Southport - Sat 16th Feb

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Southport - Sat 16th Feb

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:09 pm

Reduced admission.

£10 for adults.

quakersfan

Re: Southport - Sat 16th Feb

Post by quakersfan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:05 pm

Why are we doing this if we are skint and about to ask fans for more funds again?
Just can’t see the logic, if you book on line you get a cheaper ticket.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:16 pm

It’s to entice lapsed fans back? Nothing to do with being skint.

Have you really just found an issue with cheaper tickets to bring more fans in on a matchday? :roll: :roll:

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:48 pm

I tend to agree with quakersfan will reducing the price entice the floating fans through the gate, or will it cost us a few quid.

People rave on about the attendances being down but unfortunately the bottom line is they won't increase unless the team are battling at the top of the table for promotion whether it be at BM or God forbid the SV.

A winning team brings in supporters on a weekly basis. Look at the Machems over 30,000 in league one when they were getting only 20k in the Championship.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:00 pm

The club has run the numbers very carefully before making these decision.

As fans we need to do everything we can to promote this to see if it makes a difference

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:02 pm

AndyPark wrote:It’s to entice lapsed fans back? Nothing to do with being skint.

Have you really just found an issue with cheaper tickets to bring more fans in on a matchday? :roll: :roll:
It's entirely possible that it doesn't bring in more fans. In that case we've lost money. Stop being outraged so easily.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:16 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
AndyPark wrote:It’s to entice lapsed fans back? Nothing to do with being skint.

It's entirely possible that it doesn't bring in more fans. In that case we've lost money. Stop being outraged so easily.
It's also entirely possible that it may well bring in more fans. In which case it's a worthwhile exercise. Glass half full v glass half empty.

Our crowds have been going down, so for a one-off game, I don't see why we shouldn't at least try something different.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:23 pm

divas wrote:The club has run the numbers very carefully before making these decision.

As fans we need to do everything we can to promote this to see if it makes a difference
Online option to “donate” the ticket price if unable to attend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:33 am

QuakerPete wrote:
divas wrote:The club has run the numbers very carefully before making these decision.

Why would you need one? Just buy the digital ticket, and if you can't go, don't? :eh:

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:00 am

H1987 wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:

Why would you need one? Just buy the digital ticket, and if you can't go, don't? :eh:
Presumably there is VAT payable on tickets but not on donations?

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:12 am

Yep, the club would rather receive a donation as it’s isnt subject to VAT. This is why subscribing to boost the budget is better than buying a season ticket if you’re an exile that can’t attend for instance

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:23 am

H1987 wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:

Because if you donate it, the club doesn’t pay the VAT and gets the full amount. It may also attract further donations from such as exiles who can’t make every game. And it’s just an easy way to make a donation to the club as I know of several people who are season ticket holders but also paying on the gate - it may attract others to do the same

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:28 pm

Good idea, hope it can attract some floating fans, and hope we can put on a good display to keep said floating fans

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:35 pm

You don't keep floating fans. That's why they're floating. We mullered York, how many came back for Ashton?

OnTheTerraces

Post by OnTheTerraces » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:52 pm

Average attendance this season has been around 1350, needs to be closer to 2000 if we are going to kick on.

Good point regarding converting the fans via a one off game in a relegation scrap, it isn’t ideal and not many convert into repeat customers.

Maybe some fans will return and we add an extra 20 or 50 on the gate.

I think the club should be targeting the commercial side ahead of next season. Really push for it to add an extra £20-50k.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Floating fans are not going to be attracted to a game by a few quid off the ticket price, as others have said we'll lose money on this.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:59 pm

I bet we don’t.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:39 pm

divas wrote:I bet we don’t.
As Divas has the data and I am assuming the break even numbers as well then I am going to go along with him.

Up to all of us to try and encourage people to attend the game and support it, I like the idea but do wonder if it will work.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:35 pm

OnTheTerraces wrote:Average attendance this season has been around 1350, needs to be closer to 2000 if we are going to kick on.

Good point regarding converting the fans via a one off game in a relegation scrap, it isn’t ideal and not many convert into repeat customers.

Maybe some fans will return and we add an extra 20 or 50 on the gate.

I think the club should be targeting the commercial side ahead of next season. Really push for it to add an extra £20-50k.
Now we have a paid employee doing commercial he has to earn his salary first before making a profit so quite a challenging task.

OnTheTerraces

Post by OnTheTerraces » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:42 pm

Why on earth would anyone with half a business brain employ someone on a salary with the likelihood we would get no profit on their salary.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:37 pm

OnTheTerraces wrote:Why on earth would anyone with half a business brain employ someone on a salary with the likelihood we would get no profit on their salary.
The club must have taken the view that he will cover the salary cost and return a profit.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:32 am

Not going to get floating supporters to regularly attend with what TW is offering on the pitch. Lets have a big push with local primary schools, free tickets for kids and hopefully a few paying parents come along. Penalty shoot outs each end before Kick off or at HT, youngsters to warm up on the pitch with the subs etc and a trophy to winning team at end of season. The young kids who attend seem to enjoy it but when Kevin is not there the young guys are more interested in scoring themselves instead of focusing on the kids. Schools football competition in the summer meeting players etc. Only way attract them young to stay when teenagers and adults.

OnTheTerraces

Post by OnTheTerraces » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:56 am

I used to like the half time shoot outs .... still remember my two penalties I scored at the Holgate End in our competition at Ayresome Park.

Need to engage the kids, the tickets are free for under 11, maybe we should offer secondary schools free tickets ?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:12 am

I think these occasional events are a good idea, but they should try to do them at the start of the season to build interest.

I suspect there's only so much interest they will generate in a relegation battle, but hopefully the lads put in a good performance.