Bradford PA V Darlington FC

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Bradford PA V Darlington FC

Post by H1987 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:33 pm

2-2 would be an outstanding result, but you're entitled to hope for a little more when we rocket into a 2-0 lead...

Just hoping we hold on for the point at this stage (digs about the lack of options on the bench are well founded imo. Needs addressing.)

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Its not a dig its just something that needs fixing

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Looks as if Chorleys bubble might have burst losing 3-0 at Stockport. League is wide open this year, I fancy Kidderminster to sneak it.

Would have taken a point tonight before kick-off but disappointed thrown away 4 points last two games. Got to get the three points on Saturday.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm intrigued how we address it when we're trying to balance the books, even if I agree.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:44 pm

2-2 FT. You'd have been very happy with that before kick off. Good stuff.

Need to sort it out at the back, but have to be happy with a point here.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:46 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:I'm intrigued how we address it when we're trying to balance the books, even if I agree.
I don't see how we can't afford at least 16 recognised players on the books without inflicting financial hardship. Every other club in the league seems to manage it. Sure the odd kid is great if they're good enough, but ours seem to be there lately simply because we don't have anyone else.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Solid point. Totally different to Saturday. I’m encouraged by tonight, despite them coming back into it. The league table reflects our inconsistency...6 points from the playoffs, 7 from the drop. We’re an exciting, young team, good to watch going forwards and I enjoyed Chris Senior‘s analysing. Need to get back on the wagon with a home win Saturday

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:50 pm

H1987 wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:I'm intrigued how we address it when we're trying to balance the books, even if I agree.
I don't see how we can't afford at least 16 recognised players on the books without inflicting financial hardship. Every other club in the league seems to manage it. Sure the odd kid is great if they're good enough, but ours seem to be there lately simply because we don't have anyone else.
Well we could always re/draft in Caton and Collins

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:51 pm

What about loan players we soon got a goalkeeper when needed,i know he is obviously going to play but some team must have players who are not even making there bench

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:53 pm

Collins is crocked and needs an operation and Caton is on long term loan.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:56 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:Solid point. Totally different to Saturday. I’m encouraged by tonight, despite them coming back into it. The league table reflects our inconsistency...6 points from the playoffs, 7 from the drop. We’re an exciting, young team, good to watch going forwards and I enjoyed Chris Senior‘s analysing. Need to get back on the wagon with a home win Saturday
Our problem is our shite home form, meaning we're always playing catch up away from home. If our home form was good we'd be in a play-off place.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Collins is a permacrock tbh (cheers Martin...). I'd honestly sooner have Caton on the bench than an unheard of, but i'd assume we're receiving a financial contribution for his loan.

It's the home form that's a major issue, but we need to sort out our defensive issues. I'd like to see us bring someone in, and i hope the funds are there to do so, whilst still being responsible. If we got a couple of injuries right now we'd be absolutely stuffed.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:01 pm

Two home games now against poor opposition. Need at least 4 points, arguably 6...

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:03 pm

Mental block at home...go a goal down, few misplaced passes and the crowd start to get on players’ backs...result: the ball becomes a hot potato and lads launched it to Styche/Ainge...awful to watch. Now we still have Ainge but also Harvey and the speedy 3 of Elliott, Wheatley and Nicho. I think home form will improve and the fans will be more up for it if Mr Morley delivers a more positive match day experience

divas

Post by divas » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:13 pm

The majority of this thread is absolute bonkers

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:26 pm

divas wrote:The majority of this thread is absolute bonkers
In what way?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:52 pm

Nicholson's first strike was absolutely stunning and he was very composed for the second. They barely got a foot on the ball for the first 20 mins when we played them off the park and their first just came out of the blue.

Its a shame we couldnt have kept it tighter and not allowed them a way back in but it is a point at a tough side when we had to call in a young stand in keeper.

We still at times play far too open rather being mean and solid and it gives teams a chance but we did well enough tonight against difficult opponents. It was also a very entertaining game and we carried a real threat.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:20 pm

But if O'Hanlon was fit then you have a more defensively minded player on one side which would make a world of difference as if Thompson is stuck forward, everyone shifts to make a back four.

I think it can work but unfortunately not always with a small squad. We're not Man City with two players for every position.
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Whitey likes 3 at the back but we have not got the midfielders to accommodate this system....far too attack minded.Can the pair of them not see that, stands out like a sore thumb.We are continuing to throw points away ,far too fragile in midfield.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:23 pm

There's a lot of talk about sorting our defence - prior to the last two people were talking about how solid we were looking defensively and how that was the foundation for our improvement.

It seems like the switch to a back three has unsettled this, while making us more potent going forward.

We seem to struggle to get the balance right.
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
divas wrote:The majority of this thread is absolute bonkers
In what way?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:47 pm

Enjoyed the game some cracking goals for both teams, either team could of nicked it.
Galbraith was skinned alive tonight.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:53 pm

We are now 10th in the Vanarama North Form table. Having gleaned 9 points from 6 games.

We are above Chorley who sit in 13th, whilst our friends Alfreton are bottom - with only 1 solitary point.

Things aren't perfect but they're getting better.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:03 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:We are now 10th in the Vanarama North Form table. Having gleaned 9 points from 6 games.

We are above Chorley who sit in 13th, whilst our friends Alfreton are bottom - with only 1 solitary point.

Here we go another Team we will hate cos they arguably signed our best player

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:32 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:We are now 10th in the Vanarama North Form table. Having gleaned 9 points from 6 games.

Thing is, those stats can be twisted by anyone who's got an agenda, or a point to make.

You're quoting the last six games. If we extend it to the last 10 games, Alfreton are mid-table, on the same points as us.

So perhaps stop getting hung up on Alfreton - no-one else gives a toss.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

divas

Post by divas » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:48 am

H1987 wrote:
You recognise 16 players of our opposition? You must be some non league aficionado, I’m lucky if I recognise 2 or 3. God knows what most teams have in their bench or in their first XI for that matter.

Last season there was hell on that we had 3/4 well paid players sat in the stands not earning a wage (we still have 2 but TW didn’t sign them and at least has manage to ship one out temporarily). I’m sure in the all games we’ve had at least 3 senior players on the bench - you can only use 3 subs.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:57 am

It’s kind of the same story isn’t it. We are getting points but it pretty nailbiting and we are never in complete control - but what mid table team ever are?
Darlo2807 wrote:Two home games now against poor opposition. Need at least 4 points, arguably 6...
You are already setting us up to fail to your standards. Guiseley are above us in the league - what exactly makes them poor opposition?

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:11 am

At half time I was annoyed as hell about losing 2 goal lead and thommo missing penalty, he never recovered in second half confidence shot to hell and yes Galbraith was skinned several times but so did Saunders and Trotman to the opposition.
Stood next to several BPA fans are they could not believe how good we were and thought they were lucky to get a draw.
Nicholson was sublime never stopped running and made Joe Wheatley look fairly static if I'm honest and I never thought that would happen. Any team can make the playoffs this season if you put a few wins together even if it is in 2019. After tonights performance and if we stay injury free I believe we have a chance

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:42 am

Galbraith is generally very solid at centre half, but his lack of pace was exposed last night as he was run at directly. I’d argue that was more symptomatic of a particular good striker last night than a regular occurrence.

If I could bring in one player and one player only I’d sign a gritty ball winner in central midfield. Wheatley and Elliott are both box-to-box and play better with someone to do the dirty work.

Nicholson was outstanding, Ainge was dominant in the air and looks a new man since Styche left, whilst Harvey played extremely well but arguably could have had two goals on another night.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:52 am

My computer won't do a quote for some reason - but in reply to Gramps......

...... I'm not "twisting" anything. I'm quoting the form table for the last 6 games, and I state that I'm quoting the form table for the last 6 games.

The form table for the last 6 games states that we sit in 13th place.

I haven't got an agenda, though I do 'have a point to make' - the point being that our form is picking up, but obviously we all have a point to make each time we all post on here - otherwise, what's the point?

Finally I'm not "hung up on Alfreton" - nothing against them at all, they have a financial backer yet are not in good form, that's why I put in that detail.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:00 am

Whilst squandering another 2-0 lead away from home, I thought we played well last night & we can consider ourselves unlucky. Thought we played some fantastic football & those 1st 20 mins, we were unbelievable. I still think a couple of clean sheets will boost the backline's confidence as we are still shaky.

Good debut from Hemmings imo, did what he needed to do. Couldn't do much for the 1st goal. I didn't see the equaliser as I was in the bar.

Jordan Nicholson was on another level last night. That 1st goal was quality. Goal of the season so far.

About 200/250 made the trip from Darlo I would say? Made some noise aswell. Nice to see a lot of the older fans finally beginning to join in with the singing and helping create a good atmosphere.

Had a chat with Craig Morley last night and from what I gathered he's doing all the right things and bringing in some good revenue and new sponsorship etc. Plenty in the pipeline. So keep up the good work.

I'm not disappointed with that draw, I'm fairly happy. Just wasn't our night.

I did some stats on Twitter yesterday and I'll add them here for reading too.
Home
Since the turn of the year, we’ve played 18 home games.
W - 6.
D - 3.
L - 9.

We’ve won 2 home games since 07/04/18 and they’ve been out last 2 home games...

Scored - 25.
Conceded - 22.

Away
Since the turn of the year, we’ve played 18 away games, losing only 3. Harrogate Town, Brackley Town and Kidderminster Harriers.

We’ve lost 1 away game from 13th March and that was to Kidderminster Harriers in August.

We’ve scored 26 goals and we’ve conceded 27.

Keep the Faith.
#UpTheDarlo

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:08 pm

It seems like we just can't quite get the balance right. We started off the season by scoring a few and conceding a few (defence gets criticised), then we improved the defence and the scoring reduced (attack gets criticised). If we can slowly get the balance right then we can move up the table.

I'm not saying the team is perfect, but I think we are certainly improving. Important for the season to pick up points at home