The rugby club strike again

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mister e
Team Supported: Darlington

The rugby club strike again

Post by Mister e » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:21 pm

Sold out of pies today before half past two they really don't want us there do they we're just viewed has wallets on legs. The drier in the outside gents toilet wasn't working again there was no hot water again the toilet inside the club itself was out of order again. And there was so few people in the bar after the game the place was like a bloody morgue. Request to all our fans please buy a few more euro millions tickets over the summer anything to get us out of the soulless hovel.

Emdubya

Re: The rugby club strike again

Post by Emdubya » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:34 pm

They don’t want us there because they’ed run out of pies??
Have a word with yourself :roll:

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:38 pm

All right fair enough with the pies but the other basic stuff that I mentioned ? ? ?

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:39 pm

I bought a sausage and it wasn’t cooked through. Awful food on offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:23 pm

Simples DONT but there food, I stopped when I bought a chip butty with about 15 chips.. The food is appalling.. They WILL never get any of my money again

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:40 pm

How many times they run out of chips is ridiculous, just a bunch of young inexperienced kids serving who haven't got a clue.They are so slow and even at one game missed 2 goals having been kept hanging on for 25 mins.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:53 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:40 pm
How many times they run out of chips is ridiculous, just a bunch of young inexperienced kids serving who haven't got a clue.They are so slow and even at one game missed 2 goals having been kept hanging on for 25 mins.

Jesus!. You actually missed a quarter of a game for a bag of chips! .Priceless :lol:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:00 pm

Emdubya wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Jesus!. You actually missed a quarter of a game for a bag of chips! .Priceless Image
No, that 25 mins included 15 mins for HT and 10 mins in the 2nd half, but managed to see one of the goals through the window.Have never come across staff as slow or as useless as that lot.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:08 pm

When we were at heritage park we were allowed to do our own catering if my memory serves me right and seeing has the rugby club are charging us rent for a specific time frame Darlington FC should be allowed to use their own catering staff for that allotted time problem solved.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:17 pm

Emdubya wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Jesus!. You actually missed a quarter of a game for a bag of chips! .Priceless Image
Have u actually been to BM to see how hopeless it is??

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:19 pm

What about erecting a marquee like Spenny have opposite the club house to serve beer and food??

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:23 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:19 pm
What about erecting a marquee like Spenny have opposite the club house to serve beer and food??

Rugby club complete the catering that's part of the agreement, not sure they want to give it up. Pretty sure the question has been asked.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:24 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:What about erecting a marquee like Spenny have opposite the club house to serve beer and food??

Can you see the rugby boys agreeing to this, they will without doubt come up with some reason to block it, all they think of is getting as much as they can from us and cannot see it changing.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:27 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:17 pm
Emdubya wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

I’m there every game Harry but I go to watch the game ,not to pay inflated prices for junk food.
If you think it’s crap then don’t buy it.Simple

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:55 pm

Emdubya wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:17 pm
Emdubya wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

I’m there every game Harry but I go to watch the game ,not to pay inflated prices for junk food.
If you think it’s crap then don’t buy it.Simple
I totally agree I dont pay those prices once bitten twice shy as they say

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:58 pm

I don't buy food from the ground, however I do feel sorry for travelling supporters. I know what it's like to travel for 3 & 1/2 hrs and you want some decent food and not to be ripped off - what we offer away support from what I can see is poor.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:38 pm

Ive been to various grounds across the country from premier league to northern league level and food at grounds is generally dire and over priced so i tend to have a bar meal in a nearby pub but yeah it theres no pub nearby and nowt else around the ground you are stuck with the shite on offer. Exceptions have been kidderminster harriers, harrogate town and chester city who do homeade chips
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:18 pm

shildonlad wrote:Ive been to various grounds across the country from premier league to northern league level and food at grounds is generally dire and over priced so i tend to have a bar meal in a nearby pub but yeah it theres no pub nearby and nowt else around the ground you are stuck with the shite on offer. Exceptions have been kidderminster harriers, harrogate town and chester city who do homeade chips
Bradford park ave are good homemade chips too

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:24 pm
HarrytheQuaker wrote:What about erecting a marquee like Spenny have opposite the club house to serve beer and food??

Can you see the rugby boys agreeing to this, they will without doubt come up with some reason to block it, all they think of is getting as much as they can from us and cannot see it changing.

I picked up from a reliable source today that at the appropriate time D.J. Will get this issue sorted.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:54 am

If we want them to provide food that is edible, they'll probably use it as an excuse to double the prices!!!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:28 am

I know that Arsenal serve free beer & wine, variety of free sandwiches (including prawn) and a free proramme to season ticket holders all for around £4000. Catch is, the waiting list (£50 to go on list). Am sure we could improve the catering by raising prices to this level. Coincidentally Arsenal have won as many trophies this season as we have.

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:48 am

On a more serious point when we finally are in control of our own catering needs the income will form a vital part of our overall income. A point that the powers to be at the new Tottenham stadium have realised. Their average match day income from catering is £800.000.00 per game Not saying Darlo should or could ever match this but whatever can be raised ...should be raised and as soon as possible.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:33 am

What is the average attendance at Tottenham (new stadium = novelty remember)?

62000 so they are making what £13 per person in food and drink sales?

What are the cost of sales? What are the prices charged?

We know as it has been discussed multiple times by multiple CEOs. The profit from food and drink is negligible. That is why at HP we brought in external caterers who had the economies of scale to make profit.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:50 pm

Also the slim margins is why the rugby club got rid of their very able steward and now rely on volunteer staff who don't cope well with massive peaks in demand

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:16 pm

The income from food is negligible in such small amounts. They'd probably be better just renting out the huts to local traders as concessions, for a token amount. Support some local businesses. Food trucks and the like are all the rage these days, i dare say someone would be prepared to do it and give the clubs a cut of whatever - it might involve raising their usual prices slightly to make it profitable but most folks expect to pay a little above market rate at the game anyway, and if the product is actually a decent quality, provided by people who know what they're doing, i doubt they'd complain.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:44 pm

Mister e wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:08 pm
When we were at heritage park we were allowed to do our own catering if my memory serves me right and seeing has the rugby club are charging us rent for a specific time frame Darlington FC should be allowed to use their own catering staff for that allotted time problem solved.
Sounds no different to when DFC used to run their own catering outlets at the Arena. Not sure why this makes you think the rugby club don't want us there.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:26 pm

I rarely buy food at games but I make an exception at Chorley, especially when the weather's like the Arctic. Their catering team and food are brilliant.

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:32 pm

H1987 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:16 pm
The income from food is negligible in such small amounts. They'd probably be better just renting out the huts to local traders as concessions, for a token amount. Support some local businesses. Food trucks and the like are all the rage these days, i dare say someone would be prepared to do it and give the clubs a cut of whatever - it might involve raising their usual prices slightly to make it profitable but most folks expect to pay a little above market rate at the game anyway, and if the product is actually a decent quality, provided by people who know what they're doing, i doubt they'd complain.
Exactly this.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:45 pm

Went to harrogate on bank holiday monday, homeade burgers and cajun spiced chips, spot on but heard that it was a private firm. Anyone been to salford there seemed to be alot of different kiosks there from different firms doing food
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams