Evostik playoffs

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Evostik playoffs

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 04, 2019 6:05 pm

I'm delighted that South Shields aren't coming up. I'm sure don't buy the son will be delighted as well.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat May 04, 2019 6:34 pm

They'll be gutted with that. Big, expensive squad but sounds like something was missing when the chips were down and they didn't play well. No doubt they will be strengthening again to try to get Project EFL on track.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Sat May 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm delighted that South Shields aren't coming up. I'm sure don't buy the son will be delighted as well.
Is having more local teams in the same division not better for us, they may have more money than us, may be competing for the same players, but they would have brought a decent following and we would have took a decent up to Shields.

Having more local teams is more beneficial in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 04, 2019 7:14 pm

murtonquaker wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:01 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm delighted that South Shields aren't coming up. I'm sure don't buy the son will be delighted as well.
Is having more local teams in the same division not better for us, they may have more money than us, may be competing for the same players, but they would have brought a decent following and we would have took a decent up to Shields.

Generally I agree, but in South Shields case they would be too strong financially for us to compete with them, another season in the Evostick North won't do them any harm.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat May 04, 2019 7:52 pm

My feelings exactly Pete

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat May 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Generally I agree, but in South Shields case they would be too strong financially for us to compete with them, another season in the Evostick North won't do them any harm.
They’re not in the Evostik North. There isn’t even a division called that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat May 04, 2019 8:45 pm

So if Warrington do get through the next game, what’s the story on them nowadays ? Anyone.

I do remember them at HP what a fiasco that was, those were the days :lol:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat May 04, 2019 9:09 pm

Would like one more local team in our league - namely Hartlepool :lol:
What will happen to Gateshead next season? Hope they keep going, otherwise if they went out the league, this would leave one space which would ripple down the pyramid. Having gone through the pain of administration and restarting, would not wish that on any team.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sat May 04, 2019 10:18 pm

Cant see gateshead starting next season. With folk in charge so bad it would be best for all parties if they were wound up. On a brighter note well done warrington. I suspect there will be riots in south shields tonight and calls to sack the managers
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:46 am

Darlopartisan wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:45 pm
So if Warrington do get through the next game, what’s the story on them nowadays ? Anyone.

I do remember them at HP what a fiasco that was, those were the days :lol:
An extremely well run club by all accounts on the face of it. Paul Carden seems to have decent local contacts and seems to have a habit of picking players up who operate in Sunday league football in Liverpool. Such as last seasons top scorer Jamie McDonald (Kensington Fields), Ben Garrity (Oyster Martyrs) and Connor McCarthy (Allerton).

Carden is a professional ultimately, different proposition to what Reid was.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon May 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Could South Shields buy Gateshead for £1 as their owner stated he would put it up for sale (plus someone refunding his £200k bond with FA). What is to stop them buying the GFC name and rebadging but in National League, thus leapfrogging the NLN? FA really have to get a grip on club finances, not just in lower leagues but in the top ones too. Boro feel they have been shafted by teams finishing above them living way beyond their means, even looking at going to court to get someone to take action.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon May 06, 2019 3:53 pm

So it's Warrington v Kings Lynn. Selfishly, would like Kings Lynn as it's a near match for me. Also, they'll be less of a threat than Warrington. Warrington have to be big favourites though.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon May 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:53 pm
So it's Warrington v Kings Lynn. Selfishly, would like Kings Lynn as it's a near match for me. Also, they'll be less of a threat than Warrington. Warrington have to be big favourites though.
KL is easy to get to for London exiles too: direct train from King's X, 1hr 45mins.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon May 06, 2019 5:00 pm

So, it's only from Darlington that the journey takes three days and requires pack mule for at least part of the trek :D

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon May 06, 2019 6:36 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:00 pm
So, it's only from Darlington that the journey takes three days and requires pack mule for at least part of the trek :D
There's an express horse and cart runs from Peterborough.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 06, 2019 6:57 pm

biccynana wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:36 pm
LoidLucan wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:00 pm
There's an express horse and cart runs from Peterborough.
Wonder how many days it would take Andy to walk there. :lol:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon May 06, 2019 7:48 pm

Go look at the moon Pete.