Hartlepool

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_CR
Team Supported: Darlington

Hartlepool

Post by Darlo_CR » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:27 pm

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but we’d have been playing them away if we’d have beaten Telford and Farsley.

AndyPark

Re: Hartlepool

Post by AndyPark » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:37 pm

It's happened before, didn't Blyth beat us and then get drawn against them in the FA Cup...

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:31 pm

AndyPark wrote:It's happened before, didn't Blyth beat us and then get drawn against them in the FA Cup...
That was the season Blyth got all the way to the third round.

I remember the qualifying round game at HP. We should have beaten Blyth - missed a penalty and hit the post IIRC.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:22 pm

Of course, had we won those games we wouldn't have had the same number in the draw as our victors, so we wouldn't have followed their route.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:01 pm

Spyman wrote:Of course, had we won those games we wouldn't have had the same number in the draw as our victors, so we wouldn't have followed their route.

Yes we would. It’s not done alphabetically but order you came out in the previous draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Spyman wrote:Of course, had we won those games we wouldn't have had the same number in the draw as our victors, so we wouldn't have followed their route.

Yes we would. It’s not done alphabetically but order you came out in the previous draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I stand corrected.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:11 am

Rochdale 1995 is still the most painful one in my opinion.

Just a trip to Anfield missed out on.

Mind you, Losing to Farnborough and missing out hosting Arsenal and losing to Peterborough for a game vs Newcastle all gripe pretty hard to.
Think before posting

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:52 am

BUSHEAD wrote:Rochdale 1995 is still the most painful one in my opinion.

Mind you, Losing to Farnborough and missing out hosting Arsenal and losing to Peterborough for a game vs Newcastle all gripe pretty hard to.
Agreed, Bushead.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:05 pm

I'll never forget 1985. Beat 'boro of course and then lost to Telford who got a trip to holders (and soon to be league champions) Everton. What an EFC team that was: Southall, Stevens, van den Hauwe, Mountfield, Ratcliffe, Bracewell, Reid, Steven, Sheedy, Gray, Sharp.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:07 pm

biccynana wrote:

I'll never forget 1985. Beat 'boro of course and then lost to Telford who got a trip to holders (and soon to be league champions) Everton. What an EFC team that was: Southall, Stevens, van den Hauwe, Mountfield, Ratcliffe, Bracewell, Reid, Steven, Sheedy, Gray, Sharp.
Telford held them to 0-0 at ht. 3-0 FT.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:22 am

And just in case some folks have forgotten or don't know our history, how about this Everton team we played in the League Cup 1969, Gordon West, Brian Labone, Tommy Wright ( not ours), John Hurst, Sandy Brown, Alan Ball, Colin Harvey, Howard Kendall, John Morrissey, Jimmy Husband, Joe Royal.
Packed with international players and without doubt the best team Darlington have ever played. We lost 1-0 to an Alan Ball goal. Not surprisingly Everton went on to win the top division that year.
Nine years later again in the league cup we lost 1-0 at Goodison to an Everton side who finished in 4th place in the top division.
Sad to see us now after the combined efforts of Reynolds, Houghton, and Singh.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:29 am

I was at both of those matches. If only Lance Robson hadn't missed that open goal in front of the Tin Shed.

Great memories.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:12 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:I was at both of those matches. If only Lance Robson hadn't missed that open goal in front of the Tin Shed.

Great memories.
I was at both too, but can't remember anything. Think I had just discovered Camerons Strongarm.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:08 am

banktopp wrote:And just in case some folks have forgotten or don't know our history, how about this Everton team we played in the League Cup 1969, Gordon West, Brian Labone, Tommy Wright ( not ours), John Hurst, Sandy Brown, Alan Ball, Colin Harvey, Howard Kendall, John Morrissey, Jimmy Husband, Joe Royal.
Packed with international players and without doubt the best team Darlington have ever played. We lost 1-0 to an Alan Ball goal. Not surprisingly Everton went on to win the top division that year.
Nine years later again in the league cup we lost 1-0 at Goodison to an Everton side who finished in 4th place in the top division.

That was some side Everton had that night.

none of this resting the key players and playing the youngsters- nor 5 substitutes etc

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:18 am

spen666 wrote:
banktopp wrote:And just in case some folks have forgotten or don't know our history, how about this Everton team we played in the League Cup 1969, Gordon West, Brian Labone, Tommy Wright ( not ours), John Hurst, Sandy Brown, Alan Ball, Colin Harvey, Howard Kendall, John Morrissey, Jimmy Husband, Joe Royal.

none of this resting the key players and playing the youngsters- nor 5 substitutes etc
Not as if it was in the later stages, just round 2.
Players didn't wear gloves either.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:34 am

banktopp wrote:
spen666 wrote:

The more I look at that list , the more impressive the result was for Darlington. That Everton side was full of quality.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:58 am

spen666 wrote:
banktopp wrote:
spen666 wrote:

The more I look at that list , the more impressive the result was for Darlington. That Everton side was full of quality.
Quite. Seven international players in that Everton team, and Howard Kendall who surprisingly never won a cap for England.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:14 pm

I remember it as well over 13000 crammed into feethams oh for times like that again not in my lifetime again by the looks of things

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:18 pm

Someone just text home to Hartlepool next round durham cup ?

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:20 pm

We have them in the Durham Challenge Cup

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:20 pm

Come on lets build this up with the chimp stranglers and get a good crowd, because this means something to both fans.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Segregation and biggest crowd ever for Durham senior cup?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:29 pm

Look at what sort of team they put out in the last round to get a feel for whether either of us will take it seriously...but could be quite an interesting game given the circumstances.

Otherwise it is a bit mickey mouse. I am guessing we have played them before in this competition but it was back when nobody even knew the games were taking place as they were 'reserve team' fixtures rather than first team.