Chester V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerlad
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Chester V Darlington

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:20 pm

Somehow and I really don’t know how, the club have to fund removing both of them. If they don’t then we are going to be relegated and the downward financial spiral gets worse.

How many times recently have we played against 10 and even 9 men and looked absolutely clueless and conceded goals. He has built his own team without any leaders whatsoever and has no idea how to improve them. Too many stories also of players and fans having slanging matches with AW for him to stay too.

Both have Lost the fans and players, we just somehow must create a change!

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:21 pm

Chris ? (which Coleman)
Having stopped knocking Wright I think it does seem inevitable now that it's past saving. I'm sure it's not all his fault but once the bad vibrations start leaking out of a dressing room it's gone. It's performances as much as results - what happened to that team that played so well at Bradford ? Why was that a flash in the pan and not built on ?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Staunton and TW's record are becoming closer by the game. Staunton had 4 wins in 23 games while TW's record this season is now 4 in 20 league and cup games.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:22 pm

In Tommy we trust He's the white man for the job , it's a difficult job so who would want it the new man won't have any money to spend so that ain't going to tempt any one now is it..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:It's the nature of the last 2 performances. Against 10 men for considerable parts of the games and we didn't even compete. Tommy said before the game he wanted players to play for the pride of the shirt. Well that worked. Anyone got John Flanagan's number.
Flanagan no way Adam,listening to some of his interviews when things have not gone well he names players and quite opinionated instead of keeping it within the dressing room.This could account for his sacking.No go for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Who for you then Ron? We need someone who can organise a team and make them hard to beat.
Will have a good think about this Adam but would like someone local who has contacts with the "big 3".Big pity MG was stupid for his comments when he left us as the door would have been slightly ajar for a return providing he learnt his lessons about budgets and sticking to them but we move on.This job is still an attractive one even allowing for our cash issues.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:29 pm

divas wrote:
tdk1 wrote:Jesus, why do I have to keep saying this? Just because we don't know who would replace him does not mean Tommy should stay in a job. He is atrocious as a manager. This is his mess, and he has no clear strategy for sorting it out. Get him gone.
Well, it kinda does, what’s the point going from the frying pan into the fire? Look at the situation when Colin Todd left to be replaced by Staunton and then Liddle
Now there's a name to conjour with, as a part time caretaker Lidds could even bring eleven keen young players over with him each week.

Wiseacre

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:30 pm

What's this, another wistful mention of MG ? We may as well struggle with Tommy because there's unlikely to be anyone else. If Flanagan got the bullet is he that good ? What about a player-manager - has anyone got their badges ?

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:31 pm

It’s got to the point I’d even entertain the idea of Ronnie Moore until the end of the season, at least he has experienced success in a relegation battle.
Last edited by Darlo_CR on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:31 pm

banktopp wrote:
divas wrote:
tdk1 wrote:Jesus, why do I have to keep saying this? Just because we don't know who would replace him does not mean Tommy should stay in a job. He is atrocious as a manager. This is his mess, and he has no clear strategy for sorting it out. Get him gone.
Well, it kinda does, what’s the point going from the frying pan into the fire? Look at the situation when Colin Todd left to be replaced by Staunton and then Liddle
Now there's a name to conjour with, as a part time caretaker Lidds could even bring eleven keen young players over with him each week.
Can't see Lidds wanting to give up his job at Boro to come here. Anyway Tommy is still in charge, so pointless debate.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:32 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:It's the nature of the last 2 performances. Against 10 men for considerable parts of the games and we didn't even compete. Tommy said before the game he wanted players to play for the pride of the shirt. Well that worked. Anyone got John Flanagan's number.
Flanagan no way Adam,listening to some of his interviews when things have not gone well he names players and quite opinionated instead of keeping it within the dressing room.This could account for his sacking.No go for me.

Who for you then Ron? We need someone who can organise a team and make them hard to beat.
Will have a good think about this Adam but would like someone local who has contacts with the "big 3".Big pity MG was stupid for his comments when he left us as the door would have been slightly ajar for a return providing he learnt his lessons about budgets and sticking to them but we move on.This job is still an attractive one even allowing for our cash issues.

Ron, very down at the moment. Can't see a way out of this one. Watching Boro to see if they can help. All those times we used to moan about being perennial strugglers in Division 4. We'd give anything for those days now!

