New Signings

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

New Signings

Post by grimsbyquaker » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:59 am

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... e-signing/

Striker and left back expected to sign on loan from a Premier League club today and go into tomorrow’s squad along with Holness

quakerman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Signings

Post by quakerman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:42 am

grimsbyquaker wrote:https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... e-signing/

Striker and left back expected to sign on loan from a Premier League club today and go into tomorrow’s squad along with Holness
Looks like Tommy is addressing the key positions Nick.This is positive news so let’s see who these lads are.Important we all get behind the lads now and make sure we are in this league next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:18 am

Striker from a PL club? I see Newcastle have just recalled Elias Sorensen from his loan spell at Blackpool due to lack of game-time. I would love him here, wouldn't happen like.

Jamie Sterry is a RB just recalled by Newcastle too from Crewe.
Cal Roberts is a winger from Newcastle too, just recalled from Colchester.

Could be one of these...

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 pm

2 eighteen year olds from Huddersfield.Underwhelmed but let’s see what they’ve got.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:21 pm

I saw a tweet the other day replying to a darlo fan from Leon Scott saying that's what happens when HE replaces Men with Boys and that shows by signing two 18yr olds for Udderfield .. Maybe a bit bitter but can't blame him

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:58 pm

Emdubya wrote:2 eighteen year olds from Huddersfield.Underwhelmed but let’s see what they’ve got.
Far too young IMO......a bit disappointed but let’s get behind the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:03 pm

How old was Pears last season? I guess we can't afford Messi or Ronaldo so we sign what we can afford.
Good luck to the new lads, its a shame people are finding fault before they've even kicked a ball.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:08 pm

loan_star wrote:How old was Pears last season? I guess we can't afford Messi or Ronaldo so we sign what we can afford.
Good luck to the new lads, its a shame people are finding fault before they've even kicked a ball.
That's what darlo fans do, they did it to Hughesy, they expect them to be premier league players in a disguise

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:16 pm

Give them a chance! Palmer, Smith and Nelson only a couple of years older and they've been okay. And beggars can't be choosers!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
loan_star wrote:How old was Pears last season? I guess we can't afford Messi or Ronaldo so we sign what we can afford.
That's what darlo fans do, they did it to Hughesy, they expect them to be premier league players in a disguise

Yet they want Vaulks in the team, a lad who's only a year older and came from the Northern League. Doesn't matter these two lads have come from a premier league club.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:31 pm

loan_star wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Yet they want Vaulks in the team, a lad who's only a year older and came from the Northern League. Doesn't matter these two lads have come from a premier league club.
Agree.