Cool heads

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

real_darlo_85
Team Supported: Darlington

Cool heads

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:29 pm

I know that tensions have been rising and I have been particularly frustrated with the way things have gone while TW has been manager. However, I urge that this frustration is not aimed at our board, as this will only be detrimental to the club in the long run. It is not easy being run as a part-time club and although DJ and Tempest have overlooked TW's flaws, I can imagine it isn't an easy job to look for alternative solutions how the club is positioned currently.

It's a time for cool heads and a reality check on all levels that whatever expectations were set at the beginning of the season, are now altered towards an all out fight for survival at this level. Decisions will not be easy and neither will NLN survival but I hope that the board and DJ stay on and are not intimidated by the morons that allegedly 'support' the club. Whether this is with or without the current management is the first decision. COME ON DARLO!!!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

tdk1

Re: Cool heads

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:33 pm

Agreed.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:40 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:I know that tensions have been rising and I have been particularly frustrated with the way things have gone while TW has been manager. However, I urge that this frustration is not aimed at our board, as this will only be detrimental to the club in the long run. It is not easy being run as a part-time club and although DJ and Tempest have overlooked TW's flaws, I can imagine it isn't an easy job to look for alternative solutions how the club is positioned currently.

It's a time for cool heads and a reality check on all levels that whatever expectations were set at the beginning of the season, are now altered towards an all out fight for survival at this level. Decisions will not be easy and neither will NLN survival but I hope that the board and DJ stay on and are not intimidated by the morons that allegedly 'support' the club. Whether this is with or without the current management is the first decision. COME ON DARLO!!!
Got to agree with this, our priority is to finish 4th bottom at least, with or without TW but more importantly to give our support and appreciation for the great work DJ and JT do for our club and to not stoop to the levels of the scum minority that was evident at full time Things can change quickly in football and if we can survive this season then who knows what can happen but we move on from today

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:55 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
real_darlo_85 wrote:I know that tensions have been rising and I have been particularly frustrated with the way things have gone while TW has been manager. However, I urge that this frustration is not aimed at our board, as this will only be detrimental to the club in the long run. It is not easy being run as a part-time club and although DJ and Tempest have overlooked TW's flaws, I can imagine it isn't an easy job to look for alternative solutions how the club is positioned currently.

Got to agree with this, our priority is to finish 4th bottom at least, with or without TW but more importantly to give our support and appreciation for the great work DJ and JT do for our club and to not stoop to the levels of the scum minority that was evident at full time Things can change quickly in football and if we can survive this season then who knows what can happen but we move on from today

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Got to agree with these comments, we'll be in a far worse position if DJ and JT leave the club. They are Darlo fans like us, leave them to run the club in the best interests of the club, even if you don't agree with some of their decisions.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:50 am

Erm Pete...suspect you know this and this is deliberate but pretty sure DJ had zero interest in Darlington FC before Martin Gray asked him to get involved - Im not sure he ever claimed to be a devout fan previous to taking his role.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:03 am

I remember a post from years back, when we were on the verge of going under, urging us to try our best to keep the club alive, when there was a tide of support for letting the club fold and start again in the NL. It forecast scenes like yesterday, clashing egos and the reality of playing at an awful stadium with 'people peering boozily out of a clubhouse window' (I remember those words in particular as they made me chuckle). Anyway, we're here now. Mistakes have been made along the way but everything has been done for the right reasons. We need lowlife like those lot yesterday like a hole in the head. In reality they've been with us forever. They'd have abused Hodgy in the past. They'd have abused Penney for not being north east enough. One plank yesterday on the Tin Shed demanded that we bring back MG to replace all the 'Midlands C**ts'...welcome to Darlo!!.
Cool heads are needed but it would be really good if the club could fill us in on where we are now/the direction of travel. Idiots love a good void

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:07 am

It was the same idiots who kicked off at the fans forum, Hardisty and his mates. Club should ban them.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:45 am

quakersfan wrote:It was the same idiots who kicked off at the fans forum, Hardisty and his mates. Club should ban them.
I think that answers the question on whether they’d have a brain cell between them to do the job themselves.

I saw a description on twitter and assumed this might be the case.

jjlewis1k89

Post by jjlewis1k89 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:53 am

We need to keep the board, but they need to realise that TW has to go he’s lost the players and it’s evident now he’s lost the fans, the board have to work in the best interests of the club and sack TW now so that his replacement has enough time to try and save us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:03 am

can you sack your manager after you have played spennymoor, having said that, the form spennymoor are in, dont think it will make any difference

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:10 am

The Board aren’t to blame for yesterday’s events. Anyone directing their frustration and anger at them are simple to put it bluntly.

