Darlington V Chorley

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington V Chorley

Post by poppyfield » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:38 am

I think Chorley will have a bit to much for us to get a result, but we need to see a battling performance with every player giving 100%, nothing else will be acceptable. What ever the formation Kneeshaw should be given his first start since joining the club, he's an exciting player who can make things happen up front, maybe with Saunders ahead of him.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Darlington V Chorley

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:43 am

Chorley have a tough defence. We simply must put Kneeshaw and Saunders on from the start then pray for some good fortune!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:25 am

Right now I'd take a point. Unfortunately I can't make the game yet again due to work commitments. :cry:

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:26 am

I agree, Kneeshaw should start. I don't think we're really expecting anything, so i'd like us to have a go.

Stick Ainge at the back, and go with Kneeshaw and Harvey up front. Maybe we can hit them with some pace on the counter attack that way.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:09 pm

H1987 wrote:I agree, Kneeshaw should start. I don't think we're really expecting anything, so i'd like us to have a go.

Stick Ainge at the back, and go with Kneeshaw and Harvey up front. Maybe we can hit them with some pace on the counter attack that way.
Hope Galbraith is fit to take his place in the back 3/4

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:34 pm

agreed Kneeshaw needs to start - what better challenge for him than playing against the side at the top of the table. He can play up front with Ainge. At the end of the day Harvey Saunders is yesterdays fish and chip paper and we need to look ahead to the future. This is almost a free hit tomorrow, as most would say we are expected to lose.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:44 pm

Kneeshaw and Saunders from the off is a must I feel. We need to have a go at them from the off and try to get into a winning position. I’d rather see that than another insipid Brackley type performance.

I normally go to games on my own but tomorrow I’ve organized an outing at work so there’s half a dozen lads coming. Most of them have never been before. Every little helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:54 pm

Keeper sorted Jake Turner to start.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:31 am

Team for today?

------------------------Turner----------------------------
---------Smith--------Hughes-------Galbraith----------
Trotman----Palmer--Wheatley--Elliott----Thompson--
-----------------------Kneeshaw-------------------------
-----------------------Saunders--------------------------

Subs. Nicholson, Kokolo, Ainge, Maddison, Glover.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:37 pm

poppyfield wrote:Team for today?

------------------------Turner----------------------------
---------Smith--------Hughes-------Galbraith----------
Trotman----Palmer--Wheatley--Elliott----Thompson--
-----------------------Kneeshaw-------------------------
-----------------------Saunders--------------------------

Subs. Nicholson, Kokolo, Ainge, Maddison, Glover.
No way Nicholson will not start,, I would replace Elliott for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Hope we can get a good attendance today

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:07 pm

No way will Elliott be dropped it will probably be Palmer on the bench and Nicholson starts.

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:45 pm

43’ | GOAL!!! Darlington FC 1-0 Chorley FC. Wilson Kneeshaw!
The World is Full of Kings & Queens
Who Blind your Eyes then Steal your Dreams

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:47 pm

43’ | GOAL... Oh it’s a lovely goal too! Kneeshaw bursts through midfield, plays it out left to Thompson who plays it back across the box to Kneeshaw who finishes well. 1-0!

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:37 pm

First change for Darlington

OFF: Wilson Kneeshaw

ON: Williams Kokolo

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:55 pm

GOAL: 1-1. Chorley level in the third minute of added time.

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:59 pm

FT: 1-1

Darlington so close to toppling the league leaders, Josh Wilson’s header snatching a draw for leaders Chorley in the third minute of stoppage time. DFC had been better than in their last couple of home games, Wilson Kneeshaw scoring just before half-time.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:00 pm

GAME MANAGEMENT!!! :crazy:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:02 pm

On 92:00 we’re through on goal, Henshall fucks up a pass and we lose the ball, 30 seconds later it’s in our net. Why can’t we close out games?
Last edited by Darlo2807 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:03 pm

I guess most of us would have taken a point if it'd been offered to us at 3pm, but it's still galling to get so close to getting all three. At least other results went our way, especially FCUM's late equaliser v Hereford. We've moved one point further away from the bottom three.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:06 pm

biccynana wrote:I guess most of us would have taken a point if it'd been offered to us at 3pm, but it's still galling to get so close to getting all three. At least other results went our way, especially FCUM's late equaliser v Hereford. We've moved one point further away from the bottom three.
Probably the most important stat of the day. :roll:

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:10 pm

Almost like it’s a bad decision taking off a CM (Palmer) for a winger who offers absolutely nothing (Henshall) when trying to close out a win against a good side...

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Darlo2807 wrote:Almost like it’s a bad decision taking off a CM (Palmer) for a winger who offers absolutely nothing (Henshall) when trying to close out a win against a good side...
In fairness the way the ref was I could see palmer getting sent off otherwise.

I'm disappointed to drop the points so late, but I think all the players put in a shift and a pretty decent performance

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:14 pm

Yet another TW tactical master class. Trying to see out a game and you take of Kneeshaw who was playing well and you change a CM for a LW. When will he actually learn anything?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:17 pm

A good point, but ffs...

I’m confident we will be be fine this season, but we could and probably should finish in the top half, but for points thrown away.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:42 pm

JE93 wrote:Yet another TW tactical master class. Trying to see out a game and you take of Kneeshaw who was playing well and you change a CM for a LW. When will he actually learn anything?
Kneeshaw was knackered and had stopped offering us anything defensively. Desperately needed another body in the middle which that change have us with Elliott moving across. Not sure he had to do the Nicholson > Thommo sub tho, don’t think that particularly gave us anything else.

Ultimately though after that Saunders could have won it on another day and their goal was more down to someone not picking their man up. You shouldn’t be giving a free header there from a 40 yard cross. More down to an individual error I think rather than game management, I didn’t think we were massively under the pump.

Had we kept forwards on and got done then some would have argued the other way. I thought for once tactically he wasn’t too far away. Always hard to take when you concede so late but far more positives today than brackley

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:51 pm

divas wrote:
JE93 wrote:Yet another TW tactical master class. Trying to see out a game and you take of Kneeshaw who was playing well and you change a CM for a LW. When will he actually learn anything?
Kneeshaw was knackered and had stopped offering us anything defensively. Desperately needed another body in the middle which that change have us with Elliott moving across. Not sure he had to do the Nicholson > Thommo sub tho, don’t think that particularly gave us anything else.

Ultimately though after that Saunders could have won it on another day and their goal was more down to someone not picking their man up. You shouldn’t be giving a free header there from a 40 yard cross. More down to an individual error I think rather than game management, I didn’t think we were massively under the pump.

Had we kept forwards on and got done then some would have argued the other way. I thought for once tactically he wasn’t too far away. Always hard to take when you concede so late but far more positives today than brackley
That about sums it up IMO, much better performance today, Palmer was signalling to the bench so that's probably why he came off, thought Ainge a good solid game today, great move for the goal.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Yeah I didn’t particularly disagree with the substitutions. Chorley were getting on top and we tried to get some more players in the middle.

A better performance though. Ainge is a very good CB at this level, and we look better going forwards with mobile players up front.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:01 pm

divas wrote:

Dont forget the keeper made a stunning save from Harvey to keep it at 1-0. If that goes in its game over and Tommy is a tactical genius.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:04 pm

loan_star wrote:
divas wrote:

Dont forget the keeper made a stunning save from Harvey to keep it at 1-0. If that goes in its game over and Tommy is a tactical genius.
TW will never be regarded as a tactical genius. Ever.

Poor defensive play for the goal and an inability to see out the game cost us today. Not a bad performance at all, but mental weakness costing us once more under TW.

And anyone who says Ainge needs to be played up front should get their account deleted. Far, far better defensively.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY