Papered over the cracks again...!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerlad
Team Supported: Darlington

Papered over the cracks again...!

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Unbeaten in six and yet played unbelievably badly in about 80% of every game, he is a lucky man, TW. People seemed happy at the end that we had drawn with the worst team in league on current form. If it had been a defeat then there would have been boos and criticism......yet apart from probably a 20 min spell we were shocking at home yet again.
Same old same old. Out muscled for the first goal and naive defending for the second. TW wanted a fast start, well which team in first 30 mins showed more aggression, determination and will to win, it certainly wasn’t us.
Tactics again. Let’s practise 3-5-2 all of last 2 weeks then change it to 4-3-3 after 20 mins. No wonder the team looks disjointed at times.

Saturday evenings after home games are becoming very repetitive, as I know are my posts, born out of frustration!

loan_star

Re: Papered over the cracks again...!

Post by loan_star » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Quakerlad wrote: Tactics again. Let’s practise 3-5-2 all of last 2 weeks then change it to 4-3-3 after 20 mins!
I agree with most of what you say about todays performance but to me it looked like we set up as 442 and then switched to 352 after going behind. At the end it even looked like 253!!
Theres too much of this formation changing going on for my liking anyway.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:18 pm

One thing that was very noticeable today was the amount of space taken up by advertising boards, which is a big money maker for the club, it shows that the commercial side of the club is doing well, long may it continue, well done for appointing a full time person, he is making a big difference to the vision around the ground as well as adding to the funding. Mr Johnson , Mr Tempest, good call, Mr Morley keep up the good work you are doing. A draw today better than a loss but should have been three points, team must put chances away we had more than enough to win even after going 2 down. Onwards and upwards with Darlington fc.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:49 pm

loan_star wrote:Theres too much of this formation changing going on for my liking anyway.
I’m not sure if TW has no clue and desperately just throws out endless formations in hope or thinks he/we are better than we are and can deal with endless formation changes.

I really struggle to pick out how we’re setting up and more often than not fans around me just can’t agree what we’re playing. It needs to be simplified.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:21 am

I think one way up has found a solution - advertising boards. On a windy day they could be quite mobile certainly more mobile than Ainge, come on lads stopping flapping about.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:48 am

No can't agree, thought the second half performance after we had gone 2-0 down was excellent. We're on a decent unbeaten run after losing our top striker.