Darlington v Hereford

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Hereford

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:17 am

I noticed that TW passed a milestone in this last game against Hereford. He has now been in charge for more than a full season of games. His league record since taking over the reins in the game against Blyth in October last year is:

Played 43, Won 13, a win ratio of 30.2%.

This season we have won 4 out of 17 league games, a winning ratio of 23.5%.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:50 am

LoidLucan wrote:I noticed that TW passed a milestone in this last game against Hereford. He has now been in charge for more than a full season of games. His league record since taking over the reins in the game against Blyth in October last year is:

Played 43, Won 13, a win ratio of 30.2%.

This season we have won 4 out of 17 league games, a winning ratio of 23.5%.
Based on number of points against games played, we should reach 49. Last season, 46 got you relegated.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:22 pm

LoidLucan wrote: Played 43, Won 13, a win ratio of 30.2%.
Quite poor for actual wins, the problem is that we draw too many especially this season. However draws get you points so just concentrating on the win percetage doesn't give the full picture.

How many draws and defeats from those matches?

Let's not forget that his first 9 league matches were 1-1-7, as he took over a club in turmoil, dealt with budget cuts, and tried to wheel and deal.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Games Played = 45.
Won = 13 – 28.8%.
Drawn = 15 – 33.3%.
Lost = 17 – 37.7%.

Goals Scored = 63 averaging 1.4 goals per game.
Goals Conceded = 69 averaging 1.5 goals per game.

First 10 games.
1 win, 1 draw & 8 defeats.

Last 10 games.
3 wins, 5 draws & 2 defeats.

Tommy Wright has been in charge for 24 home games from 4th November. We’ve averaged 1372 at these games. His highest gate for a game was 2405 vs York City.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:44 pm

That's obviously including the two cup games as well. We don't include cup games in form tables, win lose or draw, because they are one off matches, often against clubs from different leagues.

So in the league it's 13-15-15, which although not relegation form, is still mediocre. I honestly didn't think it was that bad, although I guess we started in mid table, and still are mid table so shouldn't be surprised.

However most of that form was with last season's squad, and the only form that is really relevant is this season's form with this season's squad IMO.

This is where we are at with this squad - P17 W4 D8 L5. Frankly that's taking us nowhere unless we quickly start turning some of those draws into wins. And the biggest fear for a team that draws a lot is that the draws start turning into defeats instead of wins. Then you're in the shyt.

Positives - well after losing 4 of the first 8, we've only lost 1 in the last 9 so have became harder to beat (down to Hughes going into centre defence). Defeats - 5 defeats every 17 matches is actually quite reasonable. That would work out at about 12 defeats this season if we extrapolate.

Negatives - We've only won 4 out of 17 because of far too many draws. It's not defeats which are our undoing, it's draws creating a lack of wins.

I can't really see this changing because we either give teams a head start which we have to claw back to a draw, or we get into the lead and fail to see it through. Mainly the latter.

Suppose there's always a chance of the next 10 or so matches being a purple patch, which could put us right up near the play offs - but I have to say there's an equal chance of us tanking in the next 10, it's just so hard to predict.

I guess we will just have to see how it pans out.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:46 pm

I think if we review some of those draws they really should have been wins. Blyth & Leamington the most guilty games. But we've got no one to blame but ourselves in those games

Spenny, Bradford, Hereford and Ashton could have gone either way

Southport - fortunate to get a point

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:28 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote: Getting those two off the wage bill would leave an available amount to get in two new, contributing, good quality players - but that's only if they walk away with nowt.
Don't expect either to walk away form the club without a payment.

We won't see any major benefit until next season.
Well Collins won't be at the game tonight to support the lads, as he's currently in Amsterdam. Any more truth if he's left or not?