Nuneaton

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Nuneaton

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:22 pm

See there manager has left the club.. Not great timing for them

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

bga

Re: Nuneaton

Post by bga » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:06 pm

So a managerial vacancy at one of TW's former clubs interesting.......

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:08 pm

It's quite something when his two-week spell is still longer than two of our previous managerial reigns (Kidd - 11 days and Atkinson/Gregan - 5 days).
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

bga

Post by bga » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:13 pm

Darlogramps wrote:It's quite something when his two-week spell is still longer than two of our previous managerial reigns (Kidd - 11 days and Atkinson/Gregan - 5 days).
You just know what's going to happen on Saturday now don't you!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:26 pm

bga wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:It's quite something when his two-week spell is still longer than two of our previous managerial reigns (Kidd - 11 days and Atkinson/Gregan - 5 days).
Oh completely. If you were a club in crisis, we are your perfect opponents right now.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:30 pm

Yep

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
bga wrote:
Oh completely. If you were a club in crisis, we are your perfect opponents right now.
Surely it’s a win win on Saturday.
Win= 3 points.Good.
Lose= Goodbye Wright.Good.
Draw = As above.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:45 pm

Don't be so sure that a defeat on Saturday is the end for TW. If you look at the 'statement' by Tommy Wright responding to his post-match comments on Saturday (the statement that is possibly ghost written) it states that we will be getting new faces in the squad which will inevitably take time to gel, so give TW your support while this process takes place. It suggests that even if we were to lose a few more on the bounce he will be given time to overhaul the squad (again).

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Don't be so sure that a defeat on Saturday is the end for TW. If you look at the 'statement' by Tommy Wright responding to his post-match comments on Saturday (the statement that is possibly ghost written) it states that we will be getting new faces in the squad which will inevitably take time to gel, so give TW your support while this process takes place. It suggests that even if we were to lose a few more on the bounce he will be given time to overhaul the squad (again).
Sorry Vic, Tommy boy lost my support a long time ago.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:07 pm

Yes, but according to the statement, he still has the club's support....unless you're John Tempest in disguise.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:41 pm

To be fair to Tommy he’s has to sell Heaton and Styche to balance the books now Syers. Chatting to Supporters Group board member at Cheater the chair of SG has been doing all the club finances since the summer so hence tighter purse strings I reckon.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:27 pm

quakersfan wrote:To be fair to Tommy he’s has to sell Heaton and Styche to balance the books now Syers. Chatting to Supporters Group board member at Cheater the chair of SG has been doing all the club finances since the summer so hence tighter purse strings I reckon.
Everyone understands the tighter purse strings argument.

But that's not an excuse for the team showing no fight, no effort, no tactical plan, no intelligence and no threat whatsoever. Against 10 men at Chester, we didn't lay a glove on them. Against Telford in the Trophy, we were entirely impotent. It's been very similar all season.

It's also not an excuse for allowing players to skive off training.

I could sympathise if the players were showing effort, pushing teams hard and coming up short having given all they've got, and if TW was coming up with intelligent tactical plans which were putting the opponents in difficulty.

But none of that is happening. Therefore, it's not an excuse to say "We've had to sell players". Not when the team are still utterly dreadful and completely gutless on the pitch. TW is responsible for that, and he's failing big time.

I agree with Emdubya that failing to beat the one side in the division that's a bigger basketcase than us on Saturday SHOULD see the end of Wright's tenure (he should have gone a while back in my view). I suspect Wright may cling on if it's a draw or narrow defeat, as there's a clear reluctance from the board to make a change (otherwise he'd have been ditched for admitting to allowing players to skive training).

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
quakersfan wrote:To be fair to Tommy he’s has to sell Heaton and Styche to balance the books now Syers. Chatting to Supporters Group board member at Cheater the chair of SG has been doing all the club finances since the summer so hence tighter purse strings I reckon.
Everyone understands the tighter purse strings argument.

But that's not an excuse for the team showing no fight, no effort, no tactical plan, no intelligence and no threat whatsoever. Against 10 men at Chester, we didn't lay a glove on them. Against Telford in the Trophy, we were entirely impotent. It's been very similar all season.

It's also not an excuse for allowing players to skive off training.

I could sympathise if the players were showing effort, pushing teams hard and coming up short having given all they've got, and if TW was coming up with intelligent tactical plans which were putting the opponents in difficulty.

But none of that is happening. Therefore, it's not an excuse to say "We've had to sell players". Not when the team are still utterly dreadful and completely gutless on the pitch. TW is responsible for that, and he's failing big time.

I agree with Emdubya that failing to beat the one side in the division that's a bigger basketcase than us on Saturday SHOULD see the end of Wright's tenure (he should have gone a while back in my view). I suspect Wright may cling on if it's a draw or narrow defeat, as there's a clear reluctance from the board to make a change (otherwise he'd have been ditched for admitting to allowing players to skive training).
Don’t disagree with much of above Saturday a huge game for Tommy.
With Tommy being appointed by Tempest and Johnston I wonder with the SG running the finances who would actually make the decision for any managerial change SG or DFC board? I’d prefer a win on Saturday and a push up the league rather than losing Tommy & Alan.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 pm

quakersfan wrote: I’d prefer a win on Saturday and a push up the league rather than losing Tommy & Alan.
Absolutely. I think 99% of Darlington fans would agree. Give me a win over a sacking any day.

My feeling though is we're more likely to push up the league without TW + AW in charge, as we're playing so badly currently.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:45 am

Darlogramps wrote:
bga wrote:
And the same applies in reverse.

Glass half full is always the best way.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:58 pm

New manager in place - Jummy Ginnelly from Barwell, southernleague central one of the national n/s feeders.

Goes to show however much of a basket case a club is, there will always be someone who wnats the job

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:45 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
bga wrote:

I mean, the comment was tongue in cheek. But quote away and miss the point if it makes you feel any better.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
darlo2001uk wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
bga wrote:

I mean, the comment was tongue in cheek. But quote away and miss the point if it makes you feel any better.
Eh?