Twenty years ago tonight.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Twenty years ago tonight.

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Darlo V Man City...

I remember this so well. It was a sell out at Feethams but I managed to acquire 2 Sky Hospitality seats at the last minute from one of our fanzine editors, whose name escapes me.

What a great game :thumbup:

https://youtu.be/3ACdFcS-87s
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

H1987

Re: Twenty years ago tonight.

Post by H1987 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:53 pm

I was there. In the east stand, sat down near the front towards the City fans.

I can't be the only one who becomes desperately sad every time I see Feethams in video?

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:33 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Darlo V Man City...

I remember this so well. It was a sell out at Feethams but I managed to acquire 2 Sky Hospitality seats at the last minute from one of our fanzine editors, whose name escapes me.

What a great game :thumbup:

https://youtu.be/3ACdFcS-87s
Wow, I have been looking for a copy of that match for years.Thanks.

Came up from Manchester and stayed at the Blackwell leaving my Wife and 4 month old son there while I went to the ground.

Got in the bar on the side of the ground early and met Tyler and Marwood who were in there early doors.

Have to admit I overdid the drinking in my excitement pre match and cant remember much of the game.

For those wondering I was in the City end (didnt know the Darlo lads I do now at that time) and was pleased neither team won.

DFCSC_1

Post by DFCSC_1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:10 pm

This was the night Billy Bubbles made his "debut", after weeks of speculation re our New signing.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:21 am

H1987 wrote:I was there. In the east stand, sat down near the front towards the City fans.

I can't be the only one who becomes desperately sad every time I see Feethams in video?
You're not, although it's more bitterness for me these days.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:01 am

H1987 wrote:
Nope - breaks my heart :cry:

Was a good night though. A big crowd for a big cup match! Can only imagine something like that happening now

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:18 am

al_quaker wrote:
H1987 wrote:
Nope - breaks my heart :cry:

Was a good night though. A big crowd for a big cup match! Can only imagine something like that happening now
I remember the replay more than the home game, even though I was at both. Where have all those fans gone?

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:13 am

Where would be now if we hadn't left Feethams? Not necessarily better off of course, but given the chance I would definitely get inside Bill & Teds phone box and try to stop it happening.

What an utter bellend. Seem to remember the thing that made him so hell bent on leaving was the Cricket Club wanting to increase our rent after our lease signed in the 70s had expired. Fancy that, them expecting us to pay more than we did in 1973.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:40 am

Am I missing something here? The reason we left Feethams was for one reason and one reason only and that was the ego of our owner at the time.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Joe Royle - the man with the biggest face in football....

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:30 pm

I was in the City end on the South Terrace with a mate of mine as I lived in Manchester and the 5000 home tickets had all been sold whearas City only sold half their ludicrous 3000 allocation.
Had to pretend to be really disappointed at City’s defending when Gary Bennet scored!