York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

robsraiders
Team Supported: Darlington

York City

Post by robsraiders » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:44 am

We thought we may have played our last game at Bootham Crescent, but maybe not, as below article states not ready for start of next season, thought we had seen the back of those terrible away end toilets !

The National League side has conformed its £8m new Community Stadium will not now be ready to open for next season.

Buckingham Group Contracting is building the new stadium.

The club said it will continue to play fixtures in its current Bootham Crescent home until the new stadium is ready,

A City of York Council spokesperson said: “We understand there will be a delay to the completion of the York Stadium Leisure Complex.

“This would mean a handful of games would not be able to take place in the new stadium as planned and the accompanying leisure facilities will be unable to open as soon as we’d hoped. This is subject to commercial discussions so we cannot comment further.

“A significant amount of progress has been made to date, both on and off site, with all stands now visible.

“We share the disappointment and frustration the delay will cause.

“Work will continue with all partners to minimise any delay and open the York Stadium Leisure Complex as soon as possible, without compromising on quality or safety.”

50 years

Re: York City

Post by 50 years » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 am

That may upset a few fans who have paid for tickets to travel up for last game, heard one person had booked his flight from Dubai in advance. Me I will be happy Rob for another trip to bootham crescent as pubs part of the trip and new ground not so easy to get too without a car.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:57 am

It always happens - it happened to us with The Arena, it got put back at least once.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Darlo there one last time.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:00 pm

they are having a competition with Spurs to see which ground can have the most delays!!!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:12 pm

Reckon Spurs would comfortably win that little competition...

Can't imagine there being a whole lot of fanfare for their new stadium while they're in the conference north. Honestly, i'm still shocked by how bad they are.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Well I hope we've played our last game at Bootham Crescent, as over the years I must have seen us play there around 15 to 20 times, think I've only seen us win once or twice. So the new ground may change our luck.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:45 pm

Perhaps we could have a friendly either as last game at Bootham Crescent or first at the new ground? ;)

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:04 pm

jjljks wrote:Perhaps we could have a friendly either as last game at Bootham Crescent or first at the new ground? ;)
Let it go we ain't playing York in a friendly ffs

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:55 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
jjljks wrote:Perhaps we could have a friendly either as last game at Bootham Crescent or first at the new ground? ;)
Let it go we ain't playing York in a friendly ffs

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk