Darlington v Bishop Auckland

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo2807
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Bishop Auckland

Post by Darlo2807 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:44 pm

en passant wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:Kneeshaw could rip this league up if he gets his attitude right.
Was impressed with him the short time he was with us, very tricky and good finisher, not sure why Gray let him go but remember him getting a hat trick for Blyth.Hope TW can get him for the remainder of the season.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
If I am remembering it correctly he scored 5 in one game for Blyth on the same day Darlo were beating Salford 4-3.
Believe you're right, 5-0 win over Ramsbottom

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Spyman wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:Kneeshaw could rip this league up if he gets his attitude right.
Has he got a bad attitude, or is this just one of those lazy stereotypes attributed to young black players?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Controversial to say the least Spyman.
When he was released last time there were rumblings that he didn't give his all.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:55 pm

en passant wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Was impressed with him the short time he was with us, very tricky and good finisher, not sure why Gray let him go but remember him getting a hat trick for Blyth.Hope TW can get him for the remainder of the season.

If I am remembering it correctly he scored 5 in one game for Blyth on the same day Darlo were beating Salford 4-3.
Think you may be right.Get him signed up.

en passant

Post by en passant » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:07 pm

I don't think he scored any/many more goals for Blyth, which rather backed up the opinion that MG had of him, which seemed to be that he could be brilliant but too often disappeared and added nothing to the team effort, which was not going to get him brownie points with Mr Gray.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:21 pm

He scored a good goal tonight beating three defenders, all be it a northern league standard defence but still.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:24 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:He scored a good goal tonight beating three defenders, all be it a northern league standard defence but still.
If the defenders were still, no wonder he scored ;)

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:24 pm

jjljks wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:He scored a good goal tonight beating three defenders, all be it a northern league standard defence but still.
If the defenders were still, no wonder he scored ;)
:lol: :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:50 pm

Very good performance tonight against limited opposition. Thought Kneeshaw looked very good when he came on and scored an excellent goal and as was said by someone else O'Hanlon's goal was a cracker. A very useful workout for both teams and far better than another training session. Crowd looked around 250, with perhaps a 100 from Darlo.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:55 am

Good run out for the lads last night against Bishop winning 4-0.

Thought we played some decent football at times, and looked dangerous going forward.
When we brought half of the young lads on in the second half, I thought they equipped themselves very well and handled some of the 'rough housing' from the Bishop players.

Thommo scored another 2, playing with confidence it seems to me.
Maddo saved a decent penalty from the Bishop lad too.
Mr A Trialist (we all know who it is now) had a good second half, scoring a decent 3rd goal for Darlo by beating 2/3 defenders and smashing it home.
O'Hanlon scored a cracker for the 4th.

Attendance of 146, about 60/70 from Darlington.

Onto Blyth Spartans away at the weekend, lets back the lads. Haway Darlo

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:39 pm

Last night I saw flashes of what kneeshaw could be if he is in the right frame of mind, he certainly showed enough ability to give people there an insight of what we could expect should we be able to attain his registration. And as has been said the academy lads did themselves proud when they came on. All in all a good workout, happy with what I saw. :thumbup:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:22 pm

I was quite impressed with our goalie who came on in the second half. Made a couple of decent saves, dominated his area and he has a decent kick as well.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:22 pm

I was quite impressed with our goalie who came on in the second half. Made a couple of decent saves, dominated his area and he has a decent kick as well.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:05 pm

AndyPark wrote:Attendance of 146, about 60/70 from Darlington.
Think more Darlo fans went to watch us in a barely advertised friendly at Bishop than Hartlepool fans came to watch the ‘competitive game’ in the County Cup.