Paul Scholes

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Alfie
Team Supported: Darlington

Paul Scholes

Post by Alfie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:06 pm

Available if we are looking for a new boss.

Lasted about a month.

AndyPark

Re: Paul Scholes

Post by AndyPark » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:42 pm

He can’t handle a job at his boyhood club, let alone a little shitty one 2 leagues below with no money :lol: :lol:

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:34 pm

That's one of the shortest reigns ever in the football league. Mind Oldham seem a poison Challis as they have been through several managers in recent years who barely see out a season

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:01 pm

shildonlad wrote:That's one of the shortest reigns ever in the football league.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
Compared to Leroy Rosenior at Torquay, he is positively a long serving manager

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ory.sport5

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:46 pm

Think we are also forgetting our very own Ryan Kidd and his fleeting 11 days as manager.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 pm

JE93 wrote:Think we are also forgetting our very own Ryan Kidd and his fleeting 11 days as manager.
And he's only our second shortest-reigning manager! Messrs Atkinson and Gregan didn't make it past four days.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:52 pm

Apparently the owner meddles to much and he were warned weeks before he took the job but still took it..

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:36 am

Darlogramps wrote:
JE93 wrote:Think we are also forgetting our very own Ryan Kidd and his fleeting 11 days as manager.
And he's only our second shortest-reigning manager! Messrs Atkinson and Gregan didn't make it past four days.
Were they officially in charge? Still nowt beats leroy rosiner at torquay
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:41 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Apparently the owner meddles to much and he were warned weeks before he took the job but still took it..
Would explain why they go through a few managers.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 am

shildonlad wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:Apparently the owner meddles to much and he were warned weeks before he took the job but still took it..
Would explain why they go through a few managers.
Yeah he is known to tell the manager who plays and who doesn't

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:48 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Were they officially in charge? Still nowt beats leroy rosiner at torquay
Yep, they were given the role, accepted it and it was all announced. It definitely counts.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:03 pm

I was amazed when I heard this news, he's only been there a few weeks.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:21 pm

The problem here is Scholes must have known what his owner wanted, he has seen the club from outside and took the job knowing the possible problems.
He is a quitter simple, 5 weeks is no way long enough to put his mark on the club, he is a multi millionaire, stick with your buddies at Salford, this job was obviously too big for you.
Geez come to Darlo with no money and see what you can achieve.....on 2nd thoughts no way

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 pm

Apparently the owner signed a non interference agreement with Scholes to say that he wouldn’t get involved with picking the team, then promptly broke this arrangement. Scholes must have seen which way the wind was blowing.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:32 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 pm
Apparently the owner signed a non interference agreement with Scholes to say that he wouldn’t get involved with picking the team, then promptly broke this arrangement. Scholes must have seen which way the wind was blowing.
Even so he knows the club, his boyhood team, think management is just not for him, better go back to his boring TV punditry, and plough the cash into Salford with his manure buddies where cash is no object

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:59 pm

robsraiders wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:32 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Even so he knows the club, his boyhood team, think management is just not for him, better go back to his boring TV punditry, and plough the cash into Salford with his manure buddies where cash is no object
I presume this has happened to most people, it's certainly happened to me.

You take a job then find out that things won't be going in the way in which you were led to believe. In my case I was told to do things in a cheap and hurried way, and in some cases lie to the client if they queried anything. I wasn't prepared to do this but soldiered on for a little while hoping things would change, but they didn't, so I had no choice other than to leave. I had my reputation and pride at stake.

I suspect you don't like Scholes, but all I'm saying is if you know things are not what they should be and you are being taken for a mug, why hang around and make things worse for yourself?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Are you Martin Gray in disguise?

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:27 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:59 pm
robsraiders wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:32 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I presume this has happened to most people, it's certainly happened to me.

You take a job then find out that things won't be going in the way in which you were led to believe. In my case I was told to do things in a cheap and hurried way, and in some cases lie to the client if they queried anything. I wasn't prepared to do this but soldiered on for a little while hoping things would change, but they didn't, so I had no choice other than to leave. I had my reputation and pride at stake.

I suspect you don't like Scholes, but all I'm saying is if you know things are not what they should be and you are being taken for a mug, why hang around and make things worse for yourself?
I agree with this statement, I have been to plenty of jobs where I have been sold a job at the interview and it turns out they have sold me a turd.

You have the added factor that does Scholes really need the job from a financial point of view....no, he has been used to working with Rolls Royce players, now he is working with Vauxhall Corsa's - it all means that it is so easy for ex millionaire players like him to walk away when the going gets tough. At least he has had a go and may be he has realized that management is not for him.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman