Darlington V Spennymoor

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington V Spennymoor

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:52 pm

This will be a tough game, Spenny are having a good season, our record against them is excellent but that’s all in the past, however if we can continue our improved performances we have a good chance .

HarrytheQuaker

Re: Darlington V Spennymoor

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:21 pm

First chance to see on the back of the shirts a new sponsor
Nice Network.uk ....Great job Craig Morley

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:39 am

Yes it'll be tough and we don't have a great recent record against them at BM. I'd take a draw.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:11 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Yes it'll be tough and we don't have a great recent record against them at BM. I'd take a draw.
Same here, Liam Hughes will be a big miss and they will be a big threat at set pieces as they have some tall lads, this is my worry but our 3 lads up front are tricky and could cause their back 4 some trouble. Will be chuffed with a win but a draw for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:31 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Yes it'll be tough and we don't have a great recent record against them at BM. I'd take a draw.
Same here, Liam Hughes will be a big miss and they will be a big threat at set pieces as they have some tall lads, this is my worry but our 3 lads up front are tricky and could cause their back 4 some trouble. Will be chuffed with a win but a draw for me.

Don't worry Ron, Ainge is more than a capable replacement. He won everything in the air and on the ground v the giants of Alfreton

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:35 am

grimsbyquaker wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Don't worry Ron, Ainge is more than a capable replacement. He won everything in the air and on the ground v the giants of Alfreton
Good to hear Nick, no worries at all about Simon Ainge at the back but a good point you raise about the Alfreton giants, feeling a bit more confident now

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:50 pm

I expect a few goals in this game; could be another 2-2 or even a win for Darlo. Ainge getting fit and showing real ability at the back could be the most important thing that's happened to the side. Last weeks clean sheet seemed significant to me.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Would probably be happy with a draw, but I think we can beat them. I don't fancy us to keep a clean sheet particularly though, so... we may need to outscore them. Hopefully Thommo has his shooting boots on.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:32 pm

Can't quite figure out the team there. It's either 5 at the back, or Ainge up top?

I'm guessing;

...............Madisson

Trotman Smith Galbraith O'Hanlon

......Wheatley Elliott Nicholson

Saunders.....................Thompson

....................Ainge

Palmer not done yet, nor the new striker on trial I guess. Subs: Hall, Burn, Kokolo, Henshall, Glover

It's an attacking team.... I think...

It could conceivably be 5-3-2 though with Ainge at the back?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:16 pm

5-3-2 with Ainge at the back. Same as last time I think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

dsr

Post by dsr » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:21 pm

A Thompson penalty - just! 1-0.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:28 pm

2-1 down now :(

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:11 pm

Full time. Disappointing attendance also (1600ish). Bad time of the year, i suppose, back end of January.

They had to beat us at some point, and needed set pieces to do it, but we just don't defend terribly convincingly at all.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:20 pm

We’ve now got to go to Curzon and win...something we have found hard thus far

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:29 pm

A game of two halves, we were well on top in the first half, Spenny on top in the second and they scored two terrific free kicks. But I suspect the Chandler incident will overshadow everything that happened on the pitch.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:40 pm

What Chandler incident?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:47 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:What Chandler incident?
See the separate thread I created.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:50 pm

We did seem to cause them problems in the first half, particularly down the right with the link-up between Thommo and Trotman but they seemed to stem that in the second half and closed things down a lot more effectively. They are a big, strong, experienced side who did for us during that second half spell. I don't think they really had any worthwhile shots on target other than the two worldies from two free-kicks. Players like Ramshaw clearly do try to engineer free-kicks around the box and he was laughing some of the time when it worked.

Amazing that they can afford to have two strikers like Boyes and Tuton just sat on the bench most of the time.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:What Chandler incident?
Don't know what Pete is referring to other than the blatant dive the horrible little squirt did for the free kick for the equaliser.They go down very easily around the box to get these free kicks and seem to get quite a few goals over a season.Tommy should have had a striker signed up as back up, Kokolo should have come on at some point, but we defended well and deserved something out of the game.Spenny were nothing flash and did not really create a chance and pleased with our back 5.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Spennymoors first goal was superb - the second one looked very saveable from where I was stood, but I could be wrong. Those 2 incidents were the difference.

I thought we controlled the majority of the 1st half, without creating too much, and Spennymoor the same in the second half.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:00 pm

al_quaker wrote:Spennymoors first goal was superb - the second one looked very saveable from where I was stood, but I could be wrong. Those 2 incidents were the difference.

I thought we controlled the majority of the 1st half, without creating too much, and Spennymoor the same in the second half.
I was disappointed with Maddison for the second. He was rooted to the spot.

The ref was a croc o s***. Gave them everything especially in key areas and we all know what happened.

They won the game with their dubious tactics but at least we tried to play the game the right way. Just fell short. Go again next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:05 pm

Well, in that report in the echo we had another striker who we were waiting on international clearance for... probably could've used whoever it is today.

Sounds a gutting loss, but given where we were six weeks ago, i'm no longer fearing the worst for this season.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Without a doubt we need a new keeper next season .No chance for the first, positioning poor for the 2nd and when do you actually see him making saves or collecting crosses.Did not really rate Jameson but would have him back over Maddison

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:18 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Without a doubt we need a new keeper next season .No chance for the first, positioning poor for the 2nd and when do you actually see him making saves or collecting crosses.Did not really rate Jameson but would have him back over Maddison

Agree, he’s not confident at all

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:34 pm

There was a big inviting gap for Brogan to aim at and I think everyone knew where that free-kick was headed.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:48 pm

LoidLucan wrote:There was a big inviting gap for Brogan to aim at and I think everyone knew where that free-kick was headed.
The wall was put well back by the ref and so it was easy to get over it and into the top corner. I don't think Maddison or many other keepers would have got near to that one.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:51 pm

H1987 wrote:Well, in that report in the echo we had another striker who we were waiting on international clearance for... probably could've used whoever it is today.

Sounds a gutting loss, but given where we were six weeks ago, i'm no longer fearing the worst for this season.
Depends on the players TW can convince to stay as mentioned previously. The last couple of matches we have looked short again and although the form has picked up slightly, it won't take many more defeats to slip back towards the bottom 3.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:55 pm

The execution of those free kick was sublime, however I don't for one minute believe chandler was brought down, he did what he always tries to do win a free kick by diving, which fooled the very poor referee, then for him to do what he did in front of children is difficult to see where he goes from here unless the police let him get away with it. Really sad to see as I liked him when he was with us a few years back. Silly silly man. Hopefully he gets delt with.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:10 pm

We are much improved from a few weeks ago but still lack a cutting edge up front. Shows what a great deal it is for Harvey and club as yes, pace to die for and commitment every single minute but that’s about it, so pleased we got a fee to be honest.
If we had shown that level of effort and commitment all season we would be comfortably upper mid table.
Still think Maddison is not good enough, doesn’t catch any cross or look dominant and confident and really should have tipped the 2nd free kick over no problem, we all knew where it was going and wasn’t even in the corner.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:17 pm

We have got a more solid and organised look about us now. I think if we had been playing anything like we are now then it would have been three points against sides like Nuneaton and Hereford. I think today's performance would have been enough to see them off.