Wiseacre

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Could we afford Ronnie M - would he come ?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:35 pm

Realistically we'd have to identify someone experienced from a lower league who we think can make the step up and get this demoralised, confused mob organised and into shape. You find that by talking to people in the game, properly assessing their record and fitting it to what you need. Then talk to them, get their ideas, their plan, their vision and go and get them. Lots of clubs do it. We made a mistake last time and we need to try to put it right this time for the future health and wellbeing of the club. No guarantees it will work but there is absolute certainty that we're fecked if we do nothing now.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:36 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

You really think so? Can't for the life of me see why.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
banktopp wrote:
divas wrote:
Can't see Lidds wanting to give up his job at Boro to come here. Anyway Tommy is still in charge, so pointless debate.
It was a tongue in cheek remark Pete.
Can't see anyone wanting to come to our basket case club. Tommy's job is safe.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:08 pm

Tommy Wright,”they scored at the right times”.
Of course they did you gormless twat,they scored 3 three times in 90 minutes,something your “good team” has no chance of doing.
Fuck off.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:09 pm

A disgraceful show of utter muppetry today. Appalling. Clueless. Useless.

We were dire today. The team looked bereft of ideas and interest and showed a complete lack of passion.

In the first half we mustered precisely zero shots on target. Against an opposition reduced to 10 men we allowed a centre forward to help himself to a hat trick by offering no pressure on the ball and by not showing any desire to close down or harry the ball. Up front we were powder puff. Tomo looks lost. Saunders is keen but not good enough. Nicholson & Henshall flitted about but offered nothing.

We look like we have no plan or ideas and now lack any physical presence up front to hold the ball. It was awful.

Tommy - you have to go. Now.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:09 pm

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/tommy-t ... ight-times

Another inspiring interview. Talks about them scoring at the right times. The fact we haven't tested their keeper enough. The fact their Striker 'has done nothing in football for 2 years' and he gets a hatrick against us.

What about the fact we've conceded 3 goals to a team that played with 10 men for an hour Tommy? What about the fact that scoring 2 goals in a game would only be good enough to have won 8 of our 18 games?

No game plan. No organisation.

Basically admits he's been light on the team and players haven't been making it to training consistently.

What kind of show is he running behind the scenes?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 pm

An unacceptable one. At least he's finally admitted this. His position is untenable now.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:40 pm

After that statement has Wrighty given our directors the opportunity for them to dismiss him without a severence package?

Surely he must be breaching his contract?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:45 pm

divas wrote:
Because we're not in the frying pan, we're in a very big fire. I would say our board should already have a shortlist of potential replacements as part of natural contingency planning.

I said the other day, look at Shrewsbury. They sacked their manager three weeks ago and have won four from five with no idea until now who would take over. It happens. Tommy Wright is now having a toxic effect on our club. These are his signings, his tactics, his failings. He is the one letting players sack off training, he clearly doesn't inspire them in any way. Our players were out of position from kick off today, and had to switch after the first goal. These are all issues that are down to one man. We are better off without him.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Wrighty must go now and I give it to Whitey whilst a replacement is found.

What input has Whitey had in this fiasco as I can't see him having much say in the recruitment,as a lot of them would be his style of player.

Let Wrighty go, that would be another wage off the bill.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:11 pm

Can't see Whitey would let them miss training.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Can't see Whitey would let them miss training.
He obviously is, he’s complicit in this as well I’m afraid

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:30 pm

Wright is the boss not Whitey, I'm sure if it was the other way round he would not allow this type of behaviour.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:38 pm

White's managerial credentials appear to be same as Wright's, i.e. he played for Darlo and we like him, therefore he must be good.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:45 pm

Any chance of Lidds as a loanee manager? Not sure if the FA has rules against that sort of thing.....but desperate times require desperate measures.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:52 pm

jjljks wrote:Any chance of Lidds as a loanee manager?
Yeah because Lidds was a cracking manager, FFS.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:54 pm

Yarblockos wrote:White's managerial credentials appear to be same as Wright's, i.e. he played for Darlo and we like him, therefore he must be good.
White seems to spend a fair bit of time arguing with players. I'm not sure that he has the right sort of personality to manage.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Okay, just once more with feeling: some football managers exist who have no previous connection to Darlington FC. Some of them are even quite competent.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:42 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:White seems to spend a fair bit of time arguing with players. I'm not sure that he has the right sort of personality to manage.
That's unfair, he also spends a lot of time arguing with referees :x