Teams in National League North for next season

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

biccynana
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Teams in National League North for next season

Post by biccynana » Wed May 15, 2019 7:43 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:39 pm
biccynana wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:33 pm
H1987 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:17 pm
I'm not sure what the implications are if Ebbsfleet, Gateshead or both go pop? I can't see them being moved down just a division. If they go, you'd expect it'll be anything new will be a phoenix club, and there will be reprieves for relegated sides? Either that, or they play the conference as a 22 team league for a year, and an extra promotion slot for a north & south side next year.
According to rule 12.6 of the NL, reprieving relegated clubs is the default:
In the event of a Club, not being placed in a relegation position at the end of the season, wishing to resign from the Competition at the end of the season, or having been removed from membership under the Articles the number of Clubs to be relegated shall be reduced accordingly.
Reprieve is the case up until the League AGM, after that its running with less clubs
Indeed. Rule 12.8
12.8 If any Club ceases to operate between the annual general meeting of the Company and the commencement of the following Playing Season, no adjustments to the number of Clubs participating in the Competition will be made. The remaining Clubs will participate in the Competition for that season.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed May 15, 2019 8:25 pm

spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Given both Gateshead and Ebbsfleet are both an absolute mess, there's every chance things could change after the provisional allocations are released.

Would be very unfair on a team if they are told they were in say NLN and start recruiting players based accordingly and then get switched to the NLS or vice versa between Sunday and the AGM. They will have to restart recruitment again and by then all best players will have been signed up
Potentially, although if you asked Aldershot (who'd get a reprieve if either goes pop before the AGM) which division they'd rather play in, I'd be certain they'd say National League, rather than NLS.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:01 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:25 pm
spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Given both Gateshead and Ebbsfleet are both an absolute mess, there's every chance things could change after the provisional allocations are released.

Would be very unfair on a team if they are told they were in say NLN and start recruiting players based accordingly and then get switched to the NLS or vice versa between Sunday and the AGM. They will have to restart recruitment again and by then all best players will have been signed up
Potentially, although if you asked Aldershot (who'd get a reprieve if either goes pop before the AGM) which division they'd rather play in, I'd be certain they'd say National League, rather than NLS.
It wouldn't just affect them, because then there would be a vacancy at step 2 etc etc all the way down the pyramid.

Also I made it very clear I was talking about clubs being swapped not clubs being reprieved

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed May 15, 2019 10:16 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:01 pm
Also I made it very clear I was talking about clubs being swapped not clubs being reprieved
And? My point was that there'll be winners and losers regardless. For every side whose preparation will be disrupted, there'd be an Aldershot who'd dodged a bullet.

Not entirely sure why you're being so thin-skinned and paranoid over a fairly innocuous comment. Not everything is an attack, you know.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 am

H1987 wrote:I'm not sure what the implications are if Ebbsfleet, Gateshead or both go pop? I can't see them being moved down just a division. If they go, you'd expect it'll be anything new will be a phoenix club, and there will be reprieves for relegated sides? Either that, or they play the conference as a 22 team league for a year, and an extra promotion slot for a north & south side next year.

I have a funny feeling both will compete next year. Gateshead fans need to get behind the existing entity and try to force the owners out - who i think might give up on things when they realise there's nowhere to relocate to.
Believe me if the gateshead fans could force the current owners out they would. Getting behind them would do no good at all. Infact the club going bust would be a good thing. No deluded wannabe managers rubbing folks faces in it, no bizare statements contradicting precious ones and best of all would benefit any new club been formed as it would effectively be a phoenix club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu May 16, 2019 6:55 am

It would be great for the gateshead fans to be able to form a club as they don't know what they will have come the new season.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:44 am

Yes, but haven't they raised basically nothing? They can't really afford a fan owned club.

Obviously they can't force the owners out, other than apply pressure, but i'd say there's a fairly good chance that the owners sell it for nowt and walk away when they realise they can't relocate the club. Which is going to happen. There's no appropriately sized stadiums for them in the local area anyway, and they can't build a new one by August.

At some point, they're going to cut their losses and walk away. At that point, the fans should be at least trying to pick up the pieces, or if needs be, forming a phoenix club. Walking away now just means you splinter the fan base, and as i stated in the opening remark... they don't have the money - or the fan base for this new venture.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:46 am

Yes, but haven't they raised basically nothing? They can't really afford a fan owned club.

Obviously they can't force the owners out, other than apply pressure, but i'd say there's a fairly good chance that the owners sell it for nowt and walk away when they realise they can't relocate the club. Which is going to happen. There's no appropriately sized stadiums for them in the local area anyway, and they can't build a new one by August.

At some point, they're going to cut their losses and walk away. At that point, the fans should be at least trying to pick up the pieces, or if needs be, forming a phoenix club. Walking away now just means you splinter the fan base, and as i stated in the opening remark... they don't have the money - or the fan base for this new venture.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 16, 2019 8:51 am

They might have to have a season not playing football, which is a danger that there dwindling support will drift away if they have nothing to watch for a year. But if they have no money and no ground, they wouldn't even get in the Wearside League.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu May 16, 2019 11:21 am

Theres always the slim prospect and i mean very slim of them utter arceholes selling and the supporters club/fans getting in with new owners and owning part of the club, a bit like the way barrow are ran. Trust me there will be no splintering of supporters where some watch current gateshead and some wont. What should they do just sit back and do nothing and wait till the existing club folds before starting a new club. As i keep saying it wont be a fully fan owned fan club so there wont just be the money raised. Its a shame the supporters and supporters club never galvanised like this in the past, could maybe have put together a consortium with business men when last owners put the club up for sale.
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams