Darlington V FC United

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Seventynine
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V FC United

Post by Seventynine » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:26 pm

football club needs to re-new

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:27 pm

What? No, I'd definitely get shot. But it's not going to happen before the end of the season.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:33 pm

why are we not debating new mangerment then ?

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:35 pm

this season is over ...release the shyte we have had and get some new fresh blood in who know how to play fooking football

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:45 pm

Hutchy, I don't think he is saying that we should give him another year, just the same as what I feel, that maybe a decision has already been made, but he'll be here until his contract (allegedly) runs out at the end of the season. Not once was it referenced at the Netcafé that TW would be here next year, or even a hint dropped. TW seems to be doing less interviews these days and AW more. TW has not said anything about next season, not the slightest hint dropped. Either he's been given the last few games of the season to prove himself, or people behind the scenes know that a decision has been made regarding next season.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:47 pm

Yes, exactly

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:50 pm

We will know in 3 weeks time hopefully

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:54 pm

hutchy dear me . and bless him if hes still on ...there just blots ......3 weeks ?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Let's just get through the next 4 games.

No launch of BTB probably tells you where we are off the field, my final one comes out on Monday and I had signed up well before now this time last year.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:27 pm

You don't have to be the most nuanced person in the world to see which way the wind is blowing with regard to TW's future, you only have to look at his demeanour in his interviews.

What is clear is that he believes that people have over-reacted in the slump towards the relegation places. He says in his post-match interview: "I haven't been the one that's been scared of going down. It seems to have been everybody else that seems to think we were going to and it made a bad situation even worse. I think we are safe like I thought we were weeks ago."

He also alludes to his belief that the side has also had more than its fair share of bad luck during this sticky period.

RE today's match, we were clearly the better side and largely there was a gulf between the sides even though they had their moments in the game. I thought Jackson, Ainge and Galbraith were excellent throughout. It always strikes me how with Ainge at the back he's never beaten in the air, times his challenges on the deck really well and is constantly organising those around him.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:04 am

First trip to BM. Good to see so many faces I meet at away games. Pleasantly surprised with the ground and I moved around to see it from a variety of places. Thought we played okay and once Thommo got going he was a constant nuisance. Defence was excellent and the new lads fitted in well although once again they're all getting used to each other.
Seventynine could you please put all your posts into one paragraph. It's very confusing to try to follow you at the best of times.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:59 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:04 am
First trip to BM. Good to see so many faces I meet at away games. Pleasantly surprised with the ground and I moved around to see it from a variety of places. Thought we played okay and once Thommo got going he was a constant nuisance. Defence was excellent and the new lads fitted in well although once again they're all getting used to each other.
Seventynine could you please put all your posts into one paragraph. It's very confusing to try to follow you at the best of times.
I didn't realise you were coming over, at least you saw a decent game, which you can't say has happened too often recently. Sorry I missed you.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:11 am

Mixture of emotions, relief - that looks like we are staying up, frustration - lack of a CF who can finish off chances we create, pride - the club was saved yet again by the fans, dismay - over the management of the team.
Nevertheless, have renewed my season ticket - must be my heart ruling my head.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:57 am

Cheers Pete, I did look for you!

Yackley_Quaker

Post by Yackley_Quaker » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:32 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:04 am
Was good to see you at Blackwell and hopefully we'll see you again in future. You could even meet up with DRAC pre- match and we'll treat you to a tour of local hostelries !! :-)

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:23 am

Would of liked to see more of Kit Elliott in the remaining games, if he gets some game time and of course can perform at this level we might try to extend his loan into next season, but obviously if he just sits on the bench for 85 minuets his parent club might as well take him back.
On another note we need to rest headless Harvey.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:44 am

That depends on the chauffer! Like Mick, I'm a fizzy lager boy. Cheers

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:50 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:27 pm
You don't have to be the most nuanced person in the world to see which way the wind is blowing with regard to TW's future, you only have to look at his demeanour in his interviews.

What is clear is that he believes that people have over-reacted in the slump towards the relegation places. He says in his post-match interview: "I haven't been the one that's been scared of going down. It seems to have been everybody else that seems to think we were going to and it made a bad situation even worse. I think we are safe like I thought we were weeks ago."

He also alludes to his belief that the side has also had more than its fair share of bad luck during this sticky period.

