Assistance request: Sunday @ Hertitage Park 10AM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DFCSG_Secretary
Team Supported: Darlington

Assistance request: Sunday @ Hertitage Park 10AM

Post by DFCSG_Secretary » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Assistance request: Sunday @ Hertitage Park @ 10AM

Last season we managed to move the majority of the pitch covers from HP back to Blackwell Meadows. However there are a few remaining that we would like to bring back to BM ahead of any potential winter weather.

We need at least a dozen volunteers to help move the covers from behind the away end seated stand at HP out into the car park, get them folded and into the transport that has been arranged.

Volunteers to assist with the job will be needed from 10am Sunday at Heritage Park in order for it to go ahead.

If anyone could come along to help please contact Joe Peacock on 07982 931678 or joe.peacock@dfcsg.co.uk so he will know if we have enough numbers.

Many Thanks.

poppyfield

Re: Assistance request: Sunday @ Hertitage Park 10AM

Post by poppyfield » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:28 pm

I helped last season but could not attend this call for assistance, did we manage to get the rest of the covers moved? Anyone.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:03 pm

poppyfield wrote:I helped last season but could not attend this call for assistance, did we manage to get the rest of the covers moved? Anyone.
I was like you, but i was working all day Sunday, so couldn't help this time round. But from what I remember the covers that were left last time looked in a poor state, so I'd imagine it will have been even harder and messier work than last time!!

DFCSG_Secretary

Post by DFCSG_Secretary » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:02 pm

The remaining 6 covers were successfully brought back and stored at Blackwell Meadows. Many thanks to Joe Peacock for organising, Alderclad for supplying the transport & the 9 volunteers who turned up to help get it done.