Leeds crumbled

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Leeds crumbled

Post by onewayup » Wed May 15, 2019 8:43 pm

So it's derby v Aston villa Leeds crumbled

QUAKERMAN2

Re: Leeds crumbled

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 pm

onewayup wrote:So it's derby v Aston villa Leeds crumbled
Defence all over the place, keeper had a nightmare but what a game

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 15, 2019 10:06 pm

As a Derby fan I'm delighted, what a match probably a contender for game of the season, it was certainly dramatic. Really chuffed for Frank Lampard one of the nice guys and you wouldn't bet against us to win the play-off final on Bank Holiday Monday.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Wed May 15, 2019 10:25 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:06 pm
As a Derby fan I'm delighted, what a match probably a contender for game of the season, it was certainly dramatic. Really chuffed for Frank Lampard one of the nice guys and you wouldn't bet against us to win the play-off final on Bank Holiday Monday.
:?:

I think you want this forum, Pete https://dcfcfans.uk/forum/4-derby-county-forum/

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 15, 2019 10:57 pm

No I lived in Derby when Brian Clough was manager and they won the Championship in 1972. Funnily enough Leeds played their last game at Wolves and Derby had already finished their games. I think Leeds only needed to draw to get the title. Derby had gone on a holiday to Majorca not expecting Leeds to slip up, anyway they lost and Derby won the title. funny how Derby got the better of Leeds again tonight.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu May 16, 2019 12:36 am

The result of the play off final now guarantees another english manager in the premier league which to me is a good thing
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu May 16, 2019 6:26 am

Leeds always manage to fluff it when favourites, just add the Derby result to a long list even before 1973 FA cup final against Sunderland.
Agree with Shildonlad that another English manager in Premiership is good and prospect of nasty Terry v nice Lampard is tasty.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 am

Just loved those scenes from the dressing room after the game, with the Derby players and Lampard singing that Oasis song back at the Leeds fans. I don't think I've ever seen a manager so in tune with his players and the fans. I'm sure that one day he'll manage England.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am

Pete 💕 Frank.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Just loved those scenes from the dressing room after the game, with the Derby players and Lampard singing that Oasis song back at the Leeds fans. I don't think I've ever seen a manager so in tune with his players and the fans. I'm sure that one day he'll manage England.
I hope he gets over his serious tactical naïvity if that's to be the case. He's been found out several times this season and I'd say Derby finished the season lower than they should have considering the players his Chelsea connections have allowed him to bring in.

Mount and Tomori could easily have been playing Premiership football this season along with a few others.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 16, 2019 6:37 pm

Yes he's been naïve at times, but that's understandable when he's just managing for the first time. He certainly figured out Leeds with his tactics last night. Yes Mount and Tomori have been brilliant and they will be hard to replace if they go back to Chelsea, as will Wilson from Liverpool who has been a revelation this season.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Yes he's been naïve at times, but that's understandable when he's just managing for the first time. He certainly figured out Leeds with his tactics last night. Yes Mount and Tomori have been brilliant and they will be hard to replace if they go back to Chelsea, as will Wilson from Liverpool who has been a revelation this season.
Did he, or did he get a bit lucky when he had to bring his non-goalscoring striker off because he wasn't fit?

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Earl_Lee_Dawes

Post by Earl_Lee_Dawes » Thu May 16, 2019 7:35 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 am
Just loved those scenes from the dressing room after the game, with the Derby players and Lampard singing that Oasis song back at the Leeds fans. I don't think I've ever seen a manager so in tune with his players and the fans. I'm sure that one day he'll manage England.
Jeez I hope he doesn't get to manage England, he's a tosser

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Fri May 17, 2019 7:16 am

Earl_Lee_Dawes wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:35 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 am
Jeez I hope he doesn't get to manage England, he's a tosser
This all day long, he’s a very lucky manager (spyman spot on too). I predict he’ll either be blubbing at Wembley or next season in the Premiership.....’stop crying Frank Lampard’

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 17, 2019 8:53 am

Chelsea fans seem to be wetting their pants with excitement over the thought of him being Sarri's eventual successor. It comes across as them not really having paid tooo much attention to how Derby's season has gone and taking it on face value that they're in the play-offs so he must have done a great job.

I've got nothing against the guy, but he seems very lucky as both a player and a manager - always thought he scored an incredible amount of scuffed finishes. Something about his interview style also reminds me a little of Tommy Wright - always very formulaic.

DC

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:49 am

Very true. Derby are only in the playoffs because Boro hit the self destruct button and lost six games on the bounce at the business end of the season.

I've absolutely no love of Leeds though, so i'm quite delighted they lost. Although there's now two teams in the final I have absolutely no feelings or opinion towards whatsoever.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:17 am

The other interesting thing about derby is that their key players (in my view) are mainly loan players. Tomori (CB), Mount (CAM) and Wilson (RW) have been huge for them all season. In that sense they are kind of like us. Should they progress to the league above it may be less of a problem as their parent clubs may allow them to keep the players testing them in a higher league. But should they not progress it's likely they won't have those players next season. Then they have the issue of replacing these key players without transfer fees to support them. Bit of a lottery which likely keeps you going back to the loan market each year hoping the next player you get was as good as the last.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Fri May 17, 2019 1:13 pm

Thought it was hilarious that Leeds crumbled as they did, I have absolutely no love at all for Leeds.

Have a few mates who support Villa and saw Villa a few times at Sunderland.

In the other Play-Off games, I would like to see Newport beat Tranmere and either Charlton or Sunderland to go up out of League 1

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

divas

Post by divas » Fri May 17, 2019 2:50 pm

JE93 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:17 am
The other interesting thing about derby is that their key players (in my view) are mainly loan players. Tomori (CB), Mount (CAM) and Wilson (RW) have been huge for them all season. In that sense they are kind of like us. Should they progress to the league above it may be less of a problem as their parent clubs may allow them to keep the players testing them in a higher league. But should they not progress it's likely they won't have those players next season. Then they have the issue of replacing these key players without transfer fees to support them. Bit of a lottery which likely keeps you going back to the loan market each year hoping the next player you get was as good as the last.
No different to many teams in the championship these days. Most of them full of loan players

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 pm

Spyman wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:53 am
Chelsea fans seem to be wetting their pants with excitement over the thought of him being Sarri's eventual successor. It comes across as them not really having paid tooo much attention to how Derby's season has gone and taking it on face value that they're in the play-offs so he must have done a great job.

I've got nothing against the guy, but he seems very lucky as both a player and a manager - always thought he scored an incredible amount of scuffed finishes. Something about his interview style also reminds me a little of Tommy Wright - always very formulaic.
You don't have the career he did through luck. Not the most naturally gifted player, so I would expect he worked damn hard for the "luck" he enjoyed.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 17, 2019 4:22 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:53 am

You don't have the career he did through luck. Not the most naturally gifted player, so I would expect he worked damn hard for the "luck" he enjoyed.
Yes fair, I didn't mean that to come across as playing down his career, terrific player for Chelsea - but he seemed to have a knack for scoring more scuffed goals than anyone I remember seeing.

DC