makes s but of sense. I think they were all, except glover, players who live locally though, which again sort of makes sense.
Let's hope we avoid Shildon (won 10-0) South Shields (won 11-0) and Consett (won 9-0) in Monday's draw, they seem to take it seriously! Good to see Harvey score again will do his confidence no harm at all.