Gateshead

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Re: Gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Fri May 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:This is bad for Gateshead - and yes before you bring it up shildonlad I did say fuck off Gateshead the other week - although I didn't literally mean fuck off Gateshead, what I meant was "lucky bastards" because I thought Dunphy was going to come and rescue you at that time.

Looks like that luck has ran out for now, but it's not nice to see in any case.

You should hold off on the breakaway club though, see what happens with the actual club first? Worst case scenario and Heed go bust you can start again as a phoenix at step 5 or 6 rather than step 7.

Another bad scenario, actually just as bad as worst case scenario - Heed are moved elsewhere and renamed like Wimbledon and Evenwood were, then obviously a breakaway club is then the solution.
I fully agree but i guess the key figures behind the breakaway club did not want to hang around whislt there are so many iffs and buts; will the club move out of town, get liquidated or a very remote chance of been sold? So many bizarre and contradictory statements make this very bizare and harder to figure out whats going on. Have a reas of this and make your own mind up on the goings on:
https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/mo ... ssion=true
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri May 03, 2019 5:33 pm

The supporters club statement summarises the bizare interview from the chairman
http://www.gfcsoul.co.uk/2019/05/gatesh ... interview/
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 03, 2019 5:39 pm

Apparently they only have one employee and he is due to leave soon. I can't see anyway they'll come back from this.

divas

Post by divas » Fri May 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:39 pm
Apparently they only have one employee and he is due to leave soon. I can't see anyway they'll come back from this.
By employing some new staff and players probably.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri May 03, 2019 5:51 pm

Didn't Peter Grant used to have something to do with us?

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri May 03, 2019 5:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Apparently they only have one employee and he is due to leave soon. I can't see anyway they'll come back from this.
Actually not quote true until today scott barrow was the only employee left as he is contracted until june but because he and the rest of the players and staff aint got there wages for april yet his contract will be void.
However things are looking up. Pa announcer peter grant is now media manager who has extensive background in tv and radio apparently and has appeared on tv. There is a new 1st team coach in place, dave dickinson who had never managed a team until January when he became reserve team manager after loaning the real owner joe cala 5k. Also two new directors: local business man trevor clark who has no football background at all and of course the trusted nigel harrop who had success at ilkeston. Dont write them off just yet ha ha

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri May 03, 2019 5:59 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Didn't Peter Grant used to have something to do with us?
Im sure he will be a asset to gateshead
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48134467

divas

Post by divas » Fri May 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:51 pm
Yes he was the (awful cringeworthy) PA at the Arena

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri May 03, 2019 6:49 pm

divas wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:51 pm
Yes he was the (awful cringeworthy) PA at the Arena
Seems old habits die hard mind he has some pedigree ha ha as he was pa announcer at hillsborough during euro 96

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Fri May 03, 2019 7:31 pm

While it may not happen anytime soon, I can see a situation where Spennymoor may end up in serious trouble, theres only so much Brad can put in. What is the ultimate goal for Spenny anyway, are they dreaming of joining the EFL one day, or just happy hanging round the National League/National League North

Spenny can easily be compared to Gateshead, historically they have averaged a similar number of fans over the last few years, both been heavily backed, Graham Wood backed Gateshead through the 2000's and 2010's and of Brad Groves putting 7 figures in Spenny, as far as I am aware, a quick Google Search suggests Brad is not that extremely rich.

Not sure what Spennys break even figure is, but I remember Graham Wood once saying Gateshead needed 3,000 fans just to break even at a time they were averaging around 600. Should Spennymoor go up, I would imagine the break even figure would be about the same number given there would be a massive budget increase.
Company Check Website wrote:
About Mr Bradley Groves

Mr Bradley Groves holds 2 appointments at 2 active companies, has resigned from 4 companies and held 5 appointments at 5 dissolved companies. Their longest current appointment spans 7 years, 8 months and 14 days at SPENNYMOOR TOWN FC LTD.
The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where BRADLEY holds a current appointment equals £1.2m, a combined total current assets value of £5.5m with a total current liabilities of £5.7m and a total current net worth of £1.4m. Roles associated with Mr Bradley Groves within the recorded businesses include: Director
For every Crawley, Fleetwood and Forest Green (all heavily backed at some point) there are loads of other clubs who dont have a pot to piss in. In recent years, teams like Histon and Truro were heavily backed and it backfired, Histon are now back at Step 4, Truro relegated from National League South, Durham were heavily backed in the late 2000's only to see the funding stop when The then Conference telling them they would not take Durham into Conference North as they were playing on a 3G pitch to a point they came back to the Northern League the same year we did and now, they barely exist after being evicted from New Ferens Park, and of course North Ferriby were recently liquidated.

