Bartlett

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

jjlewis1k89

Bartlett

Post by jjlewis1k89 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:01 pm

Seen Bartletts been released by York, would anyone have him back???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Bartlett

Post by Spyman » Tue May 07, 2019 3:06 pm

Definitely if he'd fit within our wage structure however I'd guess that depends if he wants to stay full-time. Maybe worth keeping tabs on him to see if he's still looking come the end of the summer.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Tue May 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Have him back tomorrow. Experienced, organiser and shouter. Whether we could afford him is another matter.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue May 07, 2019 4:04 pm

Best keeper we have had for some time. If everything can fit together then 100% yes from me.

SFG

Post by SFG » Tue May 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Has left York City and has taken up a full time job "in the North East" with a sports clothing company. Apparently wants part time football but not the travelling involved in Nat.League North. Heading for Northern League it seems.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue May 07, 2019 4:24 pm

Would love him back here, suspect he will end up at Shields though.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Tue May 07, 2019 4:53 pm

AndyPark wrote:Would love him back here, suspect he will end up at Shields though.
South Shields seem to rate Connell highly, reckon he could end up at Shildon with Gray if he does not fancy the travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 07, 2019 8:49 pm

Does anybody know how old Bartlett is?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue May 07, 2019 8:54 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:49 pm
His mam does

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue May 07, 2019 9:04 pm

loan_star wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:54 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:49 pm
His mam does
So do Prof. Google and Dr Wikipedia.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 07, 2019 10:20 pm

So do I, he's 33 and would be a good signing if a deal could be worked out to suit both parties.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Tue May 07, 2019 10:37 pm

What is this obsession with ex players he was dropped at York city because of a loss of form. Please please let's sign a hungry and ambitious young keeper Jake turner esque it's the most important position on the pitch. And at the end of the day it didn't take Adam Bartlett long to show where is true loyalties laid when his manager jumped ship for a full time pay packet.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue May 07, 2019 10:46 pm

Mister e wrote:What is this obsession with ex players he was dropped at York city because of a loss of form. Please please let's sign a hungry and ambitious young keeper Jake turner esque it's the most important position on the pitch. And at the end of the day it didn't take Adam Bartlett long to show where is true loyalties laid when his manager jumped ship for a full time pay packet.
Why do you blame him for that??? I'm sure 9/10 people in life would do the same..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Tue May 07, 2019 10:54 pm

If you remember though Harry he upended ed wyzinski sorry about spelling who was in the form of his life and had started keeping clean sheets after jamesons departure and had been patiently waiting to claim his place in the first team. If I remember correctly Bartlett had left Hartlepool so he could concentrate on coaching and playing part time.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 07, 2019 11:23 pm

Bartlett lost his coaching job while he was with us and this change of circumstances hit his income. Gray knew about this and made his move, Bartlett did nothing wrong.

Now his situation has changed again. I wouldn’t mind a young keeper on loan but how do you know what you’re going to get?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed May 08, 2019 12:38 am

Mister e wrote:What is this obsession with ex players he was dropped at York city because of a loss of form. Please please let's sign a hungry and ambitious young keeper Jake turner esque it's the most important position on the pitch. And at the end of the day it didn't take Adam Bartlett long to show where is true loyalties laid when his manager jumped ship for a full time pay packet.
I know, shocking that he'd choose financial stability for him and his family over a part-time wage at a club at risk of financial implosion. How very selfish of him.

You remind me of the muppets who had a go at players who left us when we were in our 2012 administration. One regular poster here genuinely said something along the lines of 'If they were truly loyal, they'd have stuck with us during admin'.

It's staggering how some fans don't get that this is merely a job to a lot of players.

I also think you're airbrushing history with Wilcynzski. He was an average keeper who played second fiddle to Jameson for a reason. He's now with Northern Counties East League side Liversedge, so has hardly gone on to have a stellar career, with the greatest respect to him.

Bartlett was better than him, so replaced him. Saying Wilcynzski was "in the form of his life" really is stretching it.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed May 08, 2019 1:34 am

Mister e wrote:If you remember though Harry he upended ed wyzinski sorry about spelling who was in the form of his life and had started keeping clean sheets after jamesons departure and had been patiently waiting to claim his place in the first team. If I remember correctly Bartlett had left Hartlepool so he could concentrate on coaching and playing part time.
Fecking blinkered you are!! Gramps has raised good points..

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed May 08, 2019 11:30 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:38 am
I know, shocking that he'd choose financial stability for him and his family over a part-time wage at a club at risk of financial implosion. How very selfish of him.

You remind me of the muppets who had a go at players who left us when we were in our 2012 administration. One regular poster here genuinely said something along the lines of 'If they were truly loyal, they'd have stuck with us during admin'.

It's staggering how some fans don't get that this is merely a job to a lot of players.

I also think you're airbrushing history with Wilcynzski. He was an average keeper who played second fiddle to Jameson for a reason. He's now with Northern Counties East League side Liversedge, so has hardly gone on to have a stellar career, with the greatest respect to him.

Bartlett was better than him, so replaced him. Saying Wilcynzski was "in the form of his life" really is stretching it.
We don't always see eye to eye, but Gramps is spot on here

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed May 08, 2019 7:21 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:38 am

We'd all make the same choice the same position.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed May 08, 2019 7:29 pm

I was there at the home tie v Harrogate in the FA Trophy and with a better keeper we would have won that night.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Fri May 10, 2019 5:59 pm

Gone to wickham. Never saw that one coming, did not used to have a pot to piss in
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:47 pm

shildonlad wrote:Gone to wickham. Never saw that one coming, did not used to have a pot to piss in
Really surprised, thought a move to Shildon would be more likely

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri May 10, 2019 11:40 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
shildonlad wrote:Gone to wickham. Never saw that one coming, did not used to have a pot to piss in

Me too, shildons a team that want to move up. Tbh i thought the evostick was more barletts level. What a waste a wickham
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat May 11, 2019 6:23 am

shildonlad wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Me too, shildons a team that want to move up. Tbh i thought the evostick was more barletts level. What a waste a wickham
He could play at national league north easily but he’s got a full time job and wants to stay local as he doesn’t want to do the travelling

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:12 am

D_F_C wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

He could play at national league north easily but he’s got a full time job and wants to stay local as he doesn’t want to do the travelling

Understandable but there are far better sides than Whickham in the NL. They finished 17th out of 18 last season.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Whickham probably have a bit of money to splash on upgrading their team after their FA Cup exploits last season.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat May 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Whickham probably have a bit of money to splash on upgrading their team after their FA Cup exploits last season.
It's not all about money Pete

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sat May 11, 2019 4:32 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Understandable but there are far better sides than Whickham in the NL. They finished 17th out of 18 last season.

Exactly. Can't see them troubling promotion and not even sure if they have been relegated. Poor ground as well

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 11, 2019 4:33 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:06 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:Whickham probably have a bit of money to splash on upgrading their team after their FA Cup exploits last season.

I agree but it helps.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat May 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:06 pm

I agree but it helps.
It does I suppose if your going from part time to full time but obviously he doesn't want full time and he doesn't have much travelling to do which I suppose is a bonus.. Shame I'd have him back