The Board - with support of the fans - have supplied the management team with a competitive budget for this season to push for the play-offs.

One of the things I noticed yesterday was the increased number of advertising boards at the ground. Well done to the Board/Commercial Team for this.

We are making strides off the pitch with the appointment of a Commercial Manager, Head of Social Media & SLO.

Ultimately, the blame has to be put down to TW.

His poor management and discipline has led to shocking performances, which has resulted in decreased attendances and the budget being cut. Anyone blaming the Board for cost-cutting needs to realise that this is a bi-product of TW’s lack of management skills. In a relegation fight and out of the FA Trophy & Cup.

The fans cannot be blamed for so-called negativity, they were very vocal yesterday until a team - who were clearly very poor - rattled in 2 against us.

I support the Board & DFCSG. I sympathise with DJ & JT, who were subject to vile abuse yesterday after the match. We need to keep these two. It’ll be TW that takes us down, not the Board.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:25 am

grimsbyquaker wrote: We need lowlife like those lot yesterday like a hole in the head. In reality they've been with us forever. They'd have abused Hodgy in the past.
Yes, I remember this.

grimsbyquaker wrote:Cool heads are needed but it would be really good if the club could fill us in on where we are now/the direction of travel. Idiots love a good void
Agreed. The decision makers need to be on the ball better when it comes to communication. A Netcafe must happen ASAP, especially to deal with the Boost The Budget issue which really has gone tits up!!

Some fans walked past me yesterday talking about being lied to. There's bad feeling about this, and the club have to get on the front foot, as opposed to the back foot.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:26 am

There’s a net cafe this coming Friday.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:31 pm

polarbear wrote:can you sack your manager after you have played spennymoor, having said that, the form spennymoor are in, dont think it will make any difference
Pretty ambitious to say this when you've never beaten us in the league

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:53 pm

I wanted Tommy to succeed when he came, (I realise there are some who didn't want him at the club, to be honest I didn't want Martin Gray as manager when we went into the Northern League and I was proved wrong), because he had the club at his heart, understood the financial constraints and had management experience, although still young and learning, and arranged some good quality loans in, with some reasonable players.

Think his issue may have been, (and possibly still is), that he believed that the leagues are still what they were when he played when players happily drank and smoked, ate what they wanted etc, where even at our level it is much more professional, with nutritionists, fitness coaches, strategic thinking and money behind a lot of clubs.

I thought the Nuneaton game would be a turning point in my views as the team seemed to have lost its confidence after playing so well against the top team earlier in the season to now be struggling against top and bottom teams. Changing management would clearly be a nightmare, both financially and in areas like the Academy, (something the club desperately needs to move forward, and a number of those young lads are only here because of Tommy), which would need to be taken over as well.

While thinking about changing of management I considered the current York situation where they have a chairman who has backed numerous managers with substantial money for transfers, including the recent change in manager, it has not really helped that full time team to be much better than us, so no guarantees, and also Hartlepool who put a local lad in as manager and it did not work out although looked good to begin with. So had to think hard as to my current thoughts on changes, leaning towards TW and AW having to go finally.

But after watching the scenes again after the Nuneaton game, I have reviewed and if the board decide to keep faith with Tommy I am more than happy with that, and hope they are able to back him in loans and possibly transfers if possible, so that he has the chance to either prove or disprove over a full season his capabilities.

All we have to do is stay in this league this year, wont be easy I agree, and if we get relegated it is not life and death, as a lot of us have seen us relegated a number of times over the years and still come back for more. I do not want the board to be swayed by a number of people who were involved in what was a unpalatable event, (some I think were just waiting for us to fail and not really watching how well the team were playing - this being not only my view but the view of quite a few around me). I wonder how many of those people involved in the incident, have actually been involved in helping the club in volunteer terms, ( I have nothing but admiration for all those volunteers who do a fantastic jobs supporting the team with their time and effort)?

Realise that some will think I am cutting my nose off to spite my face, but sometimes you just have to have a view on life that you believe in and I believe in this club and the current board to do the right thing.

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:14 pm

50 years wrote:I wanted Tommy to succeed when he came, (I realise there are some who didn't want him at the club, to be honest I didn't want Martin Gray as manager when we went into the Northern League and I was proved wrong), because he had the club at his heart, understood the financial constraints and had management experience, although still young and learning, and arranged some good quality loans in, with some reasonable players.

Think his issue may have been, (and possibly still is), that he believed that the leagues are still what they were when he played when players happily drank and smoked, ate what they wanted etc, where even at our level it is much more professional, with nutritionists, fitness coaches, strategic thinking and money behind a lot of clubs.

I thought the Nuneaton game would be a turning point in my views as the team seemed to have lost its confidence after playing so well against the top team earlier in the season to now be struggling against top and bottom teams. Changing management would clearly be a nightmare, both financially and in areas like the Academy, (something the club desperately needs to move forward, and a number of those young lads are only here because of Tommy), which would need to be taken over as well.

While thinking about changing of management I considered the current York situation where they have a chairman who has backed numerous managers with substantial money for transfers, including the recent change in manager, it has not really helped that full time team to be much better than us, so no guarantees, and also Hartlepool who put a local lad in as manager and it did not work out although looked good to begin with. So had to think hard as to my current thoughts on changes, leaning towards TW and AW having to go finally.

But after watching the scenes again after the Nuneaton game, I have reviewed and if the board decide to keep faith with Tommy I am more than happy with that, and hope they are able to back him in loans and possibly transfers if possible, so that he has the chance to either prove or disprove over a full season his capabilities.

All we have to do is stay in this league this year, wont be easy I agree, and if we get relegated it is not life and death, as a lot of us have seen us relegated a number of times over the years and still come back for more. I do not want the board to be swayed by a number of people who were involved in what was a unpalatable event, (some I think were just waiting for us to fail and not really watching how well the team were playing - this being not only my view but the view of quite a few around me). I wonder how many of those people involved in the incident, have actually been involved in helping the club in volunteer terms, ( I have nothing but admiration for all those volunteers who do a fantastic jobs supporting the team with their time and effort)?

Realise that some will think I am cutting my nose off to spite my face, but sometimes you just have to have a view on life that you believe in and I believe in this club and the current board to do the right thing.
To quote Olive, you're not alone.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:03 pm

50 years - interesting point about not wanting the board to be swayed by the actions of so called supporters at the end of th game. In a way, for better or worse, this might be what keeps Wright in a job at least for a while longer. Even if it were perfectly justified for footballing reasons to sack him, I wonder if DJ and JT will feel that they can't be seen to giving in to the mob (we leave that sort of thing to the French) and set an unfortunate precedent and give a signal to a few that if they make things ugly enough they will get what they want.

That assumes of course that they are prepared to take the abuse themselves - if not then all bets are off.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Correct. Those staying away on Saturday made the most effective protest.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:57 pm

50 years wrote:I wanted Tommy to succeed when he came, (I realise there are some who didn't want him at the club, to be honest I didn't want Martin Gray as manager when we went into the Northern League and I was proved wrong), because he had the club at his heart, understood the financial constraints and had management experience, although still young and learning, and arranged some good quality loans in, with some reasonable players.

Speaking of professionalism, here's a little bit of what Sam Collins has been saying after York's latest defeat, away at Boston.......

“I’m disappointed, frustrated, emotional, upset and angry because I’m a proud man, who has been involved in football since I was a little lad and been involved in professional football for 20 years and one thing I prided myself on as a player was that I would fight, scrap and try every single game.

“Are our 20-odd players doing that? Not really.

“I saw one of our players on a video the other day at an airport with a pint in his hand at 7.30 in the morning. Another was on the team bus eating a pack of Doritos on our way to a match." ..........

"20 odd players" :shock: The player drinking at the airport is Jon Parkin! Collins has a right pop at the players and reckons that only about 4 are pulling their weight. This is poor, seeing as they are on full time contracts, unlike ours who are not.

Anyway, I reckon most of our players genuinely do try to do their best it's just that as a team they are not equipped to do deal with the situation they now find themselves in. Both big attack dogs are gone (Styche/Ainge) and the players left are not big enough physically or mentally to cope. Yesterday there was plenty of passing sideways and neat little one-twos and stuff but I got the impression nobody really knew what to do, just move the ball on and hope someone else does something.

If this situation continues then we will go down and if the board are determined to keep the team managers in place they need to bring in a number of players to add to our demoralised depleted half squad - any manager would struggle to get results with what we have now, T.W, if allowed to keep his job should be backed more and although loans will help, we will need more than that, as right now we are missing experience and strength.

50 years, have you boiled your head yet?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Head quite warm but not boiled yet :D
Last edited by 50 years on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:45 pm

:thumbup:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:16 am

Yes, let's just ignore the fact that we have won 2 in the last 16 games at BM and lost hundreds of fans with the potential to lose even more, let's ignore that TW has clearly lost the confidence of the overwhelming majority of fans and that he now has a winning ratio this season of 19% and that there will be nil chance of getting most supporters to make more of a financial commitment to the club with him at the helm.

Let's forget that it looks like he's lost the confidence of the squad and that he said players have been using every excuse in the book to miss training. Let's ignore that the players largely look unfit, disorganised and dispirited and that TW was handed a good budget in the summer and messed it up and left us with a lightweight, unbalanced squad and forget the fact that he waited until crisis point to make use of the loans market even though he had every opportunity to do so. And just ignore the fact that respected experienced players like Syers couldn't wait to get out of the club.

And yeah it doesn't really matter if we are relegated because we have had bad times and relegations in our past and it's not really that important anyway. And even though he has shown no evidence of any ability or plan to turn this around, let's back him anyway because a tiny minority of fans disgraced themselves at the last home game when we lost to one of the worst sides we have played in years. Makes complete sense to me to do nothing and let TW finish the job.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:58 am

LoidLucan wrote:Yes, let's just ignore the fact that we have won 2 in the last 16 games at BM and lost hundreds of fans with the potential to lose even more, let's ignore that TW has clearly lost the confidence of the overwhelming majority of fans and that he now has a winning ratio this season of 19% and that there will be nil chance of getting most supporters to make more of a financial commitment to the club with him at the helm.

Let's forget that it looks like he's lost the confidence of the squad and that he said players have been using every excuse in the book to miss training. Let's ignore that the players largely look unfit, disorganised and dispirited and that TW was handed a good budget in the summer and messed it up and left us with a lightweight, unbalanced squad and forget the fact that he waited until crisis point to make use of the loans market even though he had every opportunity to do so. And just ignore the fact that respected experienced players like Syers couldn't wait to get out of the club.

And yeah it doesn't really matter if we are relegated because we have had bad times and relegations in our past and it's not really that important anyway. And even though he has shown no evidence of any ability or plan to turn this around, let's back him anyway because a tiny minority of fans disgraced themselves at the last home game when we lost to one of the worst sides we have played in years. Makes complete sense to me to do nothing and let TW finish the job.
Couldn't have put it better myself... The fact he's still at the club both stuns me and scares the living daylights out of me... regardless of the scenes Saturday, which we can all agree were disgraceful, the board has let this go on far far too long, the fact that they'd even consider letting it go on another week is baffling and demoralising.

I'm all for Wright out chants and personally I don't think the fans by the clubhouse did anything wrong UNTIL they turned on the board... quite frankly, the players and management (Thommo, Tez and Harvey aside) who are showing absolutely zero effort or pride, skipping training whilst being well paid, deserved it.

However, I'm considering other ways of making my feelings known, ultimately joining the band of fans who are staying away or removing their BTB money, until he's gone. I love going to games even when it's that bad, but when we're a fan owned club that aren't being listened to, I'm wondering whether voting with my feet and my wallet is the best option. I have a 18 month old son, who doesn't want for anything, but quite frankly I'd rather take him out on a Saturday afternoon and spend my money on him, than give it to that idiot and his band of pathetic players. I don't want to hit the club where it hurts but I think that the board are fundamentally wrong on this and have been for months... therefore, I'd consider hitting them in the wallet to show my displeasure... it's certainly way more constructive than yelling expletives at the board, volunteers and their families... just a question of whether I can actually bring myself not to go.

I know people would say we should be supporting the team, pulling together, getting behind them etc, but I think it's past that now... I don't think Wright's even interested anymore, he's blaming the fans, the players, everyone but himself, he looks like a man trying to engineer a sacking to get a pay out.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 am

Personally, I won't be cancelling any financial commitments I've already made. I made that to help the club plan ahead financially and that will remain. But I am totally convinced we have the wrong man in charge of team affairs and have no confidence or belief that he is the right man to take us forward for the reasons above. I believe it is also now very damaging for the club. And, given that, I would never make any further financial commitment of that sort with TW at the helm. I suspect I wouldn't be alone.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:02 am

Investments made for BtB are really for the benefit of those who have made them. It was there to give a better chance of performing well this season - so you as owner and supporter of the club would see performance on pitch as return on investment nothing more.

If you withdraw it then you are saying that you are happy for a further decline and you will get the team that is funded by that money.

There is never any guarantee in football so more money doesn’t guarantee the performances but that is a gamble you take when investing in a football team.

If you don’t enjoy coming anymore don’t come it’s as simple as that the club will continue to operate for those who want to support it effectively. As has been repeated a number of times we will get the club / team which we pay for.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:03 am

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:Yes, let's just ignore the fact that we have won 2 in the last 16 games at BM and lost hundreds of fans with the potential to lose even more, let's ignore that TW has clearly lost the confidence of the overwhelming majority of fans and that he now has a winning ratio this season of 19% and that there will be nil chance of getting most supporters to make more of a financial commitment to the club with him at the helm.

Couldn't have put it better myself... The fact he's still at the club both stuns me and scares the living daylights out of me... regardless of the scenes Saturday, which we can all agree were disgraceful, the board has let this go on far far too long, the fact that they'd even consider letting it go on another week is baffling and demoralising.

I'm all for Wright out chants and personally I don't think the fans by the clubhouse did anything wrong UNTIL they turned on the board... quite frankly, the players and management (Thommo, Tez and Harvey aside) who are showing absolutely zero effort or pride, skipping training whilst being well paid, deserved it.

However, I'm considering other ways of making my feelings known, ultimately joining the band of fans who are staying away or removing their BTB money, until he's gone. I love going to games even when it's that bad, but when we're a fan owned club that aren't being listened to, I'm wondering whether voting with my feet and my wallet is the best option. I have a 18 month old son, who doesn't want for anything, but quite frankly I'd rather take him out on a Saturday afternoon and spend my money on him, than give it to that idiot and his band of pathetic players. I don't want to hit the club where it hurts but I think that the board are fundamentally wrong on this and have been for months... therefore, I'd consider hitting them in the wallet to show my displeasure... it's certainly way more constructive than yelling expletives at the board, volunteers and their families... just a question of whether I can actually bring myself not to go.

I know people would say we should be supporting the team, pulling together, getting behind them etc, but I think it's past that now... I don't think Wright's even interested anymore, he's blaming the fans, the players, everyone but himself, he looks like a man trying to engineer a sacking to get a pay out.
Don't withdraw your BTB contributions. It will only hurt the club, our club.
If TW still here in summer, then don't renew BTB next year.
By continuing to pay BTB every month you are at least helping to provide a guaranteed income to help offset the potentially catastrophic fall in gate receipts.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:06 am

SwansQuaker83 wrote:However, I'm considering other ways of making my feelings known, ultimately joining the band of fans who are staying away or removing their BTB money
Removing money which has been promised is kind of Raj Singh like :thumbdown:
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:07 am

Am I happy with the current situation, I have to say No, but the decision is mine and I have ignored nothing, not the performances or results, but also not the financial situation we are in. The club / DFCSG must owe around £200k to fans loaned for the infrastructure, money it currently does not have available to repay, also the current account and cash flow at this time can't be good.

To get rid of the managers, (with no guarantee of success, if you look at York and Hartlepool), bring players in, keep cash flow going we will need to borrow large amounts and as I don't know the whole situation I said I will leave it to the board to make the decision and rely on them to make the right decision taking "everything" into account. I personally would back them to make that decision. It is not an easy decision and to be honest it is a no win, if they change manager and it does or doesn't work, we could be financially cream crackered, if they stick with the management and borrow money for players, (assuming they can arrange a loan at reasonable rates), and it doesn't work, fans will be unhappy. Not easy and glad I am not making it, but certainly would not be swayed by the scenes after the game but on facts.

Understand people not turning up, as it is their choice, as in reducing the BTB, if that is what they want, but of course there are consequences to that as it makes the season so much harder for the club to stay in the league, but people understand implications of their choices, as I do with my choices, (I have been wrong many times before of course). I will support them and continue my financial support as don't want the club to be financially hamstrung again and in a vicious circle financially.

Saying all that, I normally go to all home and away games unless away on holiday, but this weekend my mates have arranged a bit of an all day booze up in York and our lass is out with her family at a carol concert so have a hard decision to make, and think that I am tending toward the booze up as it is an away game, so may be I am weakening ;)
Last edited by 50 years on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:20 am

How about we bring players in without sacking the manager? Like any other football club would, because our lack of players on Saturday was laughable - how could any manager deal with that? We put a team out without the ability to make a substitution.

I'm not a T.W. fan by the way, I think he's ballsed it up but giving him a fighting chance would be the cheapest option.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:30 am

50 years wrote: if they stick with the management and borrow money for players, (assuming they can arrange a loan at reasonable rates), and it doesn't work, fans will be unhappy. Not easy and glad I am not making it, but certainly would not be swayed by the scenes after the game but on facts
Don't know how you can even begin to suggest that we stick with current management and borrow money to give to Wright for more players.
It is crystal clear most of his signings are not up to standard. Give him more money and we would just get more average players from the midlands who would soon learn they don't have to turn up for training.