I would hope other clubs put measures in place to stop full scale meltdowns

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

murtonquaker

Post by murtonquaker » Fri May 03, 2019 7:33 pm

Out of interest...

Where would a Gateshead newco play out of, I am guessing The International Stadium would be out the question.

Would they look to groundshare with someone like Dunston, Hebburn, Whickham, Ryton or at a push South Shields, Consett or one of the Lower League Newcastle teams

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri May 03, 2019 7:36 pm

murtonquaker wrote:Out of interest...

Where would a Gateshead newco play out of, I am guessing The International Stadium would be out the question.

Would they look to groundshare with someone like Dunston, Hebburn, Whickham, Ryton or at a push South Shields, Consett or one of the Lower League Newcastle teams

Been told in the borough of gateshead the international stadium is possible seen as though the current gateshead have been evicted and the council have helped the club out before when fans ran it. Failing that i would guess dunston, birtley, wickham or ryton. No other grounds up to scratch in the borough of gateshead

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 03, 2019 7:45 pm

The people who are setting up the phoenix club, said they would be playing in the centre of Gateshead, which surely rule out the International Stadium.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:58 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:48 pm
This is bad for Gateshead - and yes before you bring it up shildonlad I did say fuck off Gateshead the other week - although I didn't literally mean fuck off Gateshead, what I meant was "lucky bastards" because I thought Dunphy was going to come and rescue you at that time.

Looks like that luck has ran out for now, but it's not nice to see in any case.

You should hold off on the breakaway club though, see what happens with the actual club first? Worst case scenario and Heed go bust you can start again as a phoenix at step 5 or 6 rather than step 7.

Another bad scenario, actually just as bad as worst case scenario - Heed are moved elsewhere and renamed like Wimbledon and Evenwood were, then obviously a breakaway club is then the solution.
Lovely stuff.

murtonquaker

Post by murtonquaker » Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 pm

shildonlad wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:Out of interest...

Been told in the borough of gateshead the international stadium is possible seen as though the current gateshead have been evicted and the council have helped the club out before when fans ran it. Failing that i would guess dunston, birtley, wickham or ryton. No other grounds up to scratch in the borough of gateshead
I remember a few years back, the club had ambitious plans to build a 7,800 seat Stadium, looked like it would have been a nice little Stadium near the Civic Centre on Prince Consort Road, why did that never get off the ground? Lack of funding? or could not get planning permission?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun May 05, 2019 1:07 pm

On the subject of bankrolling, another club in our league has just been dealt a massive blow. Southport's major investor, who ploughed in a stack of cash to allow them to go full-time and splash the money on signings, has left to take over at Huddersfield. They had been talking about targeting the Football League but now it's all about "living within our means." It's a shock to the system when the money-men pull out but at least he's not claiming it was all a loan. They struggled in the league when they were minted so God knows how they'll fare now.

And in a further blow to the club, the man who ran the supporters' buses has quit. The Trust in Yellow Travel Club said:

"Unfortunately, there has been a repeated number of incidents of bad behaviour, abuse, unsociable and morally reprehensible conduct from a small minority of the fan base both on and off the coaches, which has caused a great deal of distress for Bill and the board, and ultimately has led to Bill's decision to step down."

"Morally reprehensible conduct"..... Bloody ell, what have they been up to on the back of the bus :shock:

shildonlad

Gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Mon May 06, 2019 8:53 pm

In a new sickening low the go fund me page for the new club has been reported as someone using a fake profile with a pic of a young lad from america is saying its a fraud and people should get refunded. Its definitely not. The people who set it up are nowt but genuine fans and further proof everything been done at gateshead is out of spite. What next heavies threatening the supporters club chairman

divas

Post by divas » Mon May 06, 2019 8:59 pm

Par for the course, we’ve been there and had that. Good luck to them but it won’t be easy.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Mon May 06, 2019 9:08 pm

divas wrote:Par for the course, we’ve been there and had that. Good luck to them but it won’t be easy.
Cheers dont think anyone thinks it will be easy but did anyone black the darlington 1883 fundraising

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon May 06, 2019 9:45 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:08 pm
divas wrote:Par for the course, we’ve been there and had that. Good luck to them but it won’t be easy.
Cheers dont think anyone thinks it will be easy but did anyone black the darlington 1883 fundraising
Who are Darlington 1883?

divas

Post by divas » Tue May 07, 2019 5:35 am

shildonlad wrote:
Yes, our original share offer to save the club was reported to the FCA / FSA and a couple of hundred grands worth of pledges had to be cancelled / refunded

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun May 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Looks like Gateshead will go under this week as a host of measures need to be in place by Wednesday and they won't be. Reprieve for Aldershot on the cards. Crowdfunding for the new club also seems to have slowed right down.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:42 pm

I feel for their fans, but the whole thing makes no sense.

Apparently Dunphy actually offered money for the club, and the lunatics running the show refused. I absolutely do not get it. They're going to be wound up, and there is no end game at all. I know people with money tend to have fragile egos, but what the heck is to be achieved from all of this? Apparently they demanded 100k, and Dunphy made an offer, but less than this amount (but presumably a lot more than the quid they were supposed to be willing to accept months ago). I've no grasp on why you wouldn't take whatever Dunphy is offering, as opposed to the absolutely nothing that you're going to get otherwise. You can't really play hardball at this point. The fans don't have the money to buy the team, no one else is interested, and they own absolutely nothing in the way of infrastructure. All there is at this point is a place in the national league - but in buying that place, you have to be stuck in a stadium that loses money, a small fanbase, and you've absolutely no team in place, so it's overwhelmingly likely you'd be relegated again.

It's absolutely crackers. I don't get it at all. Also, Dunphy seems like a decent bloke, but what's the connection to Gateshead? If he wants another club to chuck some money at....

Also - they've only raised 10k for this supporters club... and over 500 quid of it came from Leyton Orient fans... not good for them. I'm not sure they'll have either the club, or a phoenix club at this rate. It could be the end for them.
Last edited by H1987 on Sun May 19, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Sun May 19, 2019 6:00 pm

divas wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
Yes, our original share offer to save the club was reported to the FCA / FSA and a couple of hundred grands worth of pledges had to be cancelled / refunded
Always wondered who the culprit was, had one or two suspicions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun May 19, 2019 6:17 pm

The idiots who took charge at Gateshead probably thought the International Stadium was part of the package :shock:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed May 22, 2019 11:41 am

A supporter-led takeover has been completed but still a lot of stuff has to fall into place re their future.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed May 22, 2019 11:48 am

I think it's a step to far with monies owed to HMRC and other creditors. However I would love to see them make it through this mire and survive even if they have to start qt steps 6/7 good luck with it gateshead supporters consortium.

divas

Post by divas » Wed May 22, 2019 12:01 pm

Debts are only reported to be £95K and they have a £100K bond held by the National League so I doubt its insurmountable - they’ve overcome the biggest hurdle which was removing Varghese and Cala from the picture. I expect Chris Dunphy will now come back to the table and provide a small amount of finance to allow them to start moving forward again. If Dunphy does get involved I’d expect that Keith Hill will be appointed as manager and Clark & Watson will more than likely end up being offered coaching roles again.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:46 pm

Presumably Dunphy will come back now the idiots have been dealt with.

I'm happy for them, but still slightly envious we couldn't get someone like Dunphy who wanted to invest in us when the need was desperate. I wonder if he has some long term strategy for them.

murtonquaker

Post by murtonquaker » Wed May 22, 2019 2:11 pm

Gateshead F.C. sold to Supporters

The supporters have bought it at the 11th hour for 25 stacks...Think it was sold literally before the Club had a meeting in London with the National League

Theres also a possibility of Chris Dunphy coming on board