New Blood

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

New Blood

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Wonder how many loan signings we will get this week.
York went out and got 3 when they were on a poor run.
My guess he will get 1, TW comes across as pretty stubborn.
Also anyone know why the loan keeper went back, TW said it was up to him if he wanted to stay, obviously must have thought against it.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

JE93

Re: New Blood

Post by JE93 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:50 pm

Not too bothered about Hemming. A decent talent but I think Maddison is a decent keeper at this level. No point in keeping a goalkeeper who won't play and we can't afford to leave a paid player on the bench.

In reality and assuming that O'Hanlon does finalise his move this week then the team would pretty much pick it's self without further recruits:

----------------------- Maddison ----------------------

Trotman -- Hughes --- Burn ---- Galbraith

--------------- Wheatley --- Elliott -----------------

Thompson ---- Nicholson ------- Henshall

---------------------- Saunders -----------------------

Subs: Hall, Vaulks (whenever he's back), Glover, Ainge, Yth.

In my book I think we need:
- LB - someone with a bit of pace. Good on the ball. Similar outlet to Trotman.
- CM - we need a bulldog. Ravenhill style player who the opposition hate playing against.
- LW - Henshall needs to step up or we need to find someone who will give us a threat from the left hand side. If not Move Nicholson out there and bring in a CAM. Someone similar to dare I say it Dave Syers.
CF - goals win games. While we're not scoring many we could use someone to come in and give us some goals.

Tbh in terms of what we actually need and what kids we can get on loan from the big 3 clubs in the north east is a different question. But we can hope.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:55 pm

Surely spenny or York must have a couple of spare bodies with a bit of experience?

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:38 pm

Think York took 2 additional loans in the week before those 3 loans so 5 overall, (advantage of having an owner with money I suppose, although there fans not happy with him to be honest. Going to watch York on Tuesday to get a reality check).

I was thinking of the team I would play in current position, just my view as I am no football manager. I am assuming Ainge is fit for Saturday and O'Hanlon not transferred and no brilliant loan in's:-

---------------Burn --- Hughes ---- Ainge--------------

Trotman-- Wheatley - -Galbraith-- Elliott ---O'Hanlon

------------------- Nicholson or Thompson---------------

------------------------- Saunders -----------------------

Subs: Bancroft, Vaulks (whenever he's back), Glover, Henshall, Nicholson/Thompson.

This most probably shows I know nothing as I know 3 at the back has not worked well but hoping that Galbraith's position will allow us to win more headers in midfield, and add a bit of strength therefore allowing the "wing backs" to provide fast cover at the back.

Would want us to always have one up front, (Nicholson), when the opposition have a corner and on our throw in's plenty of movement so we could throw to feet rather than launch the ball that usually goes to the opposition.

Still just a thougth, wonder what it will actually be?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:27 pm

We went to see York on Saturday. They’re nothing special but in an organised way.

We on the other hand are nothing special in a disorganised way.

They have a good goalie, Mr Bartlett.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:00 am

My mate was doing a bit of scouting on York on Saturday he left very unimpressed.

Was also surprising who 1 of the players who he was sent to see...

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 am

Maddison was injured which was why we needed a loan (thanks, Boro). Our contracted player is fit again and good enough for his place in the team.

Agreed we need some new blood but first we should recall Vaulks either to the back 4 or more realistically a place on our bench. If we can hold on to O'Hanlon, then probably got enough cover in the squad for defence not to need any new blood there.

Where we do need reinforcement is by way of a strong midfielder capable of tackling and holding the ball. This would complement Wheatley & Nicholson giving them the opportunity to create chances and even have a go at goal themselves.

Second reinforcement would be an experienced forward, good in the air and capable of taking and holding the ball. Needs to be a finisher and to gel with Saunders and Thommo.

Christmas is coming and my wish list has gone off to Santa, but I am afraid that Tommy W has been a naughty boy and probably won't get anything but Santa's sack :thumbdown:

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:08 am

50 years wrote:Think York took 2 additional loans in the week before those 3 loans so 5 overall, (advantage of having an owner with money I suppose, although there fans not happy with him to be honest. Going to watch York on Tuesday to get a reality check).

I was thinking of the team I would play in current position, just my view as I am no football manager. I am assuming Ainge is fit for Saturday and O'Hanlon not transferred and no brilliant loan in's:-

---------------Burn --- Hughes ---- Ainge--------------

Trotman-- Wheatley - -Galbraith-- Elliott ---O'Hanlon

------------------- Nicholson or Thompson---------------

------------------------- Saunders -----------------------

Subs: Bancroft, Vaulks (whenever he's back), Glover, Henshall, Nicholson/Thompson.

This most probably shows I know nothing as I know 3 at the back has not worked well but hoping that Galbraith's position will allow us to win more headers in midfield, and add a bit of strength therefore allowing the "wing backs" to provide fast cover at the back.

Would want us to always have one up front, (Nicholson), when the opposition have a corner and on our throw in's plenty of movement so we could throw to feet rather than launch the ball that usually goes to the opposition.

Still just a thougth, wonder what it will actually be?
Galbraith should not play in midfield at this level.
Craig Liddle is God!!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:23 am

e4sby wrote:My mate was doing a bit of scouting on York on Saturday he left very unimpressed.

Scouting for who?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

50 years

Post by 50 years » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:01 am

Galbraith should not play in midfield at this level.[/quote]

Think I mentioned I was no football manager, but I did have logic for Galbraith in midfield:-
Still has a bit of speed.
Strong in the tackle.
Is capable of winning headers, (something we lose out on in Midfield).
We know he has a good shot on him and used to score but he rarely has a chance to get forward in his current position.
Would have a couple of very useful midfielders, one on either side of him.
Also we don't have many other options.

I bow to your knowledge on Galbraith, was just thinking out loud, but to be honest there are a few times I have thought we should have moved him into midfield during games, so clealy there must be better options?

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:34 pm

tdk1 wrote:Surely spenny or York must have a couple of spare bodies with a bit of experience?
But we'd have to cover a portion of their wages. With using Boro, Sunderland, Newcastle it's likely that they'll cover most if not all the wage

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:39 pm

D_F_C wrote:
tdk1 wrote:Surely spenny or York must have a couple of spare bodies with a bit of experience?
But we'd have to cover a portion of their wages. With using Boro, Sunderland, Newcastle it's likely that they'll cover most if not all the wage
Is there a rule that says clubs have to cover X% of a player's wage whilst on loan...? I vaguely remember something being introduced because of a few instances where City had loaned players that they'd paid all their wages for whilst on loan. The one that rings a bell is when they loaned Bellamy to Crapdiff.

It may not apply outside of the FL if there is one and it would be a ridiculous rule for clubs at our level, but this is the FA we're talking about.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:41 pm

Spyman wrote:
e4sby wrote:My mate was doing a bit of scouting on York on Saturday he left very unimpressed.

Scouting for who?
A football league club for the 2 players and not sure who the club he was watching York for, it wasn’t us....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:46 pm

The best player on the pitch by far was an FC Utd player who was running things in mid field, I think he was no 8 but could be wrong. Utd faded after half time, this is probably because they are part time, York (as we know) are not.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

50 years

Post by 50 years » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Was hoping to hear about the mentioned loans in by now so at least they would get a training session in with the rest of the team tomorrow night. Any one heard anything?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:31 pm

50 years wrote:Was hoping to hear about the mentioned loans in by now so at least they would get a training session in with the rest of the team tomorrow night. Any one heard anything?
Not likely they would meet many of the rest of the squad at training :lol:

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:47 pm

What training just put them in should fit with everything else

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:21 pm

darlo reborn wrote:What training just put them in should fit with everything else
:lol: names will be on their shirts anyway! What more of an intro do they need :?: :!:

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:30 pm

Apparently we were a bit low in numbers at training last night. One of the players had a paper cut on their little finger, one had a mouth ulcer and sadly one of them's pet hamster had died. Apart from that we were all good to go.

GodAlmighty
Team Supported: Vatican City FC

Post by GodAlmighty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:11 pm

There is some footage of last night's training session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpuJBtcMMp8

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Really funny. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Now we have sorted out our social media manager I'm looking forward to who he will be playing up front with on Saturday or will he be a commanding centre half we've been looking for. ;)

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:27 pm

GodAlmighty wrote:There is some footage of last night's training session.

:lol: Think we could get Golden Gordon of Barnstoneworth United on loan for Saturday?

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:44 pm

I`d settle for Gordon the gopher as long as he scores

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:53 pm

jjljks wrote:Maddison was injured which was why we needed a loan (thanks, Boro). Our contracted player is fit again and good enough for his place in the team:
I was looking at our squads biogs on the official site (it doesn’t take long) and read that Maddison was no 3 goalkeeper at Leicester when they won the Premier League!
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
jjljks wrote:Maddison was injured which was why we needed a loan (thanks, Boro). Our contracted player is fit again and good enough for his place in the team:
I was looking at our squads biogs on the official site (it doesn’t take long) and read that Maddison was no 3 goalkeeper at Leicester when they won the Premier League!
Maybe Schmeichel put in a good word for us after his time with Darlo?

bga

Post by bga » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:12 am

GodAlmighty wrote:There is some footage of last night's training session.

Let's hope it is not this one after Saturday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9KXrRUZqtw

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:52 pm

"On the playing side we will introduce new blood into the squad this week and we will endeavour to give it our all on Saturday against Nuneaton Borough." T.W.

Nothing seems to be happening though.....................
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:55 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:"On the playing side we will introduce new blood into the squad this week and we will endeavour to give it our all on Saturday against Nuneaton Borough." T.W.

Nothing seems to be happening though.....................
TW
Nothing seems to happen.
Says it all really.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:04 pm

I'm expecting something to be announced tomorrow morning after everything getting finalised at training tonight. I've no real reason for this expectation other than it seems an obvious time for stuff to get sorted out!