RE today's match, we were clearly the better side and largely there was a gulf between the sides even though they had their moments in the game. I thought Jackson, Ainge and Galbraith were excellent throughout. It always strikes me how with Ainge at the back he's never beaten in the air, times his challenges on the deck really well and is constantly organising those around him.
Guess, he's on his way out then? Deluded, passing the blame off when clearly he has underachieved this season. Yes, sometimes luck can desert you but the majority of the season has been woeful and we are only lucky there are 3/4 teams worse. I don't believe that we have the worst of finances but he has wasted what we had and whether it was overconfidence from him and the board, in terms of the achievement goals set at the start of the season we are a million miles away from them. I'd be very very surprised if he leads us into next season off the back of this season's garbage.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:05 am

Real Darlo, in terms of our finances it was reported at the Netcafé that TW had had a budget of 330k I think. That's a lot more than many of us imagined. We should have done a lot better than that, as you say, then crowds would not have dwindled and we wouldn't have had to have sold our players to stay afloat during the season. Reading between the lines and looking at the evidence it would appear that his days are numbered, but we don't know for sure. As for Alan White? Will he be allowed to step up to the plate, will we keep him on as Academy coach, is he already tarnished by association? Lots of questions, and I hope ASAP we can assure mathematical safety and an answer is given.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:28 am

330k - that's basically the playing budget which Gray had - I'm astonished that Wright assembled such a lop sided, thin squad on such a generous budget.

Although the 330k, was that the playing budget or the overall budget including management etc?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:38 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:28 am
330k - that's basically the playing budget which Gray had - I'm astonished that Wright assembled such a lop sided, thin squad on such a generous budget.

Although the 330k, was that the playing budget or the overall budget including management etc?
That would be my question, I thought the budget was around 270k without management etc.

If it was 330k and then management on top of that then Wright has done even worse than I thought.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:53 am

I'm not sure myself. Even if it was 'just' 270k then it's still a decent chunk. MG reckoned you needed a budget of 400k to compete with some of the bankrollers.
Here's the direct quote from the Netcafé "Our initial annual playing budget was set at £330k for the season and that was based against projected crowds and income. As results suffered and crowds fell we lost income and players were sold to help balance the shortfall".

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:19 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:53 am
I'm not sure myself. Even if it was 'just' 270k then it's still a decent chunk. MG reckoned you needed a budget of 400k to compete with some of the bankrollers.
Here's the direct quote from the Netcafé "Our initial annual playing budget was set at £330k for the season and that was based against projected crowds and income. As results suffered and crowds fell we lost income and players were sold to help balance the shortfall".
So basically the club's finances for the season were somewhat gambled. I know there will be an element of this in costings and it's unavoidable to an extent because of how we are funded as a fan-owned club. It just shows what can go wrong when we have a season like we have had and we don't yet know what effect this will have going into next season.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

bga

Post by bga » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Spoke to an FC United Shareholder at the game yesterday he told me their playing Budget at start of the season was £160,000, believed to be the lowest in the League.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Presumably FC United must have some significant debts from building their stadium? Their crowds are bigger than ours

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:27 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
So it was set at 330k for players at the start of the season, so no surprise that most believe the budget was wasted and we underperformed massively this season.

The accounts advise (*2018-2019 figures are a guess with info from netcafe)

2016-2017 (First season in Nat North) - Our budget was £245k players only then £331k for players, staff and transfer fees (in & out).
2017-2018 (MG leaves Wright has to come in sell and reduce the budget) Our budget was £351k players only then £369.5k for players, staff and transfer fees (in & out).
2018-2019 (This season) Our budget started at £330k for players. Guessing at the other stuff, I would say probably about £350k after players leaving etc. However the budget was cut, let's say 30k then budget of players £300k and overall £320k.

We should be doing better with the budget we had/have simple as that.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:03 pm

TW's summer recruitment really came back to haunt him this season. There were a handul of crucial signings in key positions which didn't work out. A keeper who had to be replaced, a key central midfielder who couldn't play there, had major issues and then left and a central defender who proved a disastrous signing.

When you add in a key striker who it never worked out for in that position and a winger who has hardly featured you can see how TW was always struggling against the tide. There was also a real imbalance in the squad because of the above.

I remember him saying we would be running with a more concentrated squad but with more quality than the previous season. So many mistakes in the summer recuitment in the end helped to drag us down. The positives for me from the summer are Nicholson, who is a real asset; Elliott, who I like and is versatile with a great attitude, and I think Ainge is a great central defender, although obviously not what he was signed for.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:27 pm

i think hes gone

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:30 pm

i think hes gone to the.................. toilet

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:33 pm

you dont half change your tune loidlucan ..i respected you in the obvious of sacking this uselees manager