Caton watch

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Caton watch

Post by JE93 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:36 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Just had a look at Caton's progress on his loan. Has completed a total of 458 mins on the pitch since he joined Stalybridge on Sept 21 with three assists and no goals. Last played on Dec 1 and his loan due to expire in January. Wonder if they will be offering big bucks to keep him for the season as he has made such a big impression in the Glue League.
We might be in a bit of trouble with this. Not sure if the below rule applies to this level of the pyramid, but:

Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a football player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season. This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America.

During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. However, a player may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season if he has moved between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (ie, start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring). This is only allowed if he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs

That would mean he has used up his allotted clubs for this season. So only teams he could be registered for are us, Warrington or Stalybridge. Rather limits the options of who might sign him.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:42 pm

Still, ready-made replacement for Nelson.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:43 pm

Just leaves us where we are anyhow, paying Caton for nothing. I guess we only have 4 more months of it, then he will be gone.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:44 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Just leaves us where we are anyhow, paying Caton for nothing. I guess we only have 4 more months of it, then he will be gone.
Contract extension anyone?

bga

Post by bga » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:50 pm

JE93 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:Just had a look at Caton's progress on his loan. Has completed a total of 458 mins on the pitch since he joined Stalybridge on Sept 21 with three assists and no goals. Last played on Dec 1 and his loan due to expire in January. Wonder if they will be offering big bucks to keep him for the season as he has made such a big impression in the Glue League.
We might be in a bit of trouble with this. Not sure if the below rule applies to this level of the pyramid, but:

Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a football player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season. This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America.

During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. However, a player may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season if he has moved between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (ie, start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring). This is only allowed if he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs

That would mean he has used up his allotted clubs for this season. So only teams he could be registered for are us, Warrington or Stalybridge. Rather limits the options of who might sign him.
Think you are Spot on here JE93. I remember a few seasons ago Graham Sharp's Lad playing against us for Colwyn Bay at the start of the season then in the January for Marine, his 3rd Club that season. Was talking to their fans and they confirmed the Rule above and that he was......not very good so they wanted ride of him.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:58 pm

I always thought that it was calendar year not season. Think this came up with Javier Mascherano when he went from West Ham -> Liverpool.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:25 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Still, ready-made replacement for Nelson.
Yep, would fit like a glove (which he already has) :lol:

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:18 am

Bring him back and play him ahead of Henshall, who offers absolutely nothing.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:04 am

DFCAnth wrote:Bring him back and play him ahead of Henshall, who offers absolutely nothing.
Is that not akin to replacing your chocolate fireguard with an ice sculpted one?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:10 am

DFCAnth wrote:Bring him back and play him ahead of Henshall, who offers absolutely nothing.
Agreed, what's the point of him collecting his wages and doing nothing for the club, the way our squad is he could at least be available for the run in as injuries mount.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:14 am

All I can think is there's possibly some sort of deal been done on his wages and he's allowed to pursue other things.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:19 am

lo36789 wrote:
Is that not akin to replacing your chocolate fireguard with an ice sculpted one?

Whether it is accurate description or not - the comparison you make is a fantastic description

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:25 am

Caton's latest tweet, 2 hours ago.

Thanks to everyone connected at @StalyCelticFC for making my time there so enjoyable. From the players, staff, fans I’ve felt so welcome at the club. Great people. Unfortunate to pick up an injury, but will be back stronger. Wish you all the best for the rest of the season ⚽️
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:46 pm

I can't see him turning out for us again, not only due to the fact Wright doesn't rate him, but even if he did he would have a section of the supporters on his back straight away for being not up to expectations in the past.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:49 pm

Would be great to see the under armour, curly locks and gloves again...time for the prodigal son to return from the cold

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:56 pm

I see his twitter page has been updated with Darlo pictures.

If we can't ship him out I'd have him back as an option in the squad. He can't do any worse than some players have done so far this year, and you never know the impending end of his contract may generate some good performances out of him.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:59 pm

If he can play like he did at Leamington and at home v Blyth (before he got crocked) last term I’d have him on the left wing in a heartbeat

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:59 pm

Yeah I think we’re in quite a different place now whereby he won’t be the shittest/weakest/laziest player anymore so could work out.

Can’t see TW reintegrating him tho

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:21 pm

divas wrote:Yeah I think we’re in quite a different place now whereby he won’t be the shittest/weakest/laziest player anymore so could work out.
True, but a sad indictment of where the club finds itself now

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:18 pm

divas wrote:Yeah I think we’re in quite a different place now whereby he won’t be the shittest/weakest/laziest player anymore so could work out.

Can’t see TW reintegrating him tho
He would still be up there in the top 3 though :D ;)

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:12 pm

I think we will do well to loan him out for the rest of the season, one of those footballers likes Collins and Henshall where they have injury after injury. I think the club needs to do better at reviewing players injury records and have a decent medical before they join, the Caton signing has been a disaster.
If we are going to continue to operate with a tiny squad we cannot take gambles on players who have poor records on the injury front - it may seem harsh bit its the real world - I wouldn't last long at my job if I couldn't do a full days work consistently.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

bga

Post by bga » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:38 pm

poppyfield wrote:Caton's latest tweet, 2 hours ago.

Thanks to everyone connected at @StalyCelticFC for making my time there so enjoyable. From the players, staff, fans I’ve felt so welcome at the club. Great people. Unfortunate to pick up an injury, but will be back stronger. Wish you all the best for the rest of the season ⚽️
I know he hasn't turned out for them since beginning of December but does above tweet suggest he is still injured?

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:45 am

bga wrote:

I know he hasn't turned out for them since beginning of December but does above tweet suggest he is still injured?
I noticed he went from starting every game, then to being subbed off, then he was on the bench for the last few games and then has been injured since early Dec. Lets just say he started well then faded.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:47 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
bga wrote:

I noticed he went from starting every game, then to being subbed off, then he was on the bench for the last few games and then has been injured since early Dec. Lets just say he started well then faded.
That seems to sum up Caton quite well.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

"James Caton returns to Darlington after an injury-ridden spell"

- Stalybridge Celtic

Wonder how the training went tonight.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:37 am

Got a spare pair of gloves for xmas so will bring them with me for Kiddy game , just in case

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:55 am

Unbelievable the amount of keyboard bullying goes that goes on to one of our own players

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:01 am

Darlopartisan wrote:Unbelievable the amount of keyboard bullying goes that goes on to one of our own players
Agreed, it is way over the top and getting boring now.For God’s sake leave the lad alone, can you honestly blame him for sitting back and seeing out the obvious ridiculous contract that Gray gave him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beano

Post by Beano » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:24 am

quakerman wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:Unbelievable the amount of keyboard bullying goes that goes on to one of our own players
Agreed, it is way over the top and getting boring now.For God’s sake leave the lad alone, can you honestly blame him for sitting back and seeing out the obvious ridiculous contract that Gray gave him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I do find it hugely amusing that some in here expect him to just walk away from his contract when, if faced with the same choice in their workplace, they’d never even contemplate doing the same.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:06 am

Plenty of players wear gloves these days. Hardly his fault if he's not in favour and to be fair he has gone elsewhere to try to get a game. Get